Huge amount of rice missing in Phichit

Lite Beer

• Thats a hell of a lot of rice to disappear

No it's not that much. It would only have taken about 47,000 pickup trucks(which trunk to bonnet would stretch from Phichit to somewhere near Songkla) to come and taken it away. Easily missed, perhaps the warehouse manager was having a little siesta?

As has been said many times by the forum neutrals. The rice scheme was designed to win Thaksin an election, and enable him, his clan and his cronies to steal unprecedented amounts of money. That it would be totally ruinous for the farmers it was trumpeted to benefit was known from the first, check back on ThaiVisa to when the scam started and you will see the results were obvious to nearly all TVF members. Anybody that raises an eyebrow to the growing list of evidence of the thieving should be ashamed of themselves. You were warned.

Hmmm, not bad only post #6 and post #13 to have Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin, Yingluk, you make me laugh,

your first port of call should be the head honcho of the storage facility, he is responsible for what go's in and what comes out, end of story, and then do you really think the rice ever existed? AAAHHhhhhhh,,, Thaksin, did it ,Thaksin's guilty, Thaksin paid someone to take the rice, and it's on the moon with Elvis.

Your continuing, seemingly blind, support of thaksin makes me laugh. It's like a teenage girl supporting her "friends", no matter what.

• Like 2

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thats a hell of a lot of rice to disappear

No it's not that much. It would only have taken about 47,000 pickup trucks(which trunk to bonnet would stretch from Phichit to somewhere near Songkla) to come and taken it away. Easily missed, perhaps the warehouse manager was having a little siesta?

As has been said many times by the forum neutrals. The rice scheme was designed to win Thaksin an election, and enable him, his clan and his cronies to steal unprecedented amounts of money. That it would be totally ruinous for the farmers it was trumpeted to benefit was known from the first, check back on ThaiVisa to when the scam started and you will see the results were obvious to nearly all TVF members. Anybody that raises an eyebrow to the growing list of evidence of the thieving should be ashamed of themselves. You were warned.

Hmmm, not bad only post #6 and post #13 to have Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin, Yingluk, you make me laugh,

your first port of call should be the head honcho of the storage facility, he is responsible for what go's in and what comes out, end of story, and then do you really think the rice ever existed? AAAHHhhhhhh,,, Thaksin, did it ,Thaksin's guilty, Thaksin paid someone to take the rice, and it's on the moon with Elvis.Your continuing, seemingly blind, support of thaksin makes me laugh. It's like a teenage girl supporting her "friends", no matter what.

It's not blind support mate, I look at the fact's as they are and go from there, Lostsoul49 prefers facts that are pretty almost... in his own words.

C'mon man ya gotta admit that statement is pretty almost funny.

I'm sure Mr.T is guilty of plenty, just not everything, and plz don't tell me there's no political motivation there cause there's loads, on both sides mate,

No where have I claimed "blind support of Thaksin" "no matter what" I'm saying to others that claim he has stolen millions / Billions then PROVE IT...

I'm saying to those claiming Yingluk is directly INVOLVED with the corruption of the missing rice, PROVE IT... that's all, ahhh the burden of proof huh.

Bugga well pretty almost, hehehehehe

Hm. No kidding. Unregulated warehouses with phony records and missing rice? Thainess swoons and all observers are shocked to their cores. The first discrepancy of 91,000 sacks of rice (at 100 kilos per sack, or 9.1 tonnes) led to the arrest of an Army private and sergeant.

I wonder who this will rope in? There is no regulation in this country -- everyone has sticky fingers and the hands getting slapped are very selective. To prove my point--

Elsewhere, a leaked memo (now illegal since Friday's proclamation banning leaked print, voice or video) concerning reporters at several broadcast stations and newspapers revealed the really big CP company had paid the reporters for favorable commentary. Immediately, an investigative panel was put together -- of the executives of the accused companies. They admitted that money had changed hands, but...it wasn't a bribe. The companies concerned said "We just gave them the money".

All this shows that Thaksin, contrary to popular buffoon's religious beliefs, did not invent Thainess. He just took it two steps further, and undoubtedly one step too far. Read the newspapers. TVF has no interest in publishing all stories for very practical reasons.

Hm. No kidding. Unregulated warehouses with phony records and missing rice? Thainess swoons and all observers are shocked to their cores. The first discrepancy of 91,000 sacks of rice (at 100 kilos per sack, or 9.1 tonnes) led to the arrest of an Army private and sergeant.

I wonder who this will rope in? There is no regulation in this country -- everyone has sticky fingers and the hands getting slapped are very selective. To prove my point--

Elsewhere, a leaked memo (now illegal since Friday's proclamation banning leaked print, voice or video) concerning reporters at several broadcast stations and newspapers revealed the really big CP company had paid the reporters for favorable commentary. Immediately, an investigative panel was put together -- of the executives of the accused companies. They admitted that money had changed hands, but...it wasn't a bribe. The companies concerned said "We just gave them the money".

All this shows that Thaksin, contrary to popular buffoon's religious beliefs, did not invent Thainess. He just took it two steps further, and undoubtedly one step too far. Read the newspapers. TVF has no interest in publishing all stories for very practical reasons.

No doubt. Thaksin just exploited what has been in existence for decades, but he did it from the centre of govt. CP apparently does it from the wings whilst keeping their political puppet up front as a front.

No doubt. Thaksin just exploited what has been in existence for decades, but he did it from the centre of govt. CP apparently does it from the wings whilst keeping their political puppet up front as a front.

This is confusing. Who is CP's political puppet? Anusorn Amornchat, Yingluck's supposed husband is an "executive" at CP group. Does that automatically make Yingluck a puppet of CP?

More Thai missing rice and the Shinawatras aren't around to take the blame.

Isn't that the whole idea? Flee the scene?

The Rice Pledging was Thaksin's idea and Yingluck was his clone in charge. They could all be on the moon, but fact is they were responsible.

Are you sure it was Thaksin's idea?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

This is confusing. Who is CP's political puppet? Anusorn Amornchat, Yingluck's supposed husband is an "executive" at CP group. Does that automatically make Yingluck a puppet of CP?

Go an read their connection to the other side too. They loved Thaksin for a while, and they deal with who they have to.

That said, I believe their political friendships are pretty easy for anyone to view. Who's daddy is on the board?

AAAHHhhhhhh,,, Thaksin, did it ,Thaksin's guilty, Thaksin paid someone to take the rice, and it's on the moon with Elvis.

Hmmmm, not bad, only posts #16, #29, and #34 have the Thaksin/Yingluck defenders making deflecting posts.

The apologist herd is thinning out.

And only the real pathetic one's stick around.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Still hiding behind the junta's skirts and calling it a righteous curtain, I see.

People sometimes read all the news, not just the parts they like. Scary to FIFA style politics, I know, but get over it. There are no teams. You do not even qualify to lose.

Some people can reach completely different conclusions than yourself, and still be functional and successful effective human beings. Every post I have seen that was labeled red-shirt apologist ear medicine guzzling sand jockey caddy shack red tinted spectacle wearing shopping spree neurotics...usually just raised a point you and your motley crew didn't like, simply because it made your assumptions as hilariously evident as they really are. Thai politics is dirty on every side, and Thai corruption is wetter than water.

Thaksin is a symptom, and a bad one, but 18 coups and the Democrats failure to win elections for for more than a decade is not easily dismissed. Actually, it can't be dismissed at all.

Get off your high horses...or maybe it isn't the horses that are high.

Something might be rotten in Denmark, but something is very rotten in Bangkok.

You seriously think its likely that Yingluck saw a report showing a volume of stolen rice?

You have no idea how corruption works in Thailand? Her defence is going to be, "I know nothing", so first of all someone is gojng to have to prove that she knew about theft.

The fact she should know, is irrelevant if no one ever told her.

SO, you think Ms. Yingluck's legal team will do it's best to show Ms. Yingluck knew nothing? Wouldn't that just emphasize the charge of 'negligence' ?

• Like 1

You seriously think its likely that Yingluck saw a report showing a volume of stolen rice?

You have no idea how corruption works in Thailand? Her defence is going to be, "I know nothing", so first of all someone is gojng to have to prove that she knew about theft.

SO, you think Ms. Yingluck's legal team will do it's best to show Ms. Yingluck knew nothing? Wouldn't that just emphasize the charge of 'negligence' ?

Not if everyone was lying. Believe me, I worked in a company where we uncovered a fraud.

We supposed that the top level had to kniw to facilitate it, but proving it was impossible. The lower level guys got thrown under a bus and kept quiet. They didn't shop those up the chain.

Still hiding behind the junta's skirts and calling it a righteous curtain, I see.

People sometimes read all the news, not just the parts they like. Scary to FIFA style politics, I know, but get over it. There are no teams. You do not even qualify to lose.

Some people can reach completely different conclusions than yourself, and still be functional and successful effective human beings. Every post I have seen that was labeled red-shirt apologist ear medicine guzzling sand jockey caddy shack red tinted spectacle wearing shopping spree neurotics...usually just raised a point you and your motley crew didn't like, simply because it made your assumptions as hilariously evident as they really are. Thai politics is dirty on every side, and Thai corruption is wetter than water.

Thaksin is a symptom, and a bad one, but 18 coups and the Democrats failure to win elections for for more than a decade is not easily dismissed. Actually, it can't be dismissed at all.

Get off your high horses...or maybe it isn't the horses that are high.

Something might be rotten in Denmark, but something is very rotten in Bangkok.

The very rotten part seems the rice deteriorating in warehouses.

PS your ideas on 'winning elections' don't seem real democratic. Even when a party 'only' receives 25% or 35% of votes they are clearly winning (seats) and may even join a coalition. The Yingluck coalition government even had a one-seat political party included wink.png

• Like 1

Not if everyone was lying. Believe me, I worked in a company where we uncovered a fraud.

We supposed that the top level had to kniw to facilitate it, but proving it was impossible. The lower level guys got thrown under a bus and kept quiet. They didn't shop those up the chain.

You don't make sense with your last reply.

If the court accepts the value of the defense 'proof' of 'not knowing', Ms. Yingluck was negligent. If the court rejects the 'proof' as lies (with clear statements as to why) Ms. Yingluck defense team will open itself and their client to further criminal charges. IMHO.

Negligence. This they may well be able to get her.

But expect a fight. If she starts producing bits of paper that she was given showing there wasn't any stuff being stolen, then what?

You think that she got paid herself for being involved in this mess? If this system was bent, it was being used to pay of local rice people, honchos with warehouses, and local govt.

I doubt the money found its way from the provinces to Bangkok. I somehow doubt they will prove she enriched herself.

So , let's stop with the "we all know" nonsense, because patently we don't know much more than can be read in the Nation or Bangkok post.

Hardly bastions of independent reporting.

"I doubt the money found its way from the provinces to Bangkok."

This is a somewhat dubious claim. It is well known that the Shinawatras are one of the countries biggest owners of rice growing land. They must have had some economists on the payroll to tell them that whacking up the price of rice multifold would directly and rapidly cause rice growing land rents to increase by a similar amount. I call this a clear case of conflict of interest. May as well add that to the charge of negligence.

Perhaps more damning is Thaksin's brag a few years ago that he was assisting his new Arab mates to buy up huge tracts of rice growing land in Thailand. Round the same time as he was borrowing heavily after his first foray into investing in the open market where he had no monopoly or chance of nepotism nearly bankrupted him(IIRC didnt he claim to have shorted crude just before it tripled in value). A well thought out plan to reward the rich overseas at the cost of the poor in Thailand does not sound like the guy was a real "Champion of the poor".

If the court accepts the value of the defense 'proof' of 'not knowing', Ms. Yingluck was negligent. If the court rejects the 'proof' as lies (with clear statements as to why) Ms. Yingluck defense team will open itself and their client to further criminal charges. IMHO.

She will be claim " not being told". If you aren't told what can u do? Then it becomes a matter of analysing minutes from meetings. If she was smart , there won't be one report or proof of discussion of any missing rice, and she will show that her underlings told her fibs.

Negligence. This they may well be able to get her.

But expect a fight. If she starts producing bits of paper that she was given showing there wasn't any stuff being stolen, then what?

You think that she got paid herself for being involved in this mess? If this system was bent, it was being used to pay of local rice people, honchos with warehouses, and local govt.

I doubt the money found its way from the provinces to Bangkok. I somehow doubt they will prove she enriched herself.

So , let's stop with the "we all know" nonsense, because patently we don't know much more than can be read in the Nation or Bangkok post.

Hardly bastions of independent reporting.

"I doubt the money found its way from the provinces to Bangkok."

This is a somewhat dubious claim. It is well known that the Shinawatras are one of the countries biggest owners of rice growing land. They must have had some economists on the payroll to tell them that whacking up the price of rice multifold would directly and rapidly cause rice growing land rents to increase by a similar amount. I call this a clear case of conflict of interest. May as well add that to the charge of negligence.

Perhaps more damning is Thaksin's brag a few years ago that he was assisting his new Arab mates to buy up huge tracts of rice growing land in Thailand. Round the same time as he was borrowing heavily after his first foray into investing in the open market where he had no monopoly or chance of nepotism nearly bankrupted him(IIRC didnt he claim to have shorted crude just before it tripled in value). A well thought out plan to reward the rich overseas at the cost of the poor in Thailand does not sound like the guy was a real "Champion of the poor".

None of which implicates Yingluck in anything what so ever.

She will be claim " not being told". If you aren't told what can u do? Then it becomes a matter of analysing minutes from meetings. If she was smart , there won't be one report or proof of discussion of any missing rice, and she will show that her underlings told her fibs.

Ah, but Ms. Yingluck has already gone on record about mid-2013 saying to have taken care of the warnings and advise of the NACC about possible corruption and huge losses. Now saying "I wasn't told" she would be lying, or simply creating the image of a woman being in way over her head and not understanding that. The last would make it a case of faking intelligence while claiming innocence. Maybe just stick with the 'negligence' part ?

Ah, but Ms. Yingluck has already gone on record about mid-2013 saying to have taken care of the warnings and advise of the NACC about possible corruption and huge losses. Now saying "I wasn't told" she would be lying, or simply creating the image of a woman being in way over her head and not understanding that. The last would make it a case of faking intelligence while claiming innocence. Maybe just stick with the 'negligence' part ?

Well, if you take their advice, appoint someone to check for corruption and they report there isn't any, in a thai position,what is one to do?

It is absurd, but I am sure this will be her defence. They all lied to me, I am not a rice expert. Bla bla bla.

Just watch the cases. By the end it will be very minor negligence with only a ban from politics and the threat of a criminal case. She will be long gone anyway. She won't want the threat of even one day in jail.

Then their marketing dept will push the line that she ran because she wouldn't get a fair trial. And ground hog day starts again.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Well, if you take their advice, appoint someone to check for corruption and they report there isn't any, in a thai position,what is one to do?

It is absurd, but I am sure this will be her defence. They all lied to me, I am not a rice expert. Bla bla bla.

Just watch the cases. By the end it will be very minor negligence with only a ban from politics and the threat of a criminal case. She will be long gone anyway. She won't want the threat of even one day in jail.

Then their marketing dept will push the line that she ran because she wouldn't get a fair trial. And ground hog day starts again.

Fascinating discussion. Somehow I get the impression that all your replies seem to indicate a profound lack of belief in Ms. Yingluck's innocence. Amazing really blink.png

Fascinating discussion. Somehow I get the impression that all your replies seem to indicate a profound lack of belief in Ms. Yingluck's innocence. Amazing really blink.png

I have never said she's innocent or guilty, which is actually irrelevant. Its more to do with what they can prove and how hard it is to prove.

This whole damage to the country baloney is so broad, its nonsense.

Just imagine if she had made 1 USD per tonne. 70mn USD. Do you think she needs 70 mn USD for all the risk when her brother had 2 or 3 billion.

How the hell would they pass her 70mn USD and not get found in the banking system?

Edited by Thai at Heart

1. Thats a hell of a lot of rice to disappear

your first port of call should be the head honcho of the storage facility, he is responsible for what go's in and what comes out, end of story, and then do you really think the rice ever existed? AAAHHhhhhhh,,, Thaksin, did it ,Thaksin's guilty, Thaksin paid someone to take the rice, and it's on the moon with Elvis.

Please try to stay on topic. This thread is about missing rice and you managed to drop Thaksin's name six times in your comment.

But now that you mention it...................................................................biggrin.png

• Like 1

I have never said she's innocent or guilty, which is actually irrelevant. Its more to do with what they can prove and how hard it is to prove.

Just imagine if she had made 1 USD per tonne. 70mn USD. Do you think she needs 70 mn USD for all the risk when her brother had 2 or 3 billion.

How the hell would they pass her 70mn USD and not get found in the banking system?

Just for a moment imagine that Ms. Yingluck will be charged with 'negligence'. That has nothing to do with whether or not she took money herself and I for one would be really surprised if she did.

As for the baloney, well BAAC seems to have paid out on reception of proper government issued receipts close to 1,000,000,000. A payout guaranteed by the Yingluck Administration. It would seem that at least 500 billion, probably 700++ billion and maybe even more cannot be properly accounted for, even with the seemingly proper government issued receipts. Also this 'revolving' funds has not seen much in repayments, interest payments, handling cost payments.

All seem to point at a scam started as 'delayed' vote buying election promise, followed by a total lack of proper supervision and with poor farmers still poor even broken promises. Plus the money lost of course.

Negligent, criminally negligent I would even say.

Just for a moment imagine that Ms. Yingluck will be charged with 'negligence'. That has nothing to do with whether or not she took money herself and I for one would be really surprised if she did.

As for the baloney, well BAAC seems to have paid out on reception of proper government issued receipts close to 1,000,000,000. A payout guaranteed by the Yingluck Administration. It would seem that at least 500 billion, probably 700++ billion and maybe even more cannot be properly accounted for, even with the seemingly proper government issued receipts. Also this 'revolving' funds has not seen much in repayments, interest payments, handling cost payments.

All seem to point at a scam started as 'delayed' vote buying election promise, followed by a total lack of proper supervision and with poor farmers still poor even broken promises. Plus the money lost of course.

Negligent, criminally negligent I would even say.

That is my personal opinion as well.

What I expect will be discussed in court is:

Was corruption taking place? Things like missing rice, etc.

If corruption took place, did she know about it? Things like being PM, Chairperson of the Rice Committee, etc.

If she knew about corruption taking place, but did nothing, was it because she didn't have the ability to know what to do?

If she knew about corruption taking place and knew how to stop it, did she deliberately look the other way?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

The Rice Pledging was Thaksin's idea and Yingluck was his clone in charge. They could all be on the moon, but fact is they were responsible.

Would that logic extend to Ahbisit and Suterp decision to send in the troops and they will be responsible for the fatalities?

Would that logic extend to Ahbisit and Suterp decision to send in the troops and they will be responsible for the fatalities?

Possibly.