Half Moon and Black Moon Parties banned (for 5 months)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting information.

Could you clarify one thing please?

The thread title, and the first paragraph of your post clearly relate to Koh Phangan.

What about the second paragraph though? Is that another Koh Phangan only item or does it relate to Samui as well? Although I recognise your name, I can't remember if you only post on this local Forum about Koh Phangan issues.

I notice from the news section of this forum that the police on Samui are monitoring shop signs and getting them moved if they consider them to be a hazard. Click HERE for link. If they are moving the signs, then presumably they could get the motorbikes moved at the same time, but as I say, I appreciate that your OP may have related only to Koh Phangan.

Edited to add last paragraph and link.

Edited by silver sea

ah the junta, stepping on toes, one at a time.

lets just wait and see how readily they relinquish power.

they are just getting started.

Which is better, a benevolent junta or a malevolent democracy?

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I truly hope they { The Army } start to Clean up Samui.... Please

They're coming. When they started cleaning up the Phuket beaches, oh they'll never clean up Patong. The Generals are very methodical. They're coming.

I still can't see this lot making the trains run on time (this was the only argument in favour of Mussolini)

Come on...It will still be Thailand.

It is cool... I mean reform. They starting with the minor things but wait until they hit the us Farangs where it really hurts. Banning liquor sales after 1am and banning girls loitering.

Liquor and loitering, huh? Okay.

• Like 1

Just the beginning. My wife said the military in her village have banned all card games and arrest anyone on any whim plus random urine testing at any time and any place including your own home, ?she says these soldiers cannot be bought like the previous BIB who visited regularly to get their tea money Maybe the cardgameers have not offered the proper amount of tea money but they are afraid to ask

Soon it will be pristine clean and boring like Singapore.

• Like 2

ah the junta, stepping on toes, one at a time.

lets just wait and see how readily they relinquish power.

they are just getting started.

When one has big feet, expect ones toes to be stepped on.

Wait is all I can do as I'm not in charge.

You're not allowed to eat or drink on the MRT or BTS.. Same as Singapore. It's always been 'pristine clean' on these 2 pieces of Bangkok public transport. In london you can eat and drink on busses and tubes all you want.. They should implement this ban in the UK on public transport too.

And boring? How so boring? Or you mean you can't afford Singaporean prices for booze and girls is what you're really saying?

Either way, the whole of Thailand looking clean as pristine like Singapore? Not in yours or your gran kids lifetime, the majority of Thais will still be living in wrinkly tin roof shacks no doubt no matter what the junta implements. Unless the education system is changed to removes the elements of thai culture that keeps Thailand in the gutter then they will remain there

Edited by Grindting
  • Like 1

Tha'll never ever happen.....Singaporeans understand dicipline and have a good sense of civic pride....!!

On the other hand..Thais don't care about anything!

Good parking bikes on public walk ways forces people to go into the road

As for black moon parties and what not

Imagine some people shall be happy and some maybe not

I just hope that these laws don't start pushing people away from thailand and forcing Busines to close either due to lack of customers or other reasons

Over the years these places have developed and people that surround the events have learnt to accept it adapt and sometimes profit even the small business in and around the Venus. I hope they get the balance right

Or thailand could become a little too quiet form comfort.

Hippies can be all for anti capitalism and all that but even they won't be able to stay for long as visas would expire and hey would find it harder to get their drugs or maybe easier as if Busines are forced to close then people shall have to find other incomes

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Biggest worry with these crack downs is that it could be fuelling a bigger wave or even more corruption once they hand over the government back to the people

As allot of government people end corruption as wages don't pay enough

So whilst the black knight is at bay. Once crossed the water he shall take the whole castle

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

Interesting information.

Could you clarify one thing please?

The thread title, and the first paragraph of your post clearly relate to Koh Phangan.

What about the second paragraph though? Is that another Koh Phangan only item or does it relate to Samui as well? Although I recognise your name, I can't remember if you only post on this local Forum about Koh Phangan issues.

I notice from the news section of this forum that the police on Samui are monitoring shop signs and getting them moved if they consider them to be a hazard. Click HERE for link. If they are moving the signs, then presumably they could get the motorbikes moved at the same time, but as I say, I appreciate that your OP may have related only to Koh Phangan.

Edited to add last paragraph and link.

Yes, this relates to Koh Phangan. Apologies for that smile.png

• Like 1