Red Card

dave111223

Ouch!

rooneystamp1.jpg

:o

Simply by stomping his opponents balls = RED CARD - correctly judged.

Rooney, bye bye.

He was asking to be sent off.

I don't know what put the referee over the top: The stomping on the portuguese player (which to me looked intentional), pushing Ronaldo or mouthing off at the referee. Put everything together, and I think he got what he deserved.

Sophon

I do apologise for my feelings on another post. I can see now what I did not see before. I must admit I completely missed the stamp. And I thought that it was Rooney being fouled. New glasses are in order I think. :o Although in my defense, I will say the pub was full and I had the customers needs to attend to.

Ouch!

rooneystamp1.jpg

:o

Simply by stomping his opponents balls = RED CARD - correctly judged.

Rooney, bye bye.

He was asking to be sent off.

Sophon

"Hey Ref.. for God's sake send me off will you , I have already played for a hour and I've got some really good Spiderman Comics that I want to finish off reading" :D

He was fouled, Lampy. He was jumped by two of em, but he reacted, which is why he got booked. To be fair, England played played really well with a man down and perhaps deserved a better result (notwithstanding the other 4 games :o ).

I've watched the incident over and over on the news today. I think Rooney knew the guy was there when he stepped back.

It's one of the more difficult manouvers in footy, the step back and push off, and he didn't quite get it right. You have to be looking forward at the moment of contact.

I broke someones ankle using the method in a different code many years ago. :o

"Hey Ref.. for God's sake send me off will you , I have already played for a hour and I've got some really good Spiderman Comics that I want to finish off reading" :D

You mean he can read?????

:D:D:D:o:D:D:D

If the red was for the stamp, O.K., I guess. As to pushing Ronaldo, I wanted to punch him in the face for his incessant diving, whining, and "working the ref". I'm a Yank who's indifferent to the fortunes of England and Portugal, but I thought the Portugese team were disgustingly cynical up until they went up a man. Still, Rooney got played by Ronaldo, gotta keep your cool. I wonder what the ManU practices will be like now.

If the red was for the stamp, O.K., I guess. As to pushing Ronaldo, I wanted to punch him in the face for his incessant diving, whining, and "working the ref". I'm a Yank who's indifferent to the fortunes of England and Portugal, but I thought the Portugese team were disgustingly cynical up until they went up a man. Still, Rooney got played by Ronaldo, gotta keep your cool. I wonder what the ManU practices will be like now.

I'm not sure if Ronaldo dare go back to Machester.

[

Yeah , surely Man U has to sell him now. Can you imagine the stick he's going to get from the crowd this premier league season, and the media will be all over his back. Not to mention the locker room atmosphere with Rooney.

His diving & cheating antics belong in the Spanish & Italian leagues anyway.

I've got a Dutch friend here who is as pi$$ed at the pathetic antics of Portugal as most others here - what's amazing is that they have got away with it for this long and the refs are none the wiser - let's hope the French knock their socks off in the next game.

QUOTE(finninuk @ 2006-07-02 12:54:23) *

[

Yeah , surely Man U has to sell him now. Can you imagine the stick he's going to get from the crowd this premier league season, and the media will be all over his back. Not to mention the locker room atmosphere with Rooney.

His diving & cheating antics belong in the Spanish & Italian leagues anyway.

They should sell him to Celtic - he will given a warm applause there!

God help him (Ronaldo) is all i can say.

I am from Manchester and most of my family and friends support United although i am a City fan myself and they are all already slating him.

Life will be hel_l in the Uk when he returns for sure, and he will be unable to cope with all the fans from every club and of course the British Press!

"Bye Bye Ronaldo"

angie

This morning I have watched over and over again this incident. Do I believe Rooney deliberately stomped ? no I dont ! In fact if anything I feel that Rooney should have been awared a foul for the attention he was receiving from the two Portuguese players. So my view is that the stomping incident was not the cause of the red card.

The next was the physical pushing of "smirk face" by Roonrey, again I feel that the conection was minimum, which was not helped by the reaction of "smirk face". This was possibly a yellow card offence and not a red. However, what I think most people have missed was what appeared to be a torrent of verbal abuse by Rooney on both "smirk face" and the referee and in my humble opinion was a justifiable red card offence.

Rooney has a track record of lack of self discipline and I feel that he was set up rather crudely by Ronaldo and he fell for it hook, line and sinker. and I think Ronaldo's wink as Rooney was walking says a thousand words.

So did Rooney deserve to get red carded ? I think he did, however the referee was also at fault for allowing the portuguese to pressure him and as for Ronaldo, well I guess he has no future at all in Manchester now, he probably realises it himself, hence his comments after the game about wishing to join real Madrid as quickly as possible

So did Rooney deserve to get red carded ?

I don't know about red card - but I think he definetely deserved to get HIS balls stomped on or kicked ! fair retaliation. wonder how he'd play after THAT ! :o

'Don't kill Rooney' - Golden Boy !

"So pay attention please, he is the golden boy of English football. Don't kill him, I beg you because you need him.

"You need him for the qualification games for Euros and you need him in Euro to win the Euro 2008. He is a fantastic football player.

"He has his temperament but I have no hard feelings against him at all and you shouldn't have."

fifa are to investigate rooney's violent behaviour.

it seems funny that they can not investigate figo's headbut, but they must investigate rooney, if they are to use tv evidence for one then they must use it for ALL.

what a bunch of clowns and this bunch run one of the most lucrative sports in the world today, taking bribes selling tickets on the black market, giving the official stamp and ticket rights to thier friends, and this is not speculation it has been proved.

I am from Manchester and most of my family and friends support United although i am a City fan myself and they are all already slating him.

That makes about 6 of us on the forum, thus far :D:D We're not really here :D

it seems funny that they can not investigate figo's headbut, but they must investigate rooney, if they are to use tv evidence for one then they must use it for ALL.

what a bunch of clowns and this bunch run one of the most lucrative sports in the world today, taking bribes selling tickets on the black market, giving the official stamp and ticket rights to thier friends, and this is not speculation it has been proved.

Absolutely, how can they let Figo get away with headbutting and Rooney gets the book thrown at him for pushing that cockey scrawny step over SOB :o

My Take.

Ronaldo fouled a foul worthy of a yellow card. Rooney got baited and took the bait and unfortunately deserves a red. You don´t kick a man in the balls unless you´re about to be killed. Much less so in football.

Ronaldo is absolutely a <deleted>. Only man worse is DECO (is spanish rhymes with GUEKO=spineless poof) . France will take care of ´em.

MORE IMPORTANTLY though... WHO THE HECK PUT AN ARGENTIAN REF on an england game. <deleted>?

again <deleted>?