Family’s anguish at delay in justice for Keighley teacher attacked in Thailand

Lite Beer

Family’s anguish at delay in justice for Keighley teacher attacked in Thailand

Mr-Pickles-200x300.jpg

PATTAYA: -- THE LONG wait for justice is continuing for the parents of Keighley teacher Adam Pickles who was put in a coma after being hit with an iron bar in Thailand.

Andrew and Adele Pickles had expected to hear on Thursday what fate a court in Pattaya had decided on ex-pat Sean Henry Tinsley, of Wolverhampton – the man accused of attacking their son in the popular resort in May 2012.

Mr PicklesBut instead of a verdict, came news the case was being referred back to the High Court in Bangkok and they will have to wait until August 19 instead.

Mrs Pickles said: “We’d been all geared up for it. We were expecting the news and wanted it to be over. We haven’t a clue what is happening, why it is going back and fore. All we know is that we have to wait until August 19.”

Married father-of-one Mr Pickles, who had been teaching English in Thailand, was flown back to the UK and spent six months at the Royal Hospital for Neurodisability in London before being transferred to Woodlands Respite Care Centre in York, close to his parents home in Thorner.

The 41-year-old former Bradford Grammar School pupil, out of the 17-month coma, has been making some progress but a seizure three weeks ago has seen doctors up his medication again, making him less reactive, said his mother.

His wife from Thailand and his son, Ben, have also travelled from their home to Yorkshire in the hope of spurring on his recovery, but the increased medication has slowed his responses.

“It’s a shame really that this has happened while his family are visiting but Ben’s been really good, playing around his daddy saying hello daddy, goodbye daddy. We have a blinking system, two blinks mean yes, and when we ask Adam if he knows Ben is here he is blinking twice. |It’s a good sign,” said Mrs Pickles.

She added: “It’s a slow process but we keep edging forwards. It’s a bike like two steps forward and three back at the moment. As far as the case goes all we can do is wait and hope.”

Fundraising is continuing to help pay for legal costs and Mr Pickles’ care.

stimes.jpg

Samui Times 2014-08-02

My sister lives in Thorner and when I was there 2 or so years ago, I told her there would be little in the way of investigation by Thai police and even less in the way of justice.
  • Like 1

Sorry for all they've been through, but it sounds as though they are being pretty pragmatic and coping well.

She added: “It’s a slow process but we keep edging forwards.

I think the word "anguish" in the title could be replaced by "patient resolve."  Far better that the courts take the time to get it right even if a quicker verdict might be a relief in the short-term. Delays, appeals and other prosecution or defense maneuvers are aggravating but common is all court systems, including the UK.

My sister lives in Thorner and when I was there 2 or so years ago, I told her there would be little in the way of investigation by Thai police and even less in the way of justice.

Presumably delivering your bit of unfounded speculation  made you feel very self-important. Most people, following a tragedy would attempt to be comforting & hopeful rather than spiteful, but I guess we all go about such things in ways that serve our own interests best.

Wrong twice, meaning wrong in all you have written. First, it is not unfounded speculation, it is based on previous cases and this news bears me out. Secondly, my sister is no relation to or in contact with the family of the victim, only lives in the same village. You should think and read carefully before you write rubbish.
  • Like 1

If people would just hold their temper for a minute this probably could have been avoided. I remember sitting on a bench at Jomtien and some drunken idiot came by me and brushed past me I just said forget it mate and move on same thing happened on Suk one night when one drunk guy accidently knocked over my table and spilt my beer on those small tables on suk late at night, I just let it go I was mad though but thought "How could this end" one or both of us in hospital and blacklisted for life over what? some stupid incident. Jai yen yen at all times if you can and keep the booze intake to a minimum it just ruins lives. Its easy for me coz I bloody hate the taste of all Thai beers all lagers no taste.

• Like 1

2 or 3 years ago you told your sister that?.. Well done, must be right then, yeah?!.. ps: Any actual point in 'enlightening' us all with this amazing slice of what-you-once-said 'wisdom'? Personally, I just wish all the very best to Adam Pickles and his family and all the very worst to the **** who hit him with an iron bar!!! wai.gif
Any point in you enlightening us with your bit of useless tripe? I see you have already decided the guys guilt and sentence and you haven't even heard any evidence. Do you think your tripe would be any comfort to the victim's family who are looking for truth and justice? Mindless. Edited by Card

This cannot be covered up/

Why was he sadated again, when he began to recover!

If it was me I would be fighting to survive to tell the truth...

The perps NEED to be made an EXAMPLE OF AND ALL People who helped

(Even to protect their own family)

Need to be Publicly Humiliated and Justice seen to be served.

This cannot be covered up/

Why was he sadated again, when he began to recover!

If it was me I would be fighting to survive to tell the truth...

The perps NEED to be made an EXAMPLE OF AND ALL People who helped

(Even to protect their own family)

Need to be Publicly Humiliated and Justice seen to be served.

"Why was he sadated again, when he began to recover!"              If you actually read the OP then you'd know.

"If it was me I would be fighting to survive to tell the truth..."          What makes you think he's not fighting to survive?

Lawyers must be making a tidy profit

"Fundraising is continuing to help pay for legal costs and Mr Pickles’ care." Things must  be different here. I thought lawyers for prosecution are for paid by the state. Good for fundraising for care, but legal costs? Can someone explain this part please?

"Fundraising is continuing to help pay for legal costs and Mr Pickles’ care." Things must  be different here. I thought lawyers for prosecution are for paid by the state. Good for fundraising for care, but legal costs? Can someone explain this part please?

The family can prosecute alongside the police. This often helps justice along. i have never heard of the High Court in Bangkok though and if it has been transferred to Bangkok Criminal Court there has to be a good reason.

Presumably delivering your bit of unfounded speculation  made you feel very self-important. Most people, following a tragedy would attempt to be comforting & hopeful rather than spiteful, but I guess we all go about such things in ways that serve our own interests best.

He was telling it as it is, the truth.