Builder

pibinning

My advice? Shop around. In my opinion, farang builders are not worth the price. You can specify what you want in the building process at any time.

Thai workers do all the work so you don't always get the quality you want. Then you get the farang builders Thai wife. That will really piss you off. Stupid bitch tried to tell me that I needed to remove the shower drain trap if I wanted the water to go out. Keep in mind that there are 2 showers in the same stall and it cannot drain with only one shower running.

A good quality Thai builder will speak English and do the price for less. Quality will be the same.

Decide what you want beforehand and be there every step. Yep it pisses them off but it will be the only way you get your product.

I spent 3.5 million baht for a very nice structure with roof leaks, electrical problems, mediocre flooring installation and paint that peels off the external portions of the house. I will be repairing all of these items myself because the builder has sent people here to repair these thing and nothing has been repaired.

Never do PVC gutters.

Get yourself to Landy Home on Suk rd.

Or view their website.

Maybe the OP wants his own design on his own plot of land instead of one in a village where there are 5 the same .

Correct, thats why I gave the suggestion.

Landy dont build cookie cutter villages.

They have a choice of about 60 different models, starting from 3 million upwards.

The op is free to buy his own land then head over to Landy and have a talk with the architects there.

Has the Ops own design been checked and signed off at the local amphor?

Has the Op considered piles that may add at least an extra 200k onto his build price?

Consider a 4m x 4m grid for a floor plan.

Thais work comfortably with that and their techniques save a lot of money of some western approaches to building.

That said ... the electrical side is usually one of their downfalls ... go hard there.