refused renewal on non immO marriage visa ,,,in UK

I have been married to my thai wife for 18 years and have a 15 year old daughter in bangkok , i have over 7m baht in Thai banks and stock s and bonds and own a condo in my own name in Pattaya,,

So when i applied for renewal of non imm O based on marriage after 12 previous marriage visas during family visit in UK I thought this should be usual piece of cake ,, submitted all asked for documents ,bank statement , marriage and kids birth certificate , property deeds etc etc etc and was flabbergasted to be redused by Hull then london !!!

why ??? because I dont have regular income ,, i earn over $80k in one year working for oil companies around the world and have been an UK expat for 14 years , but my salary come only during the 6 months I work ,,and some goes to Hong kong , some to Thailand , i bank and invest offshore for tax reasons they told me that they wanted to see monthly income in UK ??? and that my income was irregular and did not qualify, anyway !!!

so now i am in thailand on a tourist visa 30 days ,, going back to work after that

what a ridiculous situation ,, any ideas on how to rectify situation ???

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, avoid Hull and the embassy like the plague. Hull have to refer everything to London except visit visas having transgressed in the past. The embassy seem to be entirely ignorant of their own laws and have introduced this daft income rule of their own volition. As above says, stick to Cardiff and Liverpool. However, who knows what the future holds. There are plans afoot to submit all applications electronically and presumably they may all be dealt with by London. Heaven help us.

• Like 1

Make a trip to Savannakhet Laos and get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage. They ask for no financial proof. All you will need is your marriage certificate (plus copy), signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card.

Where did you apply for your visa in the UK? Was the application refused by one of the conulates or was it denied by the embassy.after applying at one of the consulates.

There have been recent reports of the embassy in London accepting and approving them with no financial proof.

As said get your visa locally where off-shore work is understood or better yet extend for marriage at immigration - you do need to have a non immigrant O entry and apply during final 30 days (and be in Thailand to get approval 30 days later) but if your are really 6 months on and 6 months off that should be doable and following years will only require being here for about 30 days at the renewal time.

If unable (monthly type work rota) Savannakhet is the current best option for visa as you normally have.

problem is my non o has now expired ,, next stop will be norway ,but not able to do it there when offshore , then a trip to Uk to see my dad than off to another job not likely to be back in thailand until november now and then I will probably need a non O as I usually dont work until march ,, ., i applied to hull who then process via london embassy but Birmingham backed them up also with same info ,?

I went to immigration in Jomtien this morning just got back ,, no deal,, they told me visa O now expired you have go back UK and do new again ,, not interested in my documents at all.

actually these days i rarely bother to work more than 4 months a year ,so its really important to get my Non O replaced ASAP/

Make the trip to Savannakhet Laos for the visa. They are doing them the same day you apply now.

You can get flights on Nok Air and Air Asia have fly ride service to Mukdahan via Nakhon Phanom..

On on Lao Airways to Savannakhet.

Birmingham is no better than Hull. Go to Cardiff or Liverpool. If all else fails get a double/ triple entry visit visa and when you are sorted in Thailand convert your visit visa into a Non immigrant O and then submit your spouse extension application. I think this is still possible but it is important to ensure that your current visit visa has at least 21 day unexpired.

Unbonjoe should be able to confirm if this route is still available.

Edited by Seekingasylum

Hi

I think you can get it done in Pattaya.. I send you a MP..

Good luck

Get what done in Pattaya? His visa has expired.

I'm sure there are more people interested in your solution, please post here.

• Like 1

His visa is not expired.. He is on tourist visa which can be changed to another type of visa..

Pattaya is a land in the land and there are some connections there.. I can't garanty but I think you can get it sorted out.. If interested MP me

Good luck

His visa is not expired.. He is on tourist visa which can be changed to another type of visa..

Pattaya is a land in the land and there are some connections there.. I can't garanty but I think you can get it sorted out.. If interested MP me

Good luck

He is not on a tourist visa . He has a 30 day visa exempt entry,

He could do a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon qualifying for an extension based upon marriage in Bangkok and he would need at least 15 days remaining on his 30 day entry to apply for it.

I am not sure he plans on stay here long enough to get an extension based upon marriage.

He could apply for a 60 day extension to visit his wife.

I too am 28/28 with an account in BKK and about to set up another in HK, where my salary in USD will be transferred. I was thinking of doing the whole Non-O marriage visa in HK and so far, communications with the Embassy in HK have made it sound fairly easy. The issue is that due to my rotation, I will only be in BKK for 28 days then off to work again for another 28 days and wonder how that affects the whole procedure. I understand that I must come back from HK with a 30 day Non-O then apply for the one year multi entry but another person mentioned that this could take some time and I will be overseas again. Or am I completely confused.

I too get very frustrated with the issues govts have with working vs actually having money. Is it that hard to understand that money is why we go to work, and that if you have a couple of years salary as buffer in cash, that all should be ok. Money should be the litmus test, as it is "worth" much more than a job.... I can lose a job, or I could quit too. We just have such weird premonitions about work, in every country, in my opinion. If you are a working alcoholic cocaine addict, all is fine as far as these immigration officials are concerned. If you have been prudent and saved a ton of money, make money off investments, and take some time off, you are supposedly not worthy of anything.

Edited by isawasnake
  • Like 1

Requirements for a non immigrant multiple o based on marriage, seems to be confusing, I am about to apply for one for the fifth year running and llike others only work 6 months of the year, spending six months in Thailand with my wife and family. I have done some ringing around in recent days and seemed to get the same general reply. Hull require proof of income which they must check with London, but if visiting in person, Cardiff, Liverpool and Birmingham say they do not, just marrage certifcate (translated) and a copy of wifes ID Card/passport . Phoned the embassy in London and they said the same, when applying by post all i would need to include with the application would be the wedding certifcate and copy of wifes ID card/Passport, i asked if they were sure and they said yesr , i would not need to show proof of income.

I am about to apply through the post via the Embassy and will keep you posted on the outcome.

I am spend around 6-7 months each year in Thailand in one block, is there a better option than a multiple o visa to do this?

I was back in the UK in June and applied to the Thai Embassy in London for a one year Non-immigrant 'O' multiple entry visa in person. My last seven I did by mail to Hull.

The lady asked for the application form, fee, two photos, marriage certificate and copy of my wife's i.d. and told me to return the next day. I asked about proof of income or bank balance but she said it wasn't necessary. I returned the next day and got my one year Non Imm 'O'.

i have a couple of pals who do the 28/28 rotation offshore and been doing it for years... they only get a regular visa on arrival at the airport (as they are here for less than 30 days) and come and go every month... easy peasy... they have never had a problem in 8 yrs of doing this....fly in, fly out, ever 4 weeks...even with "new" rules in place the last few trips for them have not been a problem

problem is my non o has now expired ,, next stop will be norway ,but not able to do it there when offshore , then a trip to Uk to see my dad than off to another job not likely to be back in thailand until november now and then I will probably need a non O as I usually dont work until march ,, ., i applied to hull who then process via london embassy but Birmingham backed them up also with same info ,?

I went to immigration in Jomtien this morning just got back ,, no deal,, they told me visa O now expired you have go back UK and do new again ,, not interested in my documents at all.

actually these days i rarely bother to work more than 4 months a year ,so its really important to get my Non O replaced ASAP/

The extension of stay is waste of time and effort especially given your frequent travel schedule. With the limited time you have in Thailand, you should enjoy it with your family, not have to mess around going to the local immigration office waiting to be interviewed by sullen unhelpful officials who often have it in for foreign nationals married to locals.

Next time you are in the UK, get another Non-immigrant "O" visa, valid for 12 months, multiple entry if possible. When that expires then just return and get another one. It will work out more expensive that way but on your remuneration you're not that concerned with saving a few thousand baht each year.

Good luck

I know we are under martial law but I havnt seen any MPs aroundbiggrin.png

They all had to report!

Don't use Hull or the embassy. Call or e-mail Cardiff to check the current requirement there, back in March it was only wife's ID & marriage cert, no financials of any kind. Have to visit in person but it's then issued on the spot.

Do you have the e-mail address for Cardiff.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Don't use Hull or the embassy. Call or e-mail Cardiff to check the current requirement there, back in March it was only wife's ID & marriage cert, no financials of any kind. Have to visit in person but it's then issued on the spot.

Do you have the e-mail address for Cardiff.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sure.... enquiries "at" thaiconsulatewales.org.uk

Just to be clear, if you have an O visa,400k you can get a marriage extension. At the end of that year are you getting a new O visa and doing the extension again or do get another 12 month extension of the original O visa? Extending this same visa year after year?

Just to be clear, if you have an O visa,400k you can get a marriage extension. At the end of that year are you getting a new O visa and doing the extension again or do get another 12 month extension of the original O visa? Extending this same visa year after year?

You renew the extension. No need to renew the visa.

• Like 1