Yingluck declines to commit when to return to Thailand

webfact

The military let her go for a reason... but what that reason is, is hard to guess.

The reason is she is still extremely popular. Not only with fellow citizens but internationally too.

Opinion or fact? Where do you get this information from?

• Like 1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The military let her go for a reason... but what that reason is, is hard to guess.

The reason is she is still extremely popular. Not only with fellow citizens but internationally too.

Yes, she is "La fille du regiment" among the officer corps in Bangkok.

Yingluck posted the same on her Facebook page.

Edited by sonnyson

I think one just has to consider the evidence in terms of international reputation.

Which democratically elected leader was welcomed by monarchs and statesmen of all free societies? Which government is a pariah snubbed by all except opportunistic totalitarian states?

In terms of domestic popularity the answer is already known, hence the decision for the Junta to intervene.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yingluck posted the same on her Facebook page.

Which makes it true ? I mean, if I had a Facebook page, then I could claim to be a billionaire, but it wouldn't necessarily be the truth ? wink.png

Back to her plans for her son's education, doesn't his father get a say in this, and which comprehensive-school might she choose for him ? She couldn't contemplate a beastly elitist hi-so boarding-school like Eton, given her woman-of-the-people status, it might send the wrong message to the faithful, a common problem amongst populist-politicians with children to educate.

Whatever, I hope he enjoys his new school, and snowball-fights in the winter, and all the other benefits of living in the UK. thumbsup.gif

I think one just has to consider the evidence in terms of international reputation.

Which democratically elected leader was welcomed by monarchs and statesmen of all free societies? Which government is a pariah snubbed by all except opportunistic totalitarian states?

In terms of domestic popularity the answer is already known, hence the decision for the Junta to intervene.

Come on, jayboy. This topic is not the place for Junta / NCPO bashing.

Here we discuss the fun Ms. Yingluck and her son have on their well deserved holiday in Europe. Furthermore we display some jealousy regarding the freeness with which the Amply Rich travel around, something us lesser being have more problems with.

• Like 1

Here we discuss the fun Ms. Yingluck and her son have on their well deserved holiday in Europe. Furthermore we display some jealousy regarding the freeness with which the Amply Rich travel around, something us lesser being have more problems with.

lndeed. If you had as much money to throw around on shopping trips abroad as she does, I'm sure they'd be rolling out the red carpet for you, too...

You misunderstand.I was merely pointing out who has international legitimacy and who is scrambling for some kind of recognition.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You misunderstand.I was merely pointing out who has international legitimacy and who is scrambling for some kind of recognition.

Yes, jayboy, I understood you were merely distracting a wee bit.

Anyway, I'm sure than internationally Ms. Yingluck will be recognised as ex-PM. One of the many walking around. Mind you, not that many with a notorious criminal fugitive as brother, who referred to her as his clone, advised her as a golf caddy, got her to give him a new passport and told her all about that wonderfull scheme RPPS which cost the country only 500 or 700++ billion Baht. Now that really helps someone's legitimacy internationally.