Thousands march for Gaza in London, clashes in Paris over Israeli onslaught

Lite Beer

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a war. A war on terror in a urban area, not in the desert. Sadly, innocents die in wars and the images are always far too graphic, even when there is no genocide, no slaughter, no massacre and no ethnic cleansing. In all these legal terms, there must be intent to kill. Do you suggest the IDF intends to kill and deliberately targets civilians?

This issue has been raised on numerous ocassions. IDF are fully aware that by attacking missile sites, arms storage etc etc civilians will die (intent). That's a tactical war fighting decision, it is what it is, why try and spin by using the highlighted words; just sophistry.

Edited by simple1

London leads the way in a worldwide expression of anger.

http://yournewswire.com/israel-gaza-conflict-150000-protest-in-london/

UK immigration policy has not just been a failure it's been a disaster. Now craven and misguided UK politicians are coerced into standing on the side of terrorists who will sure as day turn on the appeasers in due course. Where are the marches against Russia, or the genocide of Christians by ISIS I wonder. How many of the marchers even care that Hamas walked away from talks and how many want to see Israel wiped off the map?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 2

London, is that the place where we hear people complain endlessly about the number of immigrants in the country.   It seems that suddenly those maligned people are right, is that what your saying?

No! Not at all, it's the place where UKIP failed badly, a truly multicultural city.

UK immigration policy has not just been a failure it's been a disaster. Now craven and misguided UK politicians are coerced into standing on the side of terrorists who will sure as day turn on the appeasers in due course. Where are the marches against Russia, or the genocide of Christians by ISIS I wonder. How many of the marchers even care that Hamas walked away from talks and how many want to see Israel wiped off the map?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"Where are the marches against Russia"

For what?

For all those that slavishly support Israel's actions in Gaza, the world is against you.

The "whole world"? The same old, neo-Nazis, radical Islamists and far-left, professional protesters anyway. laugh.png

Oh Please! You're getting hysterical now.

Ya know Johpa, I don't really care about your hidden expletives at the end of your post nor your rhetoric.  Pol Pot, the Tutsis etc did not have missiles and bomb delivery systems accurate to within 1 meter, and if they did they would have used them. If you are differentiating the term slaughter by the use of a knife, gun or bomb then I feel sorry for you. The term slaughter is applied to someone using lethal force against people (or animals) unable to defend themselves. Whether lined up in the street and shot, or a terrified innocent family huddled together in a house that is bombed, they all end up in pieces.

'It is slaughter, h_ll it is even a massacre. If you want to debate about the term slaughter then you dont seem to have a grip on priorities or reality. The women and children in Gaza are being slaughtered. There are plenty of images of the aftermath far too graphic to put on this forum, so go and find your own. ISIS are currently slaughtering Christians with knives, is that more to your liking for a slaughter. The fact is both sets of victims are innocent and defenceless, the result is the same and the numerical tally is even more in Gaza. So you and the normal crew who 'liked' your post go and ponder on that for a while, it is yet another insight into the minds of the pro-Israeli's on here. If it is not slaughter then what is it? Massacre, ethnic cleansing, Genocide or would it ease your conscience to call it collateral damage - I bet it would.

So let me get this correct then. Hamas shoots missiles into civilian populations with the intent to cause death and destruction of that civilian population but since the Hamas missiles either miss or are intercepted that makes it somehow tolerable.  But when Israel returns fire aimed not at the civilians but at the source of those missiles and people adjacent to those missile launch sites die then that is deplorable and the result is a slaughter.   I find your logic befuddling.  As I keep saying, I find both sides are in the wrong and if you pick one side over the other then you are wrong too. Hamas is as guilty for the deaths of the innocents as are the Israelis. And given the absurdity of your conditional sentence then yes, debate is pointless.

• Like 2

Johpa said: "As I keep saying, I find both sides are in the wrong and if you pick one side over the other then you are wrong too".

Both sides may be wrong - but there are also degrees of moral turpitude along the dimension of "wrongness". The side that has the greatest amount of military might also has the greatest amount of responsibility to avoid war, and in  the event of war, to avoid the deaths of innocent women and children. Israel is obviously doing a very poor job at both tasks. This is why so many people - myself included - may believe that both sides are "wrong" - but believe that Israel is the major transgressor of civilised behaviour, and is culpable for the deaths of hundreds of innocent women and children.

Edited by CBR250
  • Like 1

Au contraire. The side that started the violence in the first place, refused the UN deal for their own country, declared war on Israel, elected a terrorist group to represent them and have refused numerous peace deals over many decades are the "major transgressors", by far.

The Palestinians don't get extra points for making all the wrong choices and being obstinate about not learning form their mistakes. . 

Edited by Ulysses G.

Au contraire. The side that started the violence in the first place, refused the UN deal for their own country, declared war on Israel, elected a terrorist group the represent them and have refused numerous peace deals over many decades are the "major transgressors", by far.
The Palestinians don't get extra points for making all the wrong choices and being obstinate about not learning form their mistakes. . 

Not really a peace speach...but I hope you just represent a minority in Israel.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Go back and read this thread from the beginning. There are lots of articles, photos and video evidence on what kind scum show up for those anti-Semitic protests. However, there is a major difference between anti-Israel protests in Europe and the U.S.

“When it comes to Europe, I think the overwhelming factor is raw native deep-seated anti-Semitism,” he told Fox News on Tuesday. For a long time, the anti-Semites of Europe discovered that by using the “veneer of anti-Zionism,” they could get away with it, he said.

What a load of rubbish. Do you really believe that all Europeans who protest are imbued with "deep-seated anti-Semitism"?

Try to look at the bigger picture, Mr Ulysses. 

• Like 1

You look at the "big picture". No one said that ALL Europeans who protest are imbued with "deep-seated anti-Semitism", but the evidence suggests  that a heck of a lot of them are.

Across Europe, the conflict in Gaza is generating a broader backlash against Jews, as threats, hate speech and even violent attacks proliferate in several countries.

Most surprising perhaps, a wave of incidents has washed over Germany, where atonement for the Holocaust and other Nazi crimes is a bedrock of the modern society.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/02/world/europe/anger-in-europe-over-the-israeli-gaza-conflict-reverberates-as-anti-semitism.html?_r=0

e7d41__ANTISEMITISM-master675.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

In a world where presumably the ideal goal in the long-run is to reduce anti-Semitism and intolerance towards Jews, I can't possibly see how removing the right to vent one's anger and frustration on the street over the killing of innocent women and children can possibly help achieve this scenario? Surely it will be counter-productive?

You mean like this? This is productive you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4VyEhUaIys

To me that looks like a bunch of idiots acting like idiots on both sides.

There should have been police there to control.

And how do we know the protest was Israeli?? To me it looks like a lot more Palestinians there, so it could actually be Israelis disrupting the protest.

Let's face it, most of the street protests have been Palestinian lately, true?

In a world where presumably the ideal goal in the long-run is to reduce anti-Semitism and intolerance towards Jews, I can't possibly see how removing the right to vent one's anger and frustration on the street over the killing of innocent women and children can possibly help achieve this scenario? Surely it will be counter-productive?

And how do we know the protest was Israeli?? To me it looks like a lot more Palestinians there, so it could actually be Israelis disrupting the protest.

Google it. The Jewish protesters were the ones who were attacked.
Another peaceful pro-Israel protest in Canada and more thugs attack them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvZoUh3ibQ#t=296

Edited by Ulysses G.

Google it. The Jewish protesters were the ones who were attacked.
Another peaceful pro-Israel protest in Canada and more thugs attack them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvZoUh3ibQ#t=296

How biased is this media report?? I'd say out of ten, ten being most biased, it's an 11.

The majority of Israelis support the current attack on Gaza.

Maybe they are sick and tired of thousands of Palestinian rockets disrupting their daily lives. Who would not support stopping that terrorism?

There were less than one per week rockets falling harmlessly in the 6 weeks prior to 12 June Israel launching its present carnage. A pity Netanyahu didn't take advantage of that lull to negotiate an indefinite truce that Hamas had in the past offered. But he preferred to provoke a vote winning invasion and sacrifice 67 Israeli lives instead.

I think Netanyahu has miscalculated.

• Like 1

More anti-semitic rallies. More black ISIS flags.

Video has emerged showing a chilling rally in Holland, during which dozens of young Muslims flew the black flag of the "Islamic State" group (formerly ISIS) and chanted "Death to the Jews!" in Arabic (maut al Yahud!)

The demonstration appears to be the same incident following which two Arab men were arrested on July 31, on suspicion of "inciting violence against people of a specific belief or race".

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183771#.U-cLTOW7ffI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o443KJiBTU#t=54

Edited by Ulysses G.

Go back and read this thread from the beginning. There are lots of articles, photos and video evidence on what kind scum show up for those anti-Semitic protests. However, there is a major difference between anti-Israel protests in Europe and the U.S.

“When it comes to Europe, I think the overwhelming factor is raw native deep-seated anti-Semitism,” he told Fox News on Tuesday. For a long time, the anti-Semites of Europe discovered that by using the “veneer of anti-Zionism,” they could get away with it, he said.

“Now, the veneer and cover are gone,” Krauthammer said. Signs used by European protests saying “Hitler was right” and chants about gassing Jews makes anti-Israel protests into “raw anti-Semitism finding a semi-respectable outlet,” he said.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/384680/krauthammer-european-opponents-israel-are-anti-semitic-american-ones-are-just-ignorant

Yes, the increase in OPEN and SHAMELESS global antisemitism (against Jews) is dramatic, scary, and wrong. The most disturbing part is that more average people (not just the obvious Nazis and radical Islamists) seem to be saying Jews "deserve" and should "expect" this hatred "because" of what's happening in Israel. I think some "liberal" Jews are playing a sickening and cowardly game. They might march with placards saying "Not in Our Name" about Israeli policies and I think their implicit message is -- yes it is OK to hate on all the Jews in the world that feel supportive of Israel ... but don't hate on us who are not, see we are not, look at our signs. Don't they see what message that gives about how it is justified to hate on the MAJORITY of Jews in the world who feel support to the one nation state in the world of the Jewish people, Israel? Do they really think real haters care about their "progressive" politics when push comes to shove? No, of course Jews have every right to express their politics like anyone else, but these are strange times, these protest rallies are being used to express messages that are not only anti-Israeli policies but also markedly suggestive of riling up Jew hating in various ways ... such as the "child murders" meme. Yes in the face of the reality of the current poisonous hatred of this time in history, yes, I am questioning the wisdom (not the right) of any Jews being involved in these kinds of rallies ... not sure about it, but I am questioning it. 

The blood libel / "child murderer" emphasis thing Krauthammer mentions is for real, from Islam and European Christians.

COMMENT: British Jews labelled ‘child murderers' as sick anti-Semitism spreads across UK JULY 2014 now joins January 2009 as a month when war between Israel and Hamas caused anti-Semitism to spew forth across Britain.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/496333/British-Jews-labelled-child-murderers-as-anti-Semitism-spreads-across-UK

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2