THAI reroutes Europe flights to avoid Ukraine airspace

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who shot the plane down ? The rebels ? I doubt it. No proof they have the BUK. The Russians ? Why should they ?

The Ukranian army has the BUK. Maybe the plane was downed by an air to air missile. Who knows ?

Take it easy all you Sherlocks.

They say: "Lies have short legs." But they have many. Centipedes.

The truth is the proverbial pin in a hay stack.

• Like 1

I am just wondering since the loss lf flight 370 and now this are people avoiding flying with KL ? Just a thought and I am sure a lot of you are thinking the same >

..do you mean 'with MAS', or to/from KL?

'370 was flying from KL

'17 was flying to KL

Edited by tifino

Who shot the plane down ? The rebels ? I doubt it. No proof they have the BUK. The Russians ? Why should they ?

The Ukranian army has the BUK. Maybe the plane was downed by an air to air missile. Who knows ?

too bad for you the pro russia rebels were cheering until 20 minutes before the news "we shot a plane down we shot a plane down how cool "

all country should do that too.

i hope the black box will give the reason why the malaisian flight went down with so many killed on bord.

coffee1.gif

You serious?

reason why it went down because it got hit by a bloody big SAM with a 70kg warhead

9A317E-Buk-M2E-TELAR-1S.jpg

What id like to know is why the flight got diverted

better late than never, RIP Malaysia Airlines x 2 and their business plans

MAS will always have Petronas to bail them out. without fail for the past god knows how many years. RIP to Malaysian citizen and tax player. the directors and the cronies will still have their big estate and drives their countless maserati models.

RIP to the staff of MAS.

MAS would probably says --- you don't like to fly with MAS, then fly with some other airlines.

It goes on and on.

RIP MH17 -- RIP MH370

All country's need to play ball and whoever is responsible brought to justice! I don't care and the family's don't care about diplomatic relations! Getting sick and tired when things go pear shaped it's always about oil, gas etc!! Bring these <deleted> to justice no matter what the consequences!!

That's a relief, am off to Paris tonight

In preparation of YL's arrival biggrin.png
Sorry nothing to do with YL, why does every thread always have a reference to thaksin you fannys got what you wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Lol. Then why are the rebels denying access to the crash site? Why has the black box been sent to Russia? Just a coincidence that a Ukrainian fighter and a Ukrainian transport (carrying 50) were shot down in this same area (and an additional U. fighter hit) within the previous 72 hrs? There's an interesting recorded conversation between a Ukrainian operator and an alleged Russian "handler" (most saying KGB) floating around, too.

Why? Too easy. Because they THOUGHT they were shooting down another Ukrainian aircraft. Right up until they started counting the bodies. Duh.

Why don't you go tell the families of 298 to take it easy, eh?

Putin's involvement and interference in these escapades have got to be stopped, but nobody has the stomach to do it. This guy IS a thug, and he's very dangerous. The Baltics should be very worried.

Why was this aircraft flying over a war zone?

Malaysia Airlines, through their management incompetence has lost another plane.

They will be liable in a class action , due to their lack of good sense for allowing their assets and their customers to be put at unnecessary risk to save time and money, by flying over/near a war zone .

It is mandatory that this airline is shut down,by the international community, as a warning to all other airlines.It is run by incompetent weak management who bow down to financial pressures rather than customer care. Financial reasons do not outweigh safety of customers. If the price of air fares rise due to longer flights, so be it. Fly safe, arrive alive

I dont care what people say these excuse for human beings should not have shot down that jet they thought it was a military plane my ass are these people brain dead I think someone is trying to start a world war do you think all humans are f*****g stupid World War = Big arms sales shame on all involved in this monstrosity you all worse than animals it would be an insult to the animal kingdom to compare you to them you are the epitome of evil.

Edited by LUSHGOAT

Thai Airways re-routes Europe-bound flights
SUCHAT SRITAMA
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International flights to and from Europe have been re-routed to avoid Ukrainian airspace after Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was apparently shot down.

THAI's decision followed the second major disaster to strike Malaysia Airlines this year. MH17 en route from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur crashed in eastern Ukraine on Thursday, killing all 295 people aboard. Foreign news agencies reported that there were no Thais on board.

Another Malaysia Airlines plane, MH370, mysteriously disappeared in March.

A representative of Thai Airways said it was operating all flights to and from Europe as normal, but many flights had been shifted to safer routes. The airline flies to 13 destinations in 11 Europe countries.

"There are no flight delays or cancellations," the source said.

Ukraine did not declare itself as a war zone, so airlines were able to fly through its airspace.

According to the source, routes can be adjusted day by day because of weather conditions as well as unexpected incidents and advice from air-traffic controllers on the ground. Re-routing may be costly for the airline or may help reduce operating costs due to traffic conditions.

It has been reported that travel agencies around the world have cancelled their bookings with Malaysia Airlines after the tragedy while many tourists have been advised to postpone their trips.

AirAsia Group, the Malaysian operator of low-cost airlines AirAsia and AirAsia X, has decided to postpone a news presentation scheduled to take place in South Korea next week in the wake of the disaster. AirAsia X added Bangkok-Korea and Bangkok-Japan routes to its network last month.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Thai-Airways-re-routes-Europe-bound-flights-30238898.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-19

I am just wondering since the loss lf flight 370 and now this are people avoiding flying with KL ? Just a thought and I am sure a lot of you are thinking the same >

I have 4 flights with MAS booked next month. Hasn't crossed my mind to change airlines.

So many other airlines were flying through that airspace for months, it's just really bad luck for MAS it was their flight that got shot down.

This isn't the first time Russia (or in this case rebels armed by Russia) have shot down a commercial airliner, they did it to a JAL 747 years ago that accidently veered of course and into their air space.

• Like 1

too bad for you the pro russia rebels were cheering until 20 minutes before the news "we shot a plane down we shot a plane down how cool "

Yes that's the evidence,it was submitted by the Ukraine government onto youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdQOnQuTGWg

Those nasty rebels with the help of Russia...oh but wait..

that youtube video was created by the Ukraine government of the conversation between a rebel & Russian a day before the the Malaysia airliner was shot down as shown on it's time stamp. http://www.globalresearch.ca/did-ukraine-fabricate-evidence-to-frame-russia-for-mh17-shoot-down/5391942

Hey what's a couple hundred innocent lives if the game is to blame Russia.

• Like 2

Sounds like a wise move after the horse has bolted.

I assume nobody at Thai Airways has a crystal ball so like every other airline in the world was unable to predict a passenger aircraft getting shot down (allegedly).

Aircraft still fly over Afghanistan despite a couple of hundred surface to air missiles still being unaccounted for since Uncle Sam supplied them to the Mujahadin during the Russian - Afghan war.

Those are hand-held ones - mainly used for shooting down helicopters. They can't reach to the altitude that commercial airlines fly at. Airliners are only at risk from those when they're at low altitude for take-off and landing.

The ones that the separatists in Ukraine had was an old soviet era system using missiles mounted on armoured vehicles with radar guidance with a significantly higher altitude limit. That is the problem here - that the no-fly area was only up to 32000 feet, but the missiles the separatists had could go higher. (I'm assuming the Ukrainian transcripts for intercepted communications are real at this point, as barring tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, it's what makes sense).

I think everyone will concede that the separatists didn't intend to knock down a non-military aircraft. But if it turns out the armoured vehicles (including the missile system) are supplied by Russia (rather than being Ukrainian military equipment that's been captured), the US and EU might be forced into sanctions on Russia.

I have 4 flights with MAS booked next month. Hasn't crossed my mind to change airlines.

So many other airlines were flying through that airspace for months, it's just really bad luck for MAS it was their flight that got shot down.

This isn't the first time Russia (or in this case rebels armed by Russia) have shot down a commercial airliner, they did it to a JAL 747 years ago that accidently veered of course and into their air space.

Some other airlines were using that flight corridor, but the more cautious airlines had stopped flying there months ago.

MAS were maybe unlucky (again), but they do appear to be making a habit of being unlucky, and in a region as superstitious as Asia, that's probably not good for them in the long run.

P.S. The Americans have also accidentally shot down an Iranian airliner back in the mid-80s with 290 killed (which was apparently the act that provoked the Lockerbie bombers).

Turkish Airspace still much better option to fly Thailand from Europe. I don't understand why they pass over Ukraine? Open the Map, you'll see how much it makes sense to use Turkey - Iran - India route.

ISIS doesn't have surface to Air missiles (yet) so Iraqi airspace should be safe aswell.

Muratremix.

I'm guessing your map's a Mercator projection on a flat surface. The Earth's more roundish.smile.png

Then there's winds, congestion slots and overflight charges.

The Airlines make a tough call, and fly regularly over 'hotspots'. Without any firm guidance from ICAO/IATA, MH17 has ended a tragedy. RIP.

• Like 1

That's a relief, am off to Paris tonight

In preparation of YL's arrival biggrin.png
Sorry nothing to do with YL, why does every thread always have a reference to thaksin you fannys got what you wanted.

Great sense of humour Skint, your handle suits really suits you and has Thaksin and fannys got to do with it - and what ever you're smoking you better stop before any permanent damage is done.

Lol what a joker

Before all the facts are in I find it interesting that the western media has already laid the blame on Russia on the Malaysia flight MH17 being hit with a missile & the deaths of 298 innocent people,without producing any real evidence.

The real question first I would ask was why did Malaysia flight MH17 fly this particular route over a "war zone" when so many other airlines didn't.

There's also a report that Malaysia flight MH17 was diverted to this flight path from normal flight paths south of the Donetsk region that cross the zone above the Sea of Azov.

it was only this flight that passed straight overhead Donetsk through restricted airspace.

Aviation authorities knew that this was a dangerous area as Federal Aviation Administration notice the prohibiting of “American pilots, airlines, charter carriers, and everyone else over whom the FAA has direct jurisdiction, from flying over parts of Ukraine” on April 23. http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/07/the-faas-notice-prohibiting-airline-flights-over-ukraine/374622/

Off topic, but the Thai Airways picture shows what looks like an MD11 aircraft that TG hasn't had for many years. The last of them were sold off to another airline to do freight only runs.

Yup, it's an MD11.

Time TG updated their photos, HS-TMD (MSN 48416) now re-registered as N258UP as a freighter (converted 2007) flying with UPS.