500 kilogram marijuana bust in Nakhon Phanom Province

webfact

Long holiday drug bust

NAKHON PANOM, 15 July 2014, (NNT) - About 500 kilograms of marijuana have been seized in Nakhonpanom Province as offenders took advantage of the long holidays in Thailand smuggling the cannabis from a neighboring country.

Officials yesterday discovered 478 bars of marijuana worth approximately 10 million baht hidden in the forest near the Mekong River in Tah-Utain District, Nakhonpanom, suspecting the weeds had been smuggled in to Thailand by an international smuggling ring.

According to the authorities, police acted on a tip-off about the drugs and, upon arriving at the scene, found the cannabis stashed away in the forest but could not find any culprits. Further investigation will be launched to find the smugglers.

The provincial authorities have vowed to step up the anti-drug measures. According to them, this month is the final period for harvesting marijuana, which tends to lead to more smuggling attempts given the enormous amount of weeds harvested. The officials seized 2 tons of the drugs last month.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-15 footer_n.gif

"international smuggling ring"

A handful of Jungle-Thai-Laos guys bringing over half a ton of weed does not make them an international smuggle ring.

Jeez, legalize it already.

Alcoholics and now potheads...is that what you want? Oh well, not like there is any turning back from the abyss that almost engulfs us all.

• Like 1

A handful of Jungle-Thai-Laos guys bringing over half a ton of weed does not make them an international smuggle ring.

Alcoholics and now potheads...is that what you want? Oh well, not like there is any turning back from the abyss that almost engulfs us all.

Overwhelming evidence (look it up) clearly shows that potheads are preferable to alcoholics. Death statistics alone confirm that. Hang in there sir, you are clearly waiting for the death of us all. It will come, but likely not all at the same time contrary to your implied pessimism. I must say however that the pessimism of most pessimists is generally well founded. I am optimistic about that. Seriously, sir, have a nice day.

• Like 1

And Thai kids hoover up the Shisha in horrendous quantities. It must be ok, it's legal! I heard it is not tobacco then I heard it is tobacco but the herbs neutralize the bad effects. REALLY!!

Better check it out on your iPhone kids.

Sir, I prefer the company of a pothead over a drunken Skinhead, thank you.

• Like 2

Sir, I prefer the company of a pothead over a drunken Skinhead, thank you.

What about a stoned skinhead?