How much do you give to your Thai girlfriend/wife? What % of your income?

daftboy

Why should the OP be responsible for supporting the lazy extended family. Would you do it in your own country?

Then there's the gambling debts etc, this is looking like a train wreck.

Supporting lazy families is a mainstay of situation comedies in the West and has been for 40 years. Where you been? Ozzy Osborne and Anna Nicole Smith, Archie Bunker ...... and on and on and on....

Here we go...

How many of you people would like to live on 10 or 15 thousand baht a month...with a child??? Thai people do it, with support from their families. The amount you give depends on whether the mom lives alone with the child or if she lives with several family members (that should be working). My son (similar situation in the Philippines) gets 12000 baht a month. It is enough...he lives with an extended family and two others pitch in money. He goes to a private school and the house he lives in is rent free. Transportation, food, school tuition/supplies, clothing upkeep, and some medical add up to exactly 12000 baht. (16000 pesos). I am fortunate he is now 16....and can work in two more years. (US Citizen).

In Thailand no need for private school or medical.

Those are luxury items for the rich.

• Like 1

Around three years ago I was bemoaning the low interest rates on offer and tried to explain how that was causing my investments to effectively loose money. The end product from those throw away comments was that Mrs CM started to pay for her own food and expenses although I didn't realize she was doing that straight away. When I eventually cottoned on, I asked her what she was doing and her reply was that she didn't want to be the cause of me loosing or not saving money!

If you have any more loose money, give it to me!

20k is more than she would make in a job in Issan.

Considering the average daily wage would be not much over 300 baht a day, 20k is too much.

But hey, it's not my money, and if the op is ok to pay that, his choice.

8 to 10k a month max. Little extra for pampers and other baby stuff.

• Like 1

I am married and we have 1 child and 1 more on the way (both mine).

My wife's salary before we met was 30,000THB per month. She has stopped work to take care of our Son and I pay her 30,000THB per month. We live together and of course I pay the rent and all bills but she pays for all the food and everything for our son including nappies etc.

I have often compared this to the UK and ask if my brother or brother in law would replace their spouses salary if they stopped working and the answer of course is no way. However I cant imagine how my wife could do it for less than 30,000THB in a way that I would be happy with.

Her Mother also lives with us (its good and bad but that's another story) and I give her 10,000THB per month as that is essentially what I would pay a live in Nanny anyway.

They never ask for anything more and it seems like a happy arrangement.

• Like 2

Not a %.

Work out how much she NEEDS and give her that. Stand firm. Don't have a joint bank account.

Would you have married a woman back in farangland that expected you to support her entirely on your own?

<she stays in Isaan now with her mum>

Thai culture- her mother looks after the child and she goes to work.

Time to give her the low down. You pay the basic for her and child ( not the family ) to survive and if she wants more she goes to work to earn it.

Around three years ago I was bemoaning the low interest rates on offer and tried to explain how that was causing my investments to effectively loose money. The end product from those throw away comments was that Mrs CM started to pay for her own food and expenses although I didn't realize she was doing that straight away. When I eventually cottoned on, I asked her what she was doing and her reply was that she didn't want to be the cause of me loosing or not saving money!

If you have any more loose money, give it to me!

Cheque is in the mail.

I am married and we have 1 child and 1 more on the way (both mine).

My wife's salary before we met was 30,000THB per month. She has stopped work to take care of our Son and I pay her 30,000THB per month. We live together and of course I pay the rent and all bills but she pays for all the food and everything for our son including nappies etc.

I have often compared this to the UK and ask if my brother or brother in law would replace their spouses salary if they stopped working and the answer of course is no way. However I cant imagine how my wife could do it for less than 30,000THB in a way that I would be happy with.

Her Mother also lives with us (its good and bad but that's another story) and I give her 10,000THB per month as that is essentially what I would pay a live in Nanny anyway.

They never ask for anything more and it seems like a happy arrangement.

So your wife looks after the baby AND you pay the MIL to do the same cheesy.gif .

By all means pay the MIL to look after the child, but your wife should be working- that's Thai culture.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Yes the last few months she has been pushing me up to 20,000 with numerous reasons as to why she needs more.

Think partly because her mother / sister want her to go to 'work' and she has started complaining about how much 'bad' girls in her village get.

One girl is getting 50,000 (from a farrang who wants to take her abroad) she says (despite being fat and having a Thai husband who she lives with) and

lots of stories about how she doesn't ask for big money 30,000 or 40,000.

Then lots of stories about what farrang boyfriends / husbands have done for other girls in her village.

I fear she may be turning into that monster!

Run as fast as you can.

• Like 1

Yes the last few months she has been pushing me up to 20,000 with numerous reasons as to why she needs more.

Think partly because her mother / sister want her to go to 'work' and she has started complaining about how much 'bad' girls in her village get.

One girl is getting 50,000 (from a farrang who wants to take her abroad) she says (despite being fat and having a Thai husband who she lives with) and

Then lots of stories about what farrang boyfriends / husbands have done for other girls in her village.

Run as fast as you can.

And leave his kid there without blinking an eye too according to you ?

To the OP, good luck, you are going to need it...

As I read the OP, what caused the red warning lights to go off for me was when the wife made the comment that 'bad girls' are making big money...

• Like 2

Run as fast as you can.

And leave his kid there without blinking an eye too according to you ?

So what do you suggest? Marry her so he can have joint custody and half of his assets including future earnings will be gone to the OP's GF.

If I am the OP I would run and would possible talk to a lawyer to start negotiating some kind of monthly contribution, possible 50% paid-out monthly and the other 50% in a trust to be saved away for the child.

• Like 1

I think from more info from the OP that he might need to consider putting his foot down hard. The fact she's getting shitty when he won't give her 20k says a lot to me.

The family are probably pushing for more money, as they are lazy shites and see this as an opportunity yo exploit the OPs naivety. I'd be looking at a suitable exit plan if had to put up with that sort if <deleted>, to be honest.

Could be the family, but it could also be her wanting to show off.

As I read the OP, what caused the red warning lights to go off for me was when the wife made the comment that 'bad girls' are making big money...

Bad girls are more fun, prepared to do a lot more in bed, and therefore can claim a deservedly higher wage.

When your misses asks for more because Miss XX gets more, possible answers are,

I would pay her more too

Her skin is sooooo white

She is a lot younger than you

You've put on a lot of weight since the baby

Can you get your younger sister to join us in a threesome

etc.

I agree with you completely, but neither of us have a child with the woman making this statement... That's what made me sit up and go &lt;deleted&gt;...

20k is more than she would make in a job in Issan.

Considering the average daily wage would be not much over 300 baht a day, 20k is too much.

But hey, it's not my money, and if the op is ok to pay that, his choice.

8 to 10k a month max. Little extra for pampers and other baby stuff.

Kris ... you're a richer man then I am ... but it's BallPark for MissFarmGirl and me.

Bad girls are more fun, prepared to do a lot more in bed, and therefore can claim a deservedly higher wage.

When your misses asks for more because Miss XX gets more, possible answers are,

I would pay her more too

Her skin is sooooo white

She is a lot younger than you

You've put on a lot of weight since the baby

Can you get your younger sister to join us in a threesome

etc.

AoA ... you are a bad boy.

But I liked that thought bubble.

• Like 1

Holy... some of you guys are getting hustled hard. But if you are happy then great.

I don't have a Thai gf but if I did, I would be offering free accomodation + meals paid for. She can get a normal job to support her own entertainment!

• Like 2

Holy... some of you guys are getting hustled hard. But if you are happy then great.

I don't have a Thai gf but if I did, I would be offering free accomodation + meals paid for. She can get a normal job to support her own entertainment!

"I don't have a Thai gf but if I did" ... whistling.gif

Sort of asking the Pope about Marriage advice.

• Like 1

That's a terrible analogy.

I don't have a Thai gf now. I have in the past but we never moved in together because she had her own condo & job. Now I date a Filippino and she has a condo and job as well. ^_^