CB 300f

Nebula

Just a heads up. Washed bike yesterday, put some fuel in today and the well around the filler hole was full of water, drain hole obviously blocked, hopefully no water got in tank.

Agree on tyres now. Rear wheel has spun up twice this week accelerating in 2nd.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a youtube clip of a cb300f going full throttle, this guy is either crazy or very brave or perhaps both?

But it also got me thinking, perhaps this bike have enough power for my needs.

The Versys 650 is 323k baht and this little baby is 138k baht (I think), sooo.

when he kill himself ..... crossing my finger that he will be the only one involve

Agreed, I can't understand how they dare riding so fast during the whole clip, the roads they navigate (race) are nowhere safe at those speeds.

And no safety gear either, well helmet and that's it.

Did anyone notice what appeared to be another bike tear past him on the inside when he was at 160kmh. About 6 min 40 secs in.

Looks like a red and white Ninja 300 flies past him at 4:26 while he's stuck at 162kph.

It's more than likely that the speedo is 10% optimistic, like the 250 it replaced, so about 146kph really. After that it climbed, slowly, to the high 160's.

I'd personally spend a little bit more and get a used Ninja 300 for about the same money.

It's not a Ninja300, no way in hell will it be that much faster, there is some talk about Ninja 650 which is believable.

Look at the Thai comments below the clip, sadly my Thai is lacking, perhaps others can chip in.

The cb300f is naked and the ninja300 isn't so why compare them??

I for one is too old for riding small (or big) sports style bikes and prefer a more upright sitting position.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Did anyone notice what appeared to be another bike tear past him on the inside when he was at 160kmh. About 6 min 40 secs in.

Looks like a red and white Ninja 300 flies past him at 4:26 while he's stuck at 162kph.

It's more than likely that the speedo is 10% optimistic, like the 250 it replaced, so about 146kph really. After that it climbed, slowly, to the high 160's.

I'd personally spend a little bit more and get a used Ninja 300 for about the same money.

Can't be another 300, went past too fast for that at 160.

It's not a Ninja300, no way in hell will it be that much faster,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ--2Ti8-Pk

The CB (in the original video) is unfaired, only 286cc and a single cylinder.

The Ninja is fully faired, 296cc and a twin cylinder.

It absolutely splatters the smaller single-cylinder Honda.

Edited by Mohammed Love

There's no way in hell it's a Ninja 300. It's the same bike he passes 4 seconds earlier. Compare the tail lamp and the white helmet.

**edit**

I did a play/pause/play/pause and this is what I observed about the Ninja 300

17.431 to 22.216 seconds for 160-170 or 4.785 seconds

22.216 to 28.887 seconds for 170-180 or 6.671 seconds

28.887 to 44.331 seconds for 180-185 or 15.444 seconds

Even if we assume the bike that passed the CB300F on the inside was only doing +15 km/h more, it would take the Ninja 300 about 11.456 seconds to achieve such a speed. As we can see the brake light activate on the bike right before the CB300F passes it and it then passes the CB300F in approximately 1/2 the time needed to reach a speed where it could pass the CB300F we can safely say that it is in fact not a Ninja 300.

Edited by dave_boo

Looks just like a Ninja 300 to me. Look at the tail and the 3 side vents on the side fairing.

image.png

From the vents, the black piece above the vents, the large black piece below the vents, and the angle of the tail, it is safe to assume that it is this bike.

uI2ooue.jpg

Accept it could be, forgot camera lenses can give the impression of a fast overtake when a wide angle shot proves different.

It looks to be going pretty fast the way it shoots off into the distance and is gone in a few seconds, while the CB300 is climbing from 162 to 165 (indicated)

Haven't watched MotoGP in a while but onboard cams always gave the impression of faster moves than wide angle. Kawasaki 300 still impressive.

Mo, I was talking about later on in the clip. At 6:26 you can see the bike in question applying its brakes.

post-27441-0-94369900-1420897290_thumb.p

11 seconds later the CB300F pulls even.

post-27441-0-25778400-1420897591_thumb.p

4 seconds after that the second bike has accelerated from less than 160 km/h to enough to catch up with the CB300F. You can see its headlight entering the frame here.

post-27441-0-96183600-1420897776_thumb.p

Obviously a Ninja 300 can not accelerate that hard. I am not commenting on the earlier instance of the apparent Ninja 300, because others have pointed out that the perspective can be skewed.

Mo, I was talking about later on in the clip. At 6:26 you can see the bike in question applying its brakes.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-10 at 20.40.01.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-10 at 20.44.56.png

4 seconds after that the second bike has accelerated from less than 160 km/h to enough to catch up with the CB300F. You can see its headlight entering the frame here.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-01-10 at 20.47.48.png

Obviously a Ninja 300 can not accelerate that hard. I am not commenting on the earlier instance of the apparent Ninja 300, because others have pointed out that the perspective can be skewed.

Weren't they pointing out that the apparent speed/acceleration can be skewed? ie, other vehicles can appear to be going much faster than they are. I thought that is what Alan was talking about.

Just looking at a Ninja 300 top speed video on youtube and it accelerates from 162kph-180kph in about 10 seconds. (0:53-1:02 in the linked video)

The CB300 is kind of stuck around 165kph during the undertaking that you're on about. 162-180kph in about 10 seconds looks about right, to the untrained eye.

Of course these bikes are also likely modded.

Edited by Mohammed Love

Weren't they pointing out that the apparent speed/acceleration can be skewed? ie, other vehicles can appear to be going much faster than they are. I thought that is what Alan was talking about.

Just looking at a Ninja 300 top speed video on youtube and it accelerates from 162kph-180kph in about 10 seconds. (0:53-1:02 in the linked video)

The CB300 is kind of stuck around 165kph during the undertaking that you're on about. 162-180kph in about 10 seconds looks about right, to the untrained eye.

We're agreeing with the exception of the time frames. From 06:37 in the clip (where the CB300F pulls even indicating that the other bike is below its speed) to 06:40 (where the other bike is pulling ahead again) is roughly 1/2 the time that the Ninja needs to accelerate to such a rate.

Just looking at a

and it accelerates from 162kph-180kph in about 10 seconds. (0:53-1:02 in the linked video)

Yes. Onboard MotoGP cams are great but if you see same action wide angle it is not as fast. Onboard meters ahead, wide angle not so far. Overtaking speeds similar.

We're agreeing with the exception of the time frames. From 06:37 in the clip (where the CB300F pulls even indicating that the other bike is below its speed) to 06:40 (where the other bike is pulling ahead again) is roughly 1/2 the time that the Ninja needs to accelerate to such a rate.

Perhaps it is the cam angle distorting the visual acceleration, as Alan is saying.

For me, I think this post is evident enough for me anyway.

Checking out their FB page they posted a photo yesterday with the same colour Ninja 300 in it. The video was posted 11 days ago. Anyway, will leave it there, it is a CB 300f thread after all. :D

10420216_788031567934156_575643382450377

Edited by Mohammed Love

Perhaps it is the cam angle distorting the visual acceleration, as Alan is saying.

For me, I think this post is evident enough for me anyway. Will leave it there. :)

Give benefit of doubt to you. Kawasaki are nice bikes, no dealers where I live and too pricey for me. Had a GPZ 900 years ago, fantastic bike.

It's not a Ninja300, no way in hell will it be that much faster, there is some talk about Ninja 650 which is believable.

Look at the Thai comments below the clip, sadly my Thai is lacking, perhaps others can chip in.

The cb300f is naked and the ninja300 isn't so why compare them??

I for one is too old for riding small (or big) sports style bikes and prefer a more upright sitting position.

In the Thai comments they're debating it a bit, some people are saying Ninja 300, some are saying Ninja 650. It's tough to say from the quality of the clip. The 650 has similar vents to the 300 so it could be either one. It's also possible there are two different bikes passing him: First one bike passes him at 4 minutes something, than he catches up to it and passes it at the u-turn, than he passes another bike at 6 something, and then he gets passed again.

Beats me. I'm not too worried about it. I own a CBR300R; We all know the Ninja 300 has more power at the top end than the CBR/CB300F. It also costs 50,000 baht more, so that's something to keep in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Has the price gone up ?

i saw early on in the thread, a price of 126,000 B mentioned.

Went into my local dealers today and they wanted 139,000 B.

Said that i thought they were 126,000 - only to be told "price go up"...

Believe they were on a special introductory price for a while. Mine was 129,000 at the end of last July and seem to remember them saying offer finished in September.