Possibility Of Interviewing Thai Officials

PREM-R

About three years ago when thai visa was still in its infancy and had just a few hundred members, there would be, from time to time, an interview with a senior police or immigration official posted on the forum. With this in mind and with TV now boasting around 30,000 members, would it be possible for the owners of TV to approach Immigration, Ministry of Foreign Affairs or even a 'farang' embassy for an interview where questions submitted by TV members could be considered.

This may help in dispelling some of the rumours that raise their heads from time to time. If possible this exercise should take place every month or so. Is this a good idea or not?

Edited by PREM-R

I, too, think it is an excellent idea.

It would be good to see a synopsis of the number of farangs here now on 'retirement' and 'support-thai-wife' extended visas.

I expect Immigration has the statistics, probably broken down province by province, so a spokesperson could give them to TV 'reporter'.

Maybe I'm too cynical, but I cannot imagine any Thai person willing to act as a spokesman on any subject, if there is the slightest chance that they will be held responsible for what they say :o

It's not a question of 'don't shoot the messenger'. But 'passing the buck' seems to be a national passtime in LoS...

Maybe I'm too cynical, but I cannot imagine any Thai person willing to act as a spokesman on any subject, if there is the slightest chance that they will be held responsible for what they say :D

It's not a question of 'don't shoot the messenger'. But 'passing the buck' seems to be a national passtime in LoS...

Not just in LoS! My job was at one time to write the "correct" speeches for Government Officials and Politicians ( yes even Prime Ministers). They will say what they are told is politically correct, not what they think is factual. :o