Israel is using a sledgehammer to crack nuts

Lite Beer

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? There has never been an Arab country called Palestine. The Arabs were the ones that started the conflict and they elected Hamas - a terrorist group - to govern them. I'm pretty sure that if they were "slaves," somebody that was not shooting rockets at Israel would be in charge.  whistling.gif

Israel is occupying thier land  and all this terror would stop if they gave up their  illegal occupation as demanded by the UN.
Rubbish, these crazy mofos cause terror every where and in every country they can, even in countries they already occupy. Move Israelis out to another location and they would cause terror to them there. Genetic v. Situational? I am leaning toward genetic inability to be happy, normal and not hate.

If you did this to my land, I would hate you, regardless of my religious persuasion, I would also wish for your total eradication.

In all seriousness, thank God other cultures don't think like this. Israel has nukes and would just level Germany based on how they were treated before and during WWII. Many cultures and races have be wronged throughout world existence. Those that are successful, have learned to forgive and focus on bettering themselves and their cultures.

Russia lost more men and women in WW2 than anyone and its losses were staggering. They let it go and no Russian I know harbor or is driven by anger or resentment against Germans for the decimation of entire families, cities and a huge portion of the male population, fathers and grandfathers.

Time for some cultures to buck up, start living like humans and focus on bettering themselves. Edited by capcc76
  • Like 1

Gaza is a concentration camp with the border controlled by the Israeli military.

Every single country on this planet controls its borders. 

Whats your excuse for Egyptian side of the border? It is also closed and tightly controlled by Egypt

Perhaps you would like to defend the slaughter of thousands of innocent Palestinians by the heavily armed
IDF as justified border control.

The current escalation will achieve nothing for Israel apart from highlighting on the world stage the imbalance
In their tactics.

As I have said before Israel needs economic and travel bans to bring them to some reasonable solution to the situation. Common sense suggest a two state solution will never work but the right wingers want a total Jewish state and will never allow integration.

Perhaps i would.

I am sorry to tell you, but the moment one starts to assist militants they lose the status of "civilian"

As already proven and admitted by the "freedom fighters" Hamas who mind you are NOT even occupied they use civilians as human shields, they encourage it, they promote it and they force it.

Not sure why you think Jewish life is worth less than Arab life. and in case you have not noticed it is Hamas who is targeting ONLY civilians.

It is the very same brave freedom fighters who target civilians and then use own civilians to hide out.

And these are the people you support? not embarrassed a little? should be

Edited by Pralaad
  • Like 1

I am not sure what planet you are one but you would need to be some sort of blinding drug to not see that launching missiles from fighter aircraft in to densely populated areas is going to result in many civilian casualties.

Israel has tried this tactic many times in the past and it has never worked.

All it does is highlight the inhuman treatment the right wingers who run the country inflict on their neighbours.

We see it across the world in news bulletins and no amount of defensive rhetoric will hide the truth.

By contrast their sworn enemy Iran lets their Jewish population live in peace and harmony.
  • Like 1

I have a good Jewish friend in Canada whose surname is Levi - No problem tracing that family back 2500 years to Israel! His view is that what the 'Zionists' are doing in Israel and to the Palestinians is an absolute travesty and he is embarrassed to identify himself as a Jew. He says it is nothing short of ethnic cleansing and that no lessons at all have been learned from the persecution of the Jews during WW2, what the state of Israel are doing is engaging in terrorism and genocide! Now that is the view of a North American Jewish family - is he anti-semitic? I dare you !  

It gives me the slightest hope of faith in humanity when there are knowledgable properly educated Jews around who recognise the disgraceful unchecked behaviour of those occupying Israel. As he nicely put it, 'please do not think this happens in my name'!  Shame some of the uneducated clunks on here cannot see things for what they are. I am not supportive of either side but I know a playground bully when I see him and non of us find bullying acceptable, we all cry stop it, intervene. If I saw a playground bully at school I WOULD intervene, regardless of who the child belonged to. All we have at the moment are people egging the bully on and giving them a bigger stick to beat the small kid with.

You lot that scream - Hamas should arrest the killers of the youths - I ask you, how do you arrest anyone when the police and army have been destroyed and dismantled? I mean we have just had the chief of whatever pitiful police force they had blown into a thousand pieces - that's gonna help isn't it.

One day, you guy's will wake up and go ! and it will be TOO late

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing!

I don't care about sides. If you cannot work out what is right or wrong, if you cannot see what is happening with an honest objective eye, you are no different to the animals ordering the killing on both sides.

The uncontrolled, illegal settlement buildings continues, the land grabs continue and the complete ignoring of UN resolutions have continued for 30 years. It is totally unacceptable for any nation to use this type of force on the civilian population of any other nation. It was unacceptable in Iraq, It was unacceptable in Afghanistan and Pakistan and it is unacceptable in Gaza. Gaza is already in the stone age, they are not permitted to have concrete to build with and for Ulysses to honestly suggest they have luxury malls and are fat is preposterous. And what if they do Ulysses? Is that a luxury only you are entitled to? Are these people not permitted to live? And for Jingthing, the Palestinians tried negotiating peace without Hamas, Hamas were not always on the scene have you forgotten? But Israel never wanted peace they put more and more stringent conditions in place that became completely unacceptable, as they would do for anyone in any nation on earth. I have no idea why I have even typed this because those of you that are blind will refuse to open your eyes and see.

What part of this image do you not understand? How would you like the palestinians to settle down and form their own country out of this Ulysses. And the green bit gets smaller every single day!

4maps.jpg

With the exception of the 1947 map the others are factually wrong and is Arab propaganda. Up to 1967 the west bank was Jordanian territory. And Gaza was controlled by Egypt. Israel gave Gaza back to the Palestinians.

As a Jew I also find what is happening regrettable. BUT,  What is Israel supposed to do when Hamas hide and fire rockets from within civilian areas, They are not attacking military targets they are trying to hit civilian populations.

At the end of the day it takes two to make peace, unfortunately the Palestinians have never really wanted peace. So I for one am very happy That Israel is the bully in the playground. They are warning the Palestinian population when they will be attacking, they are doing everything they can to minimise civilian casualties. Is that the actions of a bully? What are Hamas doing to minimise these casualties. For you to say Israel never wanted peace is crap. simply they could have done to the Palestinians what the Palestinians wanted to do to them push them into the sea. They could be killing a lot more Palestinians than are being killed. They have the power to do that if that is really what they wanted. IT IS NOT.  

Palestinians tried negotiating peace without Hamas

Yes Hamas were not always on the scene, They fought with the PA and took control of Gaza. So how could the Palestinians negotiate over Gaza when they were fighting with Hamas? Who refuses to recognise Israel? HAMAS.

Now that is the view of a North American Jewish family - is he anti-semitic? I dare you ! 

He could very well be anti-semitic!

But I would have to know more of his background. How can I put this? In the back of my mind I know if a Hitler bent on the destruction of the Jewish people were to happen again, I could go to Israel, to escape what happened to my mothers family in Auschwitz. So I stand by Israel, It has a right to defend itself even if the hamas cowards hide behind civilians.

So I can agree that what is happening to the people of Gaza is bad, but Israel didn't put them there, Hamas did.

• Like 2

One mans Terrorist is another mans Freedom Fighter

Yeah, a real freedom fighter puts his wife and kid in the firing line while hiding out.thumbsup.gif

You missed the point of my post.

Or not - some people have blinders on.

It is a matter of which side of the fence you place yourself.

Defending what the Israeli government is doing is just plain wrong.

Defending what Hamas is doing is just plain wrong.

I never took any sides, just pointed out that blame must be proportioned.

What Zionists are doing now is what was done to them in the past. No question.

But then most - if not all - religions in the world adhere to the same view. Ours is the only true faith, and if you are not for us then you are against us. We are going to Heaven, all the rest are going to Hell. What Drivel !!!

More pain and suffering caused throughout history by organized religion than any other single cause.

I am not sure what planet you are one but you would need to be some sort of blinding drug to not see that launching missiles from fighter aircraft in to densely populated areas is going to result in many civilian casualties.

Israel has tried this tactic many times in the past and it has never worked.

All it does is highlight the inhuman treatment the right wingers who run the country inflict on their neighbours.

We see it across the world in news bulletins and no amount of defensive rhetoric will hide the truth.

By contrast their sworn enemy Iran lets their Jewish population live in peace and harmony.

IF they were launching missiles in a fashion you like to portray, rest assured there would be no Gaza no more and civilian casualties would have been into hundreds of thousands.

If you looking for scapegoat, look in your own backyard.

Hamas causes all the suffering to its own people.

Hamas uses all the money on weapons instead of development

Hamas persecutes its own people 

Hamas brings violence to its own people.

Hamas puts its own people in the firing line(really unsure how many times same needs to be repeated over and over again)

Hamas hides HUGE rocket arsenal in mosques

Hamas smuggles weapons

Hamas fires rockets into a sovereign state being well aware of the consequences.

I could go on, but it would be pointless, because some things simply can not be explained and some people are simply unreasonable and blinded by hate.

• Like 1

With the exception of the 1947 map the others are factually wrong and is Arab propaganda.

1947 is wrong too. That is a map of Mandate Palestine, under the administration of Great Britain by the League of Nations. It was never controlled by the Palestinian Arabs and never promised to them either.

• Like 1

It is not so much religion but religious zealots who cause the problems.

In the case of the so called 'settlers' they nearly all come from overseas but refuse to accept they are living on someone else's territory in the West Bank.

Christian fundamentalists used the same technique when they drove out the native Indian population in the USA and can still be found in the US 'bible belt'.

Most of the issues with Afghanistan,Pakistan are caused by Muslim fundamentalists.

Closer to,home we have the Orange order Protestants in Northern Ireland.

I have to say I am glad I am an aethiast.

Religion is the root of so much evil on this planet.
  • Like 1

What does Israel expect ?  They invaded the country, and enslaved the resident population..

Really? There has never been an Arab country called Palestine. The Arabs were the ones that started the conflict and they elected Hamas - a terrorist group - to govern them. I'm pretty sure that if they were "slaves," somebody that was not shooting rockets at Israel would be in charge.  

Israel is occupying thier land  and all this terror would stop if they gave up their  illegal occupation

You mean like when they turned over Gaza to the Palestinians? That worked out real well. tongue.png

And then blockaded them and controlled them to the point they even rationed their water. Gaza has never been free to control their own affairs, it is no more than an internment camp. If Israel would make proper consessions like withdrawing to the agreed '47 borders, perhaps less the Golan heights, then they would take the high ground, so to speak, and leave the Arabs with little ground for complaint.

Sent from my XT1033 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 2

One mans Terrorist is another mans Freedom Fighter

Yeah, a real freedom fighter puts his wife and kid in the firing line while hiding out.thumbsup.gif

You missed the point of my post.

Or not - some people have blinders on.

It is a matter of which side of the fence you place yourself.

Defending what the Israeli government is doing is just plain wrong.

Defending what Hamas is doing is just plain wrong.

I never took any sides, just pointed out that blame must be proportioned.

What Zionists are doing now is what was done to them in the past. No question.

But then most - if not all - religions in the world adhere to the same view. Ours is the only true faith, and if you are not for us then you are against us. We are going to Heaven, all the rest are going to Hell. What Drivel !!!

More pain and suffering caused throughout history by organized religion than any other single cause.

NO i did not miss the point of your post, 

Freedom fighters do not hide behind women and children, they fight to protect their women and children.

Freedom fighters sacrifice their life to protect their kids, they do not put their kids in the firing line.

What Israeli government doing is protecting its civilians from tonnes of rockets, you see something wrong with that?

What Hamas doing is putting its civilians in danger, 

Now you want to put blame proportionally?

I wonder what your thoughts would be if you lived under rocket fire and your government did nothing to help youwhistling.gif

Or if you lived under missile bombardment but your government not only did nothing, but also encouraged heavier bombardment and  forced you to get into the line of fire while soldiers were hiding out.

I wonder how you would feel then? and if you were a reasonable person, where you would lay the blame

• Like 2

And then blockaded them and controlled them to the point they even rationed their water. Gaza has never been free to control their own affairs, it is no more than an internment camp. If Israel would make proper consessions like withdrawing to the agreed '47 borders, perhaps less the Golan heights, then they would take the high ground, so to speak, and leave the Arabs with little ground for complaint.

facepalm.gif

What does Gaza have to do with 47 borders?

What does Golan have to do with Gaza?

And what does Golan have to do with Fakestinians? Golan is Syrian territory

• Like 1

It is not so much religion but religious zealots who cause the problems.

Indeed . Muslim fundamentalist radicals are in the process of destroying the Middle East and the ironic thing is that they are mostly fighting each other. bah.gif

• Like 1

And then blockaded them

That might have something to do with the suicide bombers and thousands of rockets that they sent Israel's way as soon as they had their own territory. They should have tried a little gratitude for a change, but they have no manners. It is no wonder they don't have a pot to piss in. Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

With the exception of the 1947 map the others are factually wrong and is Arab propaganda.

1947 is wrong too. That is a map of Mandate Palestine, under the administration of Great Britain by the League of Nations. It was never controlled by the Palestinian Arabs and never promised to them either.

It is factual in so far, that it shows the lands that were promised for the Jewish state. The land in green is what was left for the Arabs to have. So OK not promised to the Palestinians. Even Jerusalem was supposed to be under UN control! It never was.

But again it is in isolation of the Arab countries around it. i.e. The west bank belonged to Jordan and the Gaza strip was Egyptian. They were never Palestinian territory.

In fact I think I am right in saying that a Palestinian state only became a talking point after 1967. After Israel took control of the west bank. and in 1973 with the peace deal with Egypt, Egypt left Gaza under Isreali control, and Jordan to survive being turned into a quasi Palestinian state, left the west bank to the Palestinians for a future homeland. Even though it was under Israeli control after 1967. So it is questionable as to how much of a claim the Palestinians have to any land as it was never theirs 

[attachment=275168:mapPNCplan1974.jpg]

As this map shows there never was an area called Palestine beyond the boarders of Israel they are Jodanian and Egyptian.

Edited by ggold
  • Like 1

facepalm.gif

So no compromise then? It all has to do with the '47 borders and Israel's constant land grabbing. The Golan heights are under Israeli occupation for their strategic value and access to water, so what I propose is to let them keep them in the spirit of compromise.

facepalm.gif

So no compromise then? It all has to do with the '47 borders and Israel's constant land grabbing. The Golan heights are under Israeli occupation for their strategic value and access to water, so what I propose is to let them keep them in the spirit of compromise.

May be second time luckyrolleyes.gif

What does Gaza have to do with Golan?

What does 47 borders have to do with Gaza?

What does Israel's alleged land grabbing have to do with Gaza?

• Like 1

facepalm.gif

As far as Gaza goes it is already along the 47 boarder line, Israel hasn't taken any land from the Gaza area.

• Like 1

Please provide evidence they were absent and the reason for it, if you can not, then please do not post nonsense and save it for your anti Israel group who invents history, starts to believe it and worst of all expect others to believe it

Jews lost their control of Palestine around 2000 years ago.    You have anything to refute that?   Post it.

There was Palestine 2000 years ago?

facepalm.gif

As far as Gaza goes it is already along the 47 boarder line, Israel hasn't taken any land from the Gaza area.

Yes it has!

facepalm.gif

Yes it has!

Oh no it hasn't!

Fantastic post -  the good news is that there is hope - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QiV9xn0RbI

Clearly some have problems sinking in, so lets try again, what does this have to do with Gaza and Hamas?

Clearly some have problems sinking in, so lets try again, what does this have to do with Gaza and Hamas?

It has to do with anti-Zionists being under the impression that the anti-Zionist opinion of a JEW has some kind of magical power. Nice boy though. I'm happy he had the chance to express his opinion. He is not Israeli though and doesn't live in the situation that Israelis live in. He goes back to an upscale suburb in Philly, the poor dear.  He's right, the Palestinians have been given a crap deal ... but it's not so simple to blame only Israel ... they should look at their own "leadership" as well. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Terrorist organisations the world over from Hamas to al Qaeda to the IRA are businesses to make money for their leaders, nothing else. They use religion to justify their organised crime business, look at Yassir Arafat, when he died he had billions of dollars in Swiss bank accounts, is that a man fighting for himself or a cause ?

I personally think that the israeli's have restrained themselves, ok I do agree with the limiting settlement issue & do think that both sides provoke when they can. But there is no solution to this problem - especially if Tony Blair is involved

Fantastic post -  the good news is that there is hope - 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QiV9xn0RbI

Did you not hear what he said?  

Try again.