TZM Modding Project

mikebike

Being a fan of smokers I'll be looking replace the Yammy part with a tuned expansion chamber at some point - "pig ugly' to some is the simple beauty of two strokes to others...

TunedChamber_zps90e9b213.jpg

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 2

Being a fan of smokers I'll be looking replace the Yammy part with a tuned expansion chamber at some point - "pig ugly' to some is the simple beauty of two strokes to others...

TunedChamber_zps90e9b213.jpg

I love expansion tanks on stokers.. you may have to be quick .. it's a dying art.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seem to be a number of middle-aged Thai bike enthusiast around where I live... they grew up on smokers and their kids seem to be into 2T motocross... apparently there are a few old hands around to manufacture chambers and there are still some aftermarket kits out there.

Tyga has the silencer if the mounting is a "conventional" three bolt fixing. Made for an NSR 150 but....Expansion chamber they don't have but Poon Sub (spelling) market you might find one as the old strokers never die. 

• Like 1

Nice project keep us updated, your plans sound good, keep it simple.

Mayby dual disks are a bit over the top for a light bike as the TZM.

As you might know the TZM is still very popular in Malaysia enough inspiration on various site  ( bike pics.com)

Nice ones......[attachment=277140:bikepics-2172512-800.jpg]

and questionable ones.......[attachment=277142:TZM..... but different.jpg][attachment=277141:TZM.... but different 2.jpg]

whistling.gif

• Like 1

I think if you want to really trick it out a single sided swing arm is in order.

if you can find one nowadays!

a honda nsr150 proarm makes this bike a great looker!

Hmmm... I DO like single-sided swing-arms!! Should be lots of wrecked NSRs with good swing-arms about though, no?

I think if you want to really trick it out a single sided swing arm is in order.

Hmmm... I DO like single-sided swing-arms!! Should be lots of wrecked NSRs with good swing-arms about though, no?

Nope. They have been put on cbr250's etc

Nope. They have been put on cbr250's etc

So I should be looking for wrecked CBR250s etc then, eh!?!? LOL!!

Nice project!

Hope you get on with it quicker than me with mine!

How long has yours been in-the-works?

Depends when you count from!

I am building one "good" bike from 2 not so good bikes... I bought the first one in September last year, the second one in November.

I actually got the tools out and started taking one of them apart in January...

So I'd say 6 months really.

• Like 1

Nice project!

I am building one "good" bike from 2 not so good bikes... I bought the first one in September last year, the second one in November.

I'd be happy with 6 months! I've already had a "tool" issue... many rusted/locked fasteners... I need an impact driver and an easy-out!!

Nice project!

I'd be happy with 6 months! I've already had a "tool" issue... many rusted/locked fasteners... I need an impact driver and an easy-out!!

Well, 6 months to take one bike apart is hardly good going, but at least I've had more luck than you. The bike was sitting in a garden open to the elements for several years before I got my greasy hands on it yet only one snapped bolt in the whole process! No rounded hears and no stripped threads.

Bit of a result really.
  • Like 1