Vigo, Which one to buy ?

2.5 VN Turbo........... plenty of Power and 1000+ KM to a Tankw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Highway?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1000 + km to a tank, is that an oil tanker ? w00t.gif .

if what you say is true, it sound very interesting.thumbsup.gif

2.5 VN Turbo........... plenty of Power and 1000+ KM to a Tankw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Highway?

Well my tank is 80 litres x 16 or 17 km per litre highway light foot is doable... No where near that in Bangkok traffic.. About half I imagine.

Highway?

Well my tank is 80 litres x 16 or 17 km per litre highway light foot is doable... No where near that in Bangkok traffic.. About half I imagine.

I've got nearly 90,000km on my 6 year old Vigo. Average kpl is 13.96kpl, a even mix of highway and city (Udon). My contribution to global warming; if I see a red light a km ahead, I'm coasting in. Other than that, I drive normal normal.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Burning oil (piston rings) is blue, and valve stem oil seal wear tends to manifest itself at partial or closed throttle. Black smoke is partial burn caused by overfuelling, which is usually down to the chip. Overfuelling a diesel is safe as it brings down combustion chamber temperatures, but it isn't great for fuel economy, the environment or the people behind you!

Basically chip tuning is an approximation at best and the way to get a good map is to have a custom map written by somebody with access to a rolling road.

This is true,

That's why i will buy a German made chip specifically for the 2.5 or 3.0.

They retail around the 250-300 euro mark

Care to share the name of the german made chip? I'm interested now, since you all started talking about chipping. :D

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Burning oil (piston rings) is blue, and valve stem oil seal wear tends to manifest itself at partial or closed throttle. Black smoke is partial burn caused by overfuelling, which is usually down to the chip. Overfuelling a diesel is safe as it brings down combustion chamber temperatures, but it isn't great for fuel economy, the environment or the people behind you!

Basically chip tuning is an approximation at best and the way to get a good map is to have a custom map written by somebody with access to a rolling road.

This is true,

Care to share the name of the german made chip? I'm interested now, since you all started talking about chipping. biggrin.png

Look at my topic "Cheap Diesel Performance". smile.png

• Like 1

Go with the 2.5 VN and buy a Racechip pro. € 229,00 188 hp / 427 nm.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/toyota/hilux/hilux-7/2-5-d-4d-106kw/index.php

This is true,

Care to share the name of the german made chip? I'm interested now, since you all started talking about chipping. biggrin.png

Go with the 2.5 VN and buy a Racechip pro. € 229,00 188 hp / 427 nm.

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/toyota/hilux/hilux-7/2-5-d-4d-106kw/index.php

This is true,

That suggestion only brings the 2.5 a tad in HP over the 3.0, seems a waste of time to me..

This is true,

there are a ew company's offering these chips, cheap and easy to install.

here is a couple, there are many more company,s...just google it

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/toyota/hilux/hilux-6/3-0-d-4d-120kw/index.php

http://www.tuningbox.com/en/tbv/diesel-cars/toyota/hilux/3-0-d-4d-piezo-174.htm

This is true,

Look at my topic "Cheap Diesel Performance". smile.png

Hey transam, i didnt realise you had done this topic.

anyway, the 3.0 is looking good, with the gains for the money its a no brainer

If you want more power you must start with the 3.0............smile.png

Or another brand lol

Indeed. 450hp/800 nm is easily achievable from the Colorado.

You selected the 174 HP (Euro 5 version) on the Tuningbox website which is not available here. Hilux 3.0 2010-2012 is 163 HP / 343 nm.

http://www.tuningbox.com/en/tbv/diesel-cars/toyota/hilux/3-0-d-4d--denso-163.htm

http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/toyota/hilux/hilux-6/3-0-d-4d-120kw/index.php

211 HP for the 3.0 or 188 HP for the 2.5 won't make much of a difference. Torque is the same and that's what counts.

That suggestion only brings the 2.5 a tad in HP over the 3.0, seems a waste of time to me..

Haven't looked but where do the high TQ numbers start on the 2.5, the RPM range that we use.

For sure a chipped 3.0 will trounce a chipped 2.5 via my cheap chip route.

You selected the 174 HP (Euro 5 version) on the Tuningbox website which is not available here. Hilux 3.0 2010-2012 is 163 HP / 343 nm.

http://www.tuningbox.com/en/tbv/diesel-cars/toyota/hilux/3-0-d-4d--denso-163.htm

Im new to the vigo and certenly would not order my chip before

i got the book and spec's.

many thank's for pointing me in the right direction smile.png

OP remember, the cheap chip route ONLY increases fuel pressure at a given RPM setting, thats it. Sure you can spend bundles on fancy stuff but for sure you could encounter problems.

what chip did you install ?

are you happy with your gains ?

how much did it cost, german made ?

The basic Racechip from Germany. I do not want a dragster or rally car, I want my truck to take off when needed, it does that. thumbsup.gif ....They advertise 204 HP and over 400 ft/lb TQ with the basic chip which is fine by me as I do not want to over stress the engine. smile.png .

• Like 1

The basic Racechip from Germany. I do not want a dragster or rally car, I want my truck to take off when needed, it does that. thumbsup.gif ....They advertise 204 HP and over 400 ft/lb TQ with the basic chip which is fine by me as I do not want to over stress the engine. smile.png .

that's just what im after, a little more power to get me out of tight spots.thumbsup.gif

that's just what im after, a little more power to get me out of tight spots.thumbsup.gif

All the info is on my other thread but to simplify stuff, my ride takes off (chip power) at around 1800 rpm when booted. Remember you have max engine torque with the 3.0 at 1400rpm up, so power is in the "useful" rpm range. At cruise speed the rpm is well under 1800rpm so all is well. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

All the info is on my other thread but to simplify stuff, my ride takes off (chip power) at around 1800 rpm when booted. Remember you have max engine torque with the 3.0 at 1400rpm up, so power is in the "useful" rpm range. At cruise speed the rpm is well under 1800rpm so all is well. thumbsup.gif

Mine is now in the UK .. Son ordered it for me and got it sent to my friend who is visiting his homeland ... It will be here within two weeks. I'll sneak it on my 4*4 V-Cross and see if my wife notices any difference .. she did when the EGR was blanked.

• Like 1

transam,

For the chip, besides increasing power/torque/mileage, just in general, would it cause significant harm or decrease the life of the engine?

Because at this point, I am very interested in purchasing the chip. Before I receive your answer, my perspective is that, the engine comes as it is, however it isn't configured to what we like to call the optimum efficiency point, some variables can be raised and so on and adjusted. So we have an engine capable of 100%, but it's configured by factory at 70%. And this chip would make it 80-90%?

I'm like you, I don't need a race car, but would appreciate the upgrade in power/torque/fuel mileage. However I won't chip it, if it comes at a sacrifice to the integrity of my car parts. Like I wouldn't want to get more power by running the engine 110% and overheating the part. Of course, I won't be hammering the accelerator, just normal driving, but would love a better boost when going uphill and overtaking when needed.

My other cars are okay, but one of them Mitsubishi lancer 1.8 is horrible. Like a farting engine. I've already got the k&n drop in air filter. Does nothing except improve fuel mileage by 1-2km/l. Mid power lost though.

I checked the website, and the lancer numbers don't really match mine in terms of power/torque. Could I still buy it and fit it? The year is 2012 or 2013. 1.8 petrol DI

Hi Charlie,

I have a 2011 Toyota Vigo 4 door, 3.0L Diesel Turbo, only 70,000 kms, Toyota Serviced every 10,000 kms, owned from new, and now for sale.

Have listed it on the ThaiVisa Classifieds and also BahtSold.

Excellent condition, all extras, and carefully maintained. Never used commercially.

Bargain at THB475,000.

Registration, License and First Class Insurance current. Runs like new.

Here is a pic of it:

post-180225-0-59896500-1406186190_thumb.

PM me if interested further.

Hope this doesn't break the rules posting this...

Hi Charlie,

I have a 2011 Toyota Vigo 4 door, 3.0L Diesel Turbo, only 70,000 kms, Toyota Serviced every 10,000 kms, owned from new, and now for sale.

Have listed it on the ThaiVisa Classifieds and also BahtSold.

Excellent condition, all extras, and carefully maintained. Never used commercially.

Bargain at THB475,000.

Registration, License and First Class Insurance current. Runs like new.

Here is a pic of it:

attachicon.gifVigo.JPG

PM me if interested further.

Hope this doesn't break the rules posting this...

your truck sounds and looks great

unfortunately im looking for a extra cab prerunner.

the higher model, as i need to carry my bike in it.

Thanks for the offer.

Charlie