BBL Bualuang transfer, vs. WUnion rate/fees vs. Swift rate/fees

hello, i'm trying to do the math on how to send $200 to a friend who has a BBL. I don't have internet banking w/ BBL, is there an option to transfer via Bualuang phone ? Seems highly likely something might go wrong.

at present, it seems to me that Western Union discloses "we make money on the conversion rate dollar-> baht", but i'm wondering at what point, or dollar amount, would the better rate using a Swift transfer 200baht BBL, $25 Schwab, be better than the $22 western union, and somewhat worse rate be.

basis points/satang

$11 (330thb) + for the BBL Swift = $200 x 30.00 = 6000 thb, $200 x 31.00 = 6200 thb , etc

maybe in this case Western Union still wins .......?

Am not sure what you want from us? You are in USA and making transfer to Thailand? If you have a BBL account and want to transfer to another Thai account without internet expect phone banking might be an option but you would have to check there website for procedures - suspect there must be a way to establish your ID (by internet it is SMS to your registered phone a unique code number for input).

For small amount like this expect WU would be a reasonable and easy option.

I just, really don't like 20% of a transfer going to Western Union, and then, a vague exchange rate, that they can manipulate. ; so, looking for a reliable way around it, if there is one........ but, don't know enough on how exchange rates are used....

If you are in the US, send it via bangkok bank New York, they pass it to the Thai account.

But there will be fees, as always, its a % of the transfer amount and exchange rate is done bangkok side.

OP..I think you already have the info to price-out the different options as you've asked this question in various ways in various threads for the last few months...and answers/feedback/price-outs have has been provided by various folks. You already know there really isn't any way to send money without incurring a fee(s) in the direct or indirect form...and when sending a small amount like $200 the fees eat a significant portion "percentage-wise." If I remember right you have signed-up for some new U.S. bank/credit union accounts and credit cards which will allow you to get money at a low fee or even free "once in Thailand", but until you get here you are stuck in "sending" the GF money which is going to incur fees...for now consider the sending fees a "not-here" GF maintenance fee.

BBL Wire /Swift

USD

United States Dollar

THB

+ 200THB BBL ($6.24) + Schwab $25

$31.24 x 32.05= 1001.24 thb

1001 / ($100 x 32.05) 3205thb = .31 %

$200 x 32.05 6410 = .16%

1001 /9615($300) = 0.10 %

___

WU: Estimated exchange rate : 1 US Dollar (USD) = 30.7901 +$22 ;

$22x ??? 30.79 = 677.38 thb

$22x 32.05 705 thb

677 / ($100 x 30.79) 3079 thb = .21 %

705/ 3079 = .22 %

$200 x 30.27 6054

677/6054 .11%

705/3079 etc

___

MG: 30.88 + $10 (?$32.05) ?320.5

$100 x 30.88 3088

$200 x 30.88 6176

320.5/3088 =.10

_______

the answer seems to be MG up until $300.00 then Wire.

trouble is MG requires one to input their "last 4" SSN, which I really don't like doing

sorry if wasted your time again :)

If you are in the US why not go the route through BBL New York. This would be a domestic transfer for you. The rates should be slightly better and the transfer is supposed to be quite easy. I have never tried it due to no account in the US but might be worth to check it out.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

well, it's more a friend than GF, I thought about giving her my BBL ATM card before I left, but since it's my only account, didn't. ; not using NYC BLL ACH, cause it's a third party account @ BBL, I don't think I'm allowed to ACH to an account not in my name, cheers

well, it's more a friend than GF, I thought about giving her my BBL ATM card before I left, but since it's my only account, didn't. ; not using NYC BLL ACH, cause it's a third party account @ BBL, I don't think I'm allowed to ACH to an account not in my name, cheers

that's not goner be much help,they doner how to use one[card that is]w00t.gif