Yingluck declines to commit when to return to Thailand

webfact

More to the point, how much baggage was she carrying on the plane??? No mention in the news?

The report stated 11 pieces.

Not much for a long stay but plenty of shopping in Paris and some major malls about half-way.

11 cases between four people I believe?

Not a lot?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smart move by the lady, Why tell them so they will be waiting for her at the airport when she returns.

Nice attempt at putting a spin on her obvious evasion of the question.

The reason she didn't give a date is because she doesn't want to give anyone any ammunition which they can use to call her a "liar". That's the very reason why she has always evaded any questions on any subject...!!

More to the point, how much baggage was she carrying on the plane??? No mention in the news?

The report stated 11 pieces.

Not much for a long stay but plenty of shopping in Paris and some major malls about half-way.

11 cases between four people I believe?

Not a lot?

Thai news said 11 cases for herself. Not a lot considering what her brother took and what was inside them.

Smart move by the lady, Why tell them so they will be waiting for her at the airport when she returns.

Nice attempt at putting a spin on her obvious evasion of the question.

The reason she didn't give a date is because she doesn't want to give anyone any ammunition which they can use to call her a "liar". That's the very reason why she has always evaded any questions on any subject...!!

The reason is she hasn't been told yet. Do you actually think she is doing what she wants to do?

Yingluck is up and away on a one-way ticket

7-24-2014-9-35-49-AM1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Ex-Premier Yingluck Shinawatra flew to Paris last night with 15 suitcases on a one-way ticket, according to report in ASTV Manager today.

The local online daily said on its website today quoting airline and well-informed sources as confirming Ms Yingluck bought one-way tickets to Paris.

However these sources said she might buy return tickets later on another airline.

Yingluck sought permission to go abroad from July 23- August 10 and was permitted at the same day when the National Anti-Corruption Commission ruled her guilty of malfeasance involving rampant corruption in the rice-pledging scheme.

The NACC said in its conclusion of investigation that she knew about all irregularities and corruption but neglected to take action or stop it, thus incurring huge damages of over 500 billion baht to the country.

Her request for a three-week long overseas trip was later speculated to be an attempt to flee supreme court’s trial of which its ruling can’t be appealed.

However she dismissed the speculation and affirmed she would return on schedule.

ASTV Manager also said Yingluck and her son brought with them 15 suitcases on the flight, with 12 of them checked in, and three carry-on.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-away-one-way-ticket/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=yingluck-away-one-way-ticket

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-24

Funny that ASTV, a decidedly Pro Yellow, Ant-Shinawatea source states 15 suitcases, while all other reports state 11, and that being among 4 people. But Sondhi's "mouthpiece" has to make it 15 just for her! Slightly biased and prejudicial reporting perhaps?

Edited by Just1Voice
  • Like 2

I seem to remember that interpol rejected all requests by Thailand to place a warrent on Thaksin so its doubtful they could bring him back if he doesn't want to come, I think the same would probably go for her if she decides to go awol

I seem to remember no requests were ever issued to interpol from Thailand for his arrest... so please stop posting misinformation

Your memory is certainly failing you, my friend. A red notice was indeed requested for Thaksin to Interpol and rejected. Reason stated was it did not meet Interpol's criteria, which could mean anything from paperwork not properly submitted to the request was obviously politically based.

You may wish to check on this. No formal request was made. It was discussed though.

• Like 1

Funny that ASTV, a decidedly Pro Yellow, Ant-Shinawatea source states 15 suitcases, while all other reports state 11, and that being among 4 people. But Sondhi's "mouthpiece" has to make it 15 just for her! Slightly biased and prejudicial reporting perhaps?

Actually, 5 people. She, her niece, her son and two of his buddies. All 1st Class..baggage is not an issue. And does ASTV think she'll be allowed a visa with a 1 way ticket. She holds no political office now.

I seem to remember that interpol rejected all requests by Thailand to place a warrent on Thaksin so its doubtful they could bring him back if he doesn't want to come, I think the same would probably go for her if she decides to go awol

I seem to remember no requests were ever issued to interpol from Thailand for his arrest... so please stop posting misinformation

Your memory is certainly failing you, my friend. A red notice was indeed requested for Thaksin to Interpol and rejected. Reason stated was it did not meet Interpol's criteria, which could mean anything from paperwork not properly submitted to the request was obviously politically based.

You may wish to check on this. No formal request was made. It was discussed though.

using political influence to buy a piece of land is not regarded as a criminal offence in the west,certainly not worthy of intervention by interpol

jdinasia, corect me if I am wrong but didnt this "A red notice was indeed requested for Thaksin to Interpol and rejected. Reason stated was it did not meet Interpol's criteria" BS was taken and quoted from a propaganda piece in one of the financial papers written by Thaksins pet monkey Robert Amsterdam ?

I believe interpol themselves made a statement that they had never received such a formal request ?

Actually, 5 people. She, her niece, her son and two of his buddies. All 1st Class..baggage is not an issue. And does ASTV think she'll be allowed a visa with a 1 way ticket. She holds no political office now.

Would she not need a visa if she's on a diplomatic passport? (which I assume she is). I don't know though.

using political influence to buy a piece of land is not regarded as a criminal offence in the west,certainly not worthy of intervention by interpol

it bloody is by a standing member of a western goverment at best case its conflict of interest... stop talking rubbish

it bloody is by a standing member of a western goverment at best case its conflict of interest... stop talking rubbish

Comparing criminal offences in Thailand to the west is apples and oranges. It wasn't simply a case of political influence. In Thailand prime ministers and their spouses were barred by the constitution from doing business with government agencies. The land was bought from the Financial Institutions Development Fund (FIDF), a government agency that had been set up to bail-out debt-ridden banks. Thus the law was broken.

• Like 1

Would she not need a visa if she's on a diplomatic passport? (which I assume she is). I don't know though.

Why would she be using a diplomatic passport? She is no longer a member of any government, merely as she says, a private citizen.

Edited for bad spelling.

Edited by billd766

Why would she be using a diplomatic passport? She is no longer a member of any government, merely as she says, a private citizen.

Edited for bad spelling.

That's true, but there have been examples of others holding diplomatic passports after leaving office. Thaksin for one for a while IIRC. I seem to recall a debate going on about it for a while.

Someone may want to send the Shin family a reminder of the their only real value to Thailand and her people.

We don't want your good wishes, your proclaimation of improtence/success, etc Just return the billions you and your cronies have gotten thru theft from the nation, and take all of those involved, find a nice seculuded venue out of sight, hearing, and influence on Thaiands future and practice your version of a nigerian scam on those with the same moral values as yours

I supposed you will also mean the thousands of others who have gotten the billions thru theft from the nation. You seem to believe naively that you get rid of the Shin and Thailand will be corruption free.

rubbish or not,it certainly wouldn't warrant Interpol getting involved.They should have tried him for complicity in murder due to the 3,000 odd so called drug dealers who were killed by the police with Thaksins encouragement,that would have stuck but they didn't,they used a Mikey mouse charge which wouldn't impress anybody.