White Box restaurant targeted in Phuket beach 'clean-up'

webfact

Once all pretty places on the beaches will be gone, also the tourists will be gone.

What else for shall they come to Phuket ?? For sitting on dirty sand and eating sandwiches from 7/11 ?

"'For sitting on dirty sand and eating sandwiches from 7/11 ?'' Luxury,

​The pretty places will return in the correct location, without paying off aholes.

• Like 1

This criminal needs to be taken down, as do parts of the building. No more Phuket mafia.

Why is this company or it's owner a criminal? Because they bought a restaurant that may have planning issues? Can you prove that the Watermark group is owned by a criminal? Can you prove this company is a mafia owned company or are you just flapping your lips senselessly for the sake of it?

Another (stupid fahrang) bites the dust ..... [Queen]

He's hardly stupid and he won't be biting the dust as you would like to think. The Watermark group has a few restaurants across Phuket, this blip will not break them. They've been establish for some 10 years or so in Phuket and seem to be doing okay

Edited by Alwyn

This criminal needs to be taken down, as do parts of the building. No more Phuket mafia.

Why is this company or it's owner a criminal? Because they bought a restaurant that may have planning issues? Can you prove that the Watermark group is owned by a criminal? Can you prove this company is a mafia owned company or are you just flapping your lips senselessly for the sake of it?

Maybe he is talking about the mentioned mayor!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I do feel for this guy who bought it - lets be honest the only one that will loose is him while the people who contributed to this whole affair get away scot free for example the former mayor.

Due diligence. Any business person needs to exercise it. Especially here in Thailand, more especially on Phuket.

• Like 1

never invest 1 baht in Thailand that you are not prepared to loose and walk away from

We will take this case to court. Asked if he would be making any of the alterations demanded, he said, Zero. I have all the approvals from Mayor Pian [Keesin].

cheesy.gif:cheesy:cheesy.gif

never trust a mayor, did you not learn anything at school

If the army junta gives an order to demolish, can the owner take the case to court? It could be held up for years awaiting decision.

Its been reported that some are doing infact just that.

That will be an interesting story to unfold.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe he is talking about the mentioned mayor!

Maybe! I don't think he even knows

And so, still not a SINGLE high dollar restaurant, hotel or beach club has had their hard infrastructure removed from the beaches. Just the poor people and their bamboo huts. The rich are trading on with impunity. What about Bliss at Bang Tao, or Pullman at Nai Thon. When are they getting demolished? If these developments owned by the rich are allowed to trade on, it will be a deal breaker between the Junta and the workaday folks of Phuket. There is a growing risk of civil unrest.

I have dined at the White House in Phuket probably 50 times and found it to be a great restaurant. Never noticed any 3rd flood so it may be taken down. Entrance on the 1st floor and all restaurant and bar activities on the 2nd floor. Right on the beach, but there are many other '"on the beach" venues, such as Joe's Downstairs Restaurant and many others which are all located right on the beaches in Phuket, which is one of their main attractions.

Guess it is whom one knows in the military coup and whom one does not know, like a farang, that makes the difference as to which place is targeted or not.