Missing 13-year-old Thai girl found dead, murderer arrested

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the previous posting about the absurdity of reenacting the scene. The only possible reason for this is to somehow shame the alleged perpetrator. But it's a waste of time, money and resources. And it seems to be a kind of pandering to the alleged perpetrator too. Not only does the alleged assailant get to carry out a rape and murder, he gets to play the lead role in the staged version -- filmed and edited for...what?

“RAPE” should be a capital offence and should carry the death sentence or castration whether committed by adults or by the adolescence in schools or universities on females or males. “RAPE” scars the victim for life. An adolescence rapist should be castrated to prevent a recurrence of this unforgivable crime, an adult rapist, if found guilty, deserves no mercy.

Unfortunately due to the inability of our past administration to curb violence and to implement the law on the masses we live amongst a sick and undisciplined society with little or no morals. However with our new administration one can clearly see a change in the system, just look at abrupt change in the attitudes of our public personnel, as well as law enforcement, the speed at which problems are sorted out, and perpetrators are apprehended is almost unbelievable.

The problem with this, is it is often very difficult to prove, and in many cases comes down to one persons word against another as to whether it was consensual.

Do you really think there is a possibility this poor young victim consented? To being raped twice (wife says Thai news report he raped her twice), being murdered and thrown from a moving train?

This evil piece of excrement has admitted it.

In different circumstances then yes, it could be down to which person is believed and the punishment should reflect that, But in cases of extreme depravity like this, where the guy admits it - then the severity of the punishment should reflect that.

When i was referring to cases being difficult i was not meaning this one, i was generalizing to the original posters position that all rapes should be death sentence, in most cases it is far from cut and dry and difficult to prove. I don't agree with the death penalty but life should be life and probably less preferred in many instances.

“RAPE” should be a capital offence and should carry the death sentence or castration whether committed by adults or by the adolescence in schools or universities on females or males. “RAPE” scars the victim for life. An adolescence rapist should be castrated to prevent a recurrence of this unforgivable crime, an adult rapist, if found guilty, deserves no mercy.

Unfortunately due to the inability of our past administration to curb violence and to implement the law on the masses we live amongst a sick and undisciplined society with little or no morals. However with our new administration one can clearly see a change in the system, just look at abrupt change in the attitudes of our public personnel, as well as law enforcement, the speed at which problems are sorted out, and perpetrators are apprehended is almost unbelievable.

The problem with this, is it is often very difficult to prove, and in many cases comes down to one persons word against another as to whether it was consensual.

Do you really think there is a possibility this poor young victim consented? To being raped twice (wife says Thai news report he raped her twice), being murdered and thrown from a moving train?

This evil piece of excrement has admitted it.

In different circumstances then yes, it could be down to which person is believed and the punishment should reflect that, But in cases of extreme depravity like this, where the guy admits it - then the severity of the punishment should reflect that.

When i was referring to cases being difficult i was not meaning this one, i was generalizing to the original posters position that all rapes should be death sentence, in most cases it is far from cut and dry and difficult to prove. I don't agree with the death penalty but life should be life and probably less preferred in many instances.

Actually I am thinking an actual life sentence in a Thai prison is probably worse

than death.....

• Like 2

"It could happen anywhere"...it could but it doesn't. These kinds of stories if they happened in "the west" would cause a heart wrenching search for what is wrong in the entire system and with the societal fabric of the country and would be once in a generation events...in Thailand this will be forgotten about within a few days and everyone moves on..."Mai Pen Rai" will be the prevailing attitude as always.

DO these kind of people get a rough time in prison from other prisoners?? Sadly my money would say they do not..."Mai Pen Rai" again I am sure.

Tragic story...very sad indeed.

"It could happen anywhere"...it could but it doesn't. These kinds of stories if they happened in "the west" would cause a heart wrenching search for what is wrong in the entire system and with the societal fabric of the country and would be once in a generation events...in Thailand this will be forgotten about within a few days and everyone moves on..."Mai Pen Rai" will be the prevailing attitude as always.

DO these kind of people get a rough time in prison from other prisoners?? Sadly my money would say they do not..."Mai Pen Rai" again I am sure.

Tragic story...very sad indeed.

They happen the world over, sick crime against children sadly happens nearly everyday the world over. In the UK, US, Europe etc there are a lot of sick people out there.

Living in a country that disgusts you isn't a good feeling at all, is it?

Who's disgusted at living here? There is general disgust (and outright hatred in many cases) for this lowlife piece of scum and his actions.

However he is no more Thailand than Ian Brady was England.

What is your problem and why are you exploiting this tragedy to vent it?

• Like 1

Who's disgusted at living here? There is general disgust (and outright hatred in many cases) for this lowlife piece of scum and his actions.

Name me any country with 3 examples as bad as these 3 in the last 9 months alone (and just straight off the top of my head)..

1. This rape and murder on the train with family in the same carriage

2. Nui abduction and murder of the 4 or 5 year old in Bangna

3. The murder of the nanny and the 2 kids in Pattaya

That is just off the top of my head but there are more for sure.

Name any country with 3 examples that bad...or even 1 example that bad

Name me any country with 3 examples as bad as these 3 in the last 9 months alone (and just straight off the top of my head)..

No. I won't even bother to try.

I find it nauseous that people pick these type of tragedies to vent their own personal demons.

Nobody will be able to, but you knew that already.

I will tell you another thing...Ian Brady was nearly 50 years ago...THAT is how far you have to go back and people STILL discuss this and there is STILL much souls searching in the UK about how this ever happened..50 years ago!!

This Thai case will be forgotten about by this Saturday..completely forgotten about with no real questions asked and no lessons learned....

"Mai Pen Rai" as they love to say here

• Like 1

Brady commited his hideous crimes half a century ago yet it still feels people with disgust to this very day. It is still talked about and the case for finding the missing children is still ongoing. Brady is still inside today and it has been ruled that he will die inside.

This story will be forgotten about in a few days (apart from friends and family of course) and the perpetrator will probably be out inside 10-15 years max.

Can you see the difference?

I will tell you another thing...Ian Brady was nearly 50 years ago...THAT is how far you have to go back and people STILL discuss this and there is STILL much souls searching in the UK about how this ever happened..50 years ago!!

This Thai case will be forgotten about by this Saturday..completely forgotten about with no real questions asked and no lessons learned....

"Mai Pen Rai" as they love to say here

Blimey, that's almost spooky..

Great minds an all that :-)

• Like 1

RIP young lady

In other countries there would be much bigger outcry from the general public,heads would role and systems change

"Prapat Chongsanguan, governor of the SRT, insisted that the company has a rigorous safety standard regarding its employees. He said Mr. Wanchai was a temporary staff hired to clean the trains, not a permanent employee"

Sounds like a bit of face saving has already started, this guy is a carriage attendant(permanent staff I know not) but not a cleaner ... cleaners on trains do not wear caps!

Land of false Smiles?

Beware ,there are "predators" all around you !

Never ever leave your children alone ,not for 10 seconds !

Do not thrust strangers ,not even thai family ,they can go loco in a wimp .

Check on the teachers in the school ,warn them not to touch your children .

Lock your car doors while driving.

Never look for more than 2 seconds to a passing thai lady ,her boyfriend might kill

you for this .

Add 100 advises yourself.coffee1.gif

Brady commited his hideous crimes half a century ago yet it still feels people with disgust to this very day. It is still talked about and the case for finding the missing children is still ongoing. Brady is still inside today and it has been ruled that he will die inside.

This story will be forgotten about in a few days (apart from friends and family of course) and the perpetrator will probably be out inside 10-15 years max.

Can you see the difference?

The wests

Thompson and Venables

Peter Sutcliffe

Donald Neilson

I could go on but why bother. Sort out your personal issues elsewhere.

• Like 1

Torture him and torture him more until he dies a painful death

I see so many People high on methamphetamine, it fuels these lunatics

Start drug testing all employes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by SirBser

A number of posts have been removed.

8) Do not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity.

9) Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Posted Today, 05:55

LATEST DEVELOPMENT

Missing teen 'still alive'

The Nation

IMHO this post should be removed. The event is bad enough without terrible reporting.

I beat you by about 10 hours. Ironically, it was followed by another post containing a claim by a TV editor that (s)he had removed a post with a scurrilous rumour. I don't know how you could get more scurrilous in rumour-mongering than the above.

RIP young lady

In other countries there would be much bigger outcry from the general public,heads would role and systems change

I have no idea how any country could have a bigger outcry. Are you not in Thailand, or you do not know any Thai people, or you can't read/listen to Thai media.... or what?

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 1

TV Gerry

You must never have been in a Thai train. You talk about 'cabin'. What cabin, unless it's 1st class? I travel often on the trains here. There is a carriage with 'beds' on either side of a long aisle. Or the newer trains, where there is a sort of cabin that gives on an aisle. There are 4 beds inside, but there is a wide opening with no door.

... but from what I have read these people actually fear being killed.

(Just like cowardly bullies fear being confronted)

And from what I've read in Tv - there is no real deterrent for minor crimes,

until such crimes become serious, as in this case.

There is no natural law of the jungle - if you have a knife and a silent family...

Size and Innocence mean nothing.

Thankfully he got found out - AND HAS to be MADE AN EXAMPLE OF!

The methodology leaves a lot to be desired, comparing 9 month periods is pointless, over a longer period I'm sure that the UK or US can easily provide comparable statistics. Plus well publicised cases in the UK have tended to make parents far more wary and protective of their children than is probably the case in Thailand. Certainly I could name several horrendous child murder cases in the UK over the last 9 months, committed by the parents in most cases. Much easier to protect a child from strangers than its own parents.

I have said it before so so sad and a total waste of life, poor Firl, what she went through must of been terrible.

So, the Thai people are wanting the death penalty for his crime.... Which I totally understand, maybe not agree

But I can understand.

What I cannot,understand is, the Red Bull Heir, who committed a terrible crime as well, and he is still walking

The streets ??? Once again, one law for the working class and another for the People with money..

R.I.P. young girl, your life was taken far too soon...

Her mum must be in some state, I also read her dad died a few years back....so her mum has just got her other kids

To comfort her...

Absolutely sickening, nauseating, I can't, and frankly don't want to, imagine the terror and pain that this poor child went through in her last minutes alive.

I was on the Sura-Bangkok train the next night. I've ridden the trains, mostly Bangkok to Chiangmai, numerous times, and the trips always leave me wondering (but not really) why the standards in almost all respects are so low. That guy in the white shirt looking so sad is partly responsible for the horror this child experienced before being violently murdered in cold blood! He should resign or be sacked.

Not to diminish this tragedy, but the abuse of young girls and women on any level is all connected. I'm not a prude, but I don't exploit young women for sex and now that I've spent more time in Thailand I honestly find it rather disturbing how many expats here consider it okay to do so. When in Rome, I guess. Point is, it's easy to rage on how horribly this guy needs to die, but we all have a share in how the world around us develops, or doesn't, and everyone making some small effort to give a hand up to young people, especially women/girls, or to discourage their exploitation by, if not locals due to the barriers to that, at least with other falang, makes it just a bit less likely that this kind of thing will happen on a given day.

RIP to this poor young girl and condolences to her family, they must be shattered by this.

• Like 1