Arrival Card or Marriage

BabyButton

A quick question.

I called the British Embassy today to ask this but the lady on the phone had no idea, as lovely as she was!!

I do not have my Arrival card and we are due to get our paperwork sorted and be married in two weeks.

I have noooo idea where it is, or how I lost it. It was a stressful 19 hour journey from England with a 4 month old baby and somehow I must have dropped it.

Has anyone been able to marry without this or will I have to leave and come back in again to get a new arrival card

Thanks

No I don't have that either, I always leave them on the plane! I'm not very organised!

My local immigration now would be Krabi but as we are leaving tomorrow for Bangkok I guess I would just do it there.

Is it possible without the boarding card? Can they not just see the date I arrived from my visa stamp?

Thanks for your reply =)

No I don't have that either, I always leave them on the plane! I'm not very organised!

My local immigration now would be Krabi but as we are leaving tomorrow for Bangkok I guess I would just do it there.

Is it possible without the boarding card? Can they not just see the date I arrived from my visa stamp?

Thanks for your reply =)

Of course they can do it without the Boarding card (was a bit of sarcasm (I lose that one also) (sorry))

They will check your details in the computer and they will issue you with a new one, just be smiley and say lots of time sorry and you will be oke.

This happens all the time so don't worry, but the sooner you sort it the better.

Good Luck

The Arrival card would have been taken off you when you arrived. The part you seemed to have lost is actually the departure card.

As far as I know it forms no part of any paperwork required for you to get married. You can sort the card aspect out at the airport when you leave, no big issue.

I have lost my mind in the last 48 hours!

I said to my boyfriend I am sure they keep the arrival card I never remember getting it back on any of my entries into Bangkok before but then I doubted myself and just thought I had lost it.

The departure card I have!! So then there is no problem!

Thanks guys!!

No worries blondie brunett-ie, I just turned the office upside down and called everyone incompetent whilst looking for my glasses... which were perched on my head all the time.

Teething?.... oh yes. I mean, Oh no! I feel for you. Get some rest if you can.

And good luck with the nuptials thingamabob too. Post and let us know how it all went. There was a recent thread here about a 'bad wedding' so hoping yours is a splendid, happy bash.

• Like 1

Haha NanLaew be dopey?

Will keep you posted, although I think iv stuffed this up already! Now I realise I definitely should be blonde!

Have got all the documents stamped and been to the MFA and lardydaaaaaaa BUT iv just been looking through my forms and I haven't wrote my income on the affirmation of freedom to marry.

Please tell me the amphur will not refuse this, if they do I think ill have a breakdown!

Any advice or tips on a nice amphur who might just be so kind as to let me away with it!!!