Suggestions For Outstanding Restaurants in Jomtien

soihok

Will be over again in August for a few days with my wife (no kids this time) and I would be grateful if any members could give me some recommendations reagrding good places to eat in and around Jomtien.

Not too concerned about the price, but must be good food and surroundings. Thai, Italian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican. Not too bothered about western food.

Will be staying in Jomtien, so mainly looking for places in that area.

Are there any "good" Japanese Restaurants in Pattaya?

Cheers!!

If you want upmarket then the hotels on Pratumnak hill have nice outside dining, Elements at the Sheraton, Cabbage and Condoms at the Birds and Bees Resort, I can recommend. The Momento off Threppasit is easy to get to and has poolside seating. Plenty of Thai seafood restaurants on the beach in Na Jomtien. There are lots of choices. Best bet for Japanese is Central Festival mall. Also, the Edge restaurant at the Hilton has nice outdoor seating with views.

• Like 1

It is in Pattaya, not Jomtien. Japanese: Mayazaki, 5th floor, Central Festival Mall. They cook (grill) the food in front of you--great beef sirloin strips (imported from New Zealand) and pork strips (also seafood), with a variety of mushrooms and other vegetables. I am getting addicted to the food there, and as an added bonus, it is not expensive (for less than 200 baht you can get a very good meal). I think kids would also like it.

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli
  • Like 1

Moonlight Pattaya is actually in Jomtien but this is a serious restaurant that has limited seating and takes a lot of effort in their ingredients, settings, menu and cooking.

Good luck, I have never seen them open this low season.

A restaurant recommendation from a first-post newbie?

Call me a sad old cynic but I'm guessing it may be:

1969-Spam.png

If you don't know already, Gian's Italian (next to Bruno's) is awesome. Some over the top decor (we're talking Sistine Chapel like murals) and authentic Italian dishes using imported ingredients. Prices reflect the quality ingredients.

Of course there is Bruno's and going in to town is Mata Hari. My friends walk to Gian's from their View Talay condo. Gian's is a favorite for Italian food.
  • Like 2

We like Momento Beach a lot also. Not too far away is Blue Olive, Caddy Shack (fish and chips is pretty good, AC restaurant) and Punch and Judy's (nice AC restaurant). If you go into Pattaya, Hopf has pretty good pizza and the entertainment by the manager is quite good. Gets very crowded on the weekends.

If you go up Soi 5 from Beach road in Pattaya, about 200M or so on your right is a road leading to a hotel. Just down that road, on the left, is a very good Japanese restaurant.

I haven't been for some time, but the brunch at the Hilton use to be a good deal, with great views.

Will you have a car? If so, there are some really nice places south of Jomtien on the beach.

• Like 1

I haven't been for some time, but the brunch at the Hilton use to be a good deal, with great views.

The OP seems to want "foreign" rather than Western food, so Thursday (Asian theme) might be a good day for him to go to the Hilton for lunch. For around 500B with a free view it is hard to beat, I think.

Their Sunday brunch at around 1200B uses more expensive ingredients but is also more Western.

The Royal Cliff on Saturday evening is great if you dont mind spending 1400B. They have a wide selection of dishes including assorted Asian ones and I have never tasted anything there that wasnt good. It is close to Jomtien.

If he particularly likes DimSum both the Dusit and Cape Dara do all-you-can-order lunchtime deals for about 700-800B in their respective Chinese restaurants. Very suitable for small groups (or hungry singles). Not so near Jomtien though.

Edited by KittenKong
  • Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a single Japanese restaurant in the Jomtien area (outside of hotel restaurants).

Why do you think that might be?

Beats me. One would think there is a market of a Japanese restaurant in Jomtien. Strange.

BTW, where's JT? This thread is right up his alley (no pun intended)!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all your sugesstions, the week came and went and we are back home near Korat now.

We didn't get to most of the places suggested but did visit Gians on Threppaya for lunch. We were really impressed and went back again for diner. Great place, excellent staff, outstanding food and the owner was really hospitable. All this while not being overpriced, brilliant.

Will more than likely be at least a year or two before we return (work load in the day job set to increase dramatically due to an imminent return to Singapore).

Cheers !!!

Cafe Des Amis...when we are there we eat here several times a week as the food and service are top notch...

I went to this place recently with the wife on her birthday for what we thought would be a very nice, cozy, private dinner with very nice ambience, we could not have been more wrong. In short, the place is a disgrace.

When we was shown to our table, which are all out the back, I walked into this very bright room, this can't be right I thought, this is meant to be a romantic restaurant with nice ambience (as they advertise on their website) why is the place so bright? Why are the dimmers on full strengh? We was then placed on a table almost sitting on the laps of the people next to us, you can hear everything that people are saying and to avoid eye contact with them you just have to keep looking straightforward, then another couple arrived on the table next to us giving us a feeling of being sandwiched in between 2 other couples, the latter couple arriving also seemed to be a bit put out by the closenesss of the tables, they are basically just lined up in a row, there is no sectioning in there at all. Then there is the noise, we would have had a more quiter private meal in McDonalds. One of the couples next to us (2 gobby farangs) were talking very loudly and roaring with laughter every other word going right down our earholes, then there was a packed table at the other end, well, you could have probably heard them half way up the soi. In short, the place is full of chavs, one guy sitting in there was covered in tatts. Just really not what we was expecting at all. To top it all of there was a cat running around in there, I kid you not. Romantic restaurant??? The place is an absolue joke. The owner knew we were far from happy and asked us if we would like a drink on the house to which I flatly refused. I'm still stunned as I type this as to what an all round very unpleasant experience it was.

On a positive, the food was outstanding and IMO extremely good value, the service is also very good, ableit a little overbearing. Do NOT however go here if you are looking for a romantic/nice meal out with special ambience.

Funny how experiences differ. Not that long ago one of the biggest complaints we had about Cafe Des Amis was the dim insufficient lighting. The dimmers were so low we had to use lights from our smartphones to read the menu. Complained to the owner and he obviously listened as we have had no problems with the lighting recently. Yes, the seating can be a little tight (cozy) but the food and service certainly makes up for these perceived shortcomings.

• Like 1

Funny how experiences differ. Not that long ago one of the biggest complaints we had about Cafe Des Amis was the dim insufficient lighting. The dimmers were so low we had to use lights from our smartphones to read the menu. Complained to the owner and he obviously listened as we have had no problems with the lighting recently. Yes, the seating can be a little tight (cozy) but the food and service certainly makes up for these perceived shortcomings.

There is absolutely nothing cozy about it at all, unless you think being able to listen to the people next to you word for word 'cozy'

As for the lighting, its gone full circle then, it's like a lighthouse in there now. The place has zero ambience.

There is absolutely nothing cozy about it at all, unless you think being able to listen to the people next to you word for word 'cozy'

As for the lighting, its gone full circle then, it's like a lighthouse in there now. The place has zero ambience.

Each to his own, I suggest you don't dine at Au Bon Coin(tight seating) or Mata Hari (even brighter, better lighting) either.
  • Like 2

Each to his own, I suggest you don't dine at Au Bon Coin(tight seating) or Mata Hari (even brighter, better lighting) either.

It would depend on the occassion wouldn't it. If I wanted to go out for a romantic type of evening then know I won't, but if not I'm not fussed. Cafe De Amis market there place as a romantic restaurant with ambiance but it's nothing like that.

But Cafe Des Amis has the best value for money if you want to eat a real gourmet dinner. Best western food I ever had in Thailand. I'm not going there for romance.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1