Singha's bonanza offer to motor sports fans

Lite Beer

Singha's bonanza offer to motor sports fans
Lerpong Amsa-ngiam
The Nation

30240621-01_big.jpg

Voravud Bhirombhakdi, Singha Corp

BANGKOK: -- Singha Corporation has launched a "World of Speed" campaign to grant motor sports enthusiasts a lifetime experience to witness world-class racing events, including Formula One in Singapore and MotoGP in Spain.

The brewery firm, in cooperation with four motor sports - Giants Infiniti Red Bull Racing 1, MotoGP, Ferrari and GT Championship's AF Corse - will give away free round-trip tickets, including accommodation, to four major circuits to lucky fans.

By visiting www.singhaworldofspeed.com and explaining their definition of "How speed will change your life?" fans can win trips to the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix from September 19-22, GT Championship's FIA World Championship in Japan from October 9-13, MotoGP's Gran Premio Movistar de Aragon in Spain from November 7-11 and Supercar Ferrari Challenge World Finals at the United Arab Emirates from December 3-7.

There are two prizes, each with a round trip for two, for each circuit plus one grand prize of round trip for two to all four events.

These lucky fans will be accompanied by each of the four Singha brand ambassadors - rock and movie stars Louis Scott, Peter Corp Dyrendal, Ananda Everingham, and Dome Pakorn Lam for each trip.

The company has been a global partner with several elite sports teams such as leading Premier League teams Manchester United and Chelsea and Infiniti Red Bull Racing 1 and AF Corse in motor sports.

The latest campaign is to underline the company's leading role in motor sports circles and is a to create an awareness of motor sports among young fans.

"We hope that by giving them this experience, young speed fans will have a new perspective, which will inspire them not only to create new things for themselves but also to become the driving force for the society to grow," said Voravud Bhirombhakdi, director marketing event and business partnership, Singha Corporation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Singhas-bonanza-offer-to-motor-sports-fans-30240621.html

[thenation]2014-08-09[/thenation]

Alcholic beverages now aligning itself with activities involving speed and vehicles? That is sensible. Red Bull can do it because it is an energy drink ......... but beer and whisky?

And that tagline...."how speed will change your life" ...... massive safety campaigns in the UK usually finish with "Speed Kills" as it does frequently in Thailand.

Think Singha water

"We hope that by giving them this experience, young speed fans will have a new perspective, which will inspire them not only to create new things for themselves but also to become the driving force for the society to grow," said Voravud Bhirombhakdi, director marketing event and business partnership, Singha Corporation."

Really? How?

I'd understand this quote better if contestants had to create/improve/design something linked to car development or the fastest, most environmentally clean remote controlled car (toy) or something of that ilk.

This competition seems to be more of a writing competition (is it open to Burmese citizens?).

If I was a cynical man I'd say the quote was just meaningless PR gobbledygook.

Oh, wait, hang on,

I am and I do. Edited by Bluespunk

Red bull is a sponsor. Red Bull and Singha are business partners in the Thailand Ferrari distributorship. Whatever happened to the Red Bull hit and run cop killing with the Ferrari and the outstanding arrest warrants for the perpetrator? Why isn't the Thai military dictatorship following up on this high profile case that was all over the Thai news?

Noitom,  there's another thread which hasn't be opened for comment yet and may not be that the general was named fugitives from Lese Majeste charges who are to pursued and extradited.

Fair enough but what about all the other high fugitives that appear to have been ignored ?

For example,  the Red Bull as you have mentioned,  the fugitive ex-monk supposedly in the US with all the money he was able to withdraw before his accounts were frozen because Tarit gave advance warning of what DSI was about to do.  Of course i don't have to mention an ex-PM but will anyway and who knows after tomorrow maybe his sister too.

• Like 1

Anything where I see Red Bull I stop reading. Did I miss anything?

Nothing really,  the Red Bull heir has been seized by remorse and has bought a private jet to fly back and turn himself in.

Unfortunately the prosecution / BIB have had to announce the case papers have gone ' missing ' and the judge who would have heard the case has been sacked.

No,  you didn't miss anything out of the ordinary.

Red bull is a sponsor. Red Bull and Singha are business partners in the Thailand Ferrari distributorship. Whatever happened to the Red Bull hit and run cop killing with the Ferrari and the outstanding arrest warrants for the perpetrator? Why isn't the Thai military dictatorship following up on this high profile case that was all over the Thai news?

Yes they did. You may like to research it yourself.

• Like 1

This is news? oops it's Saturday so I guess it's entertainment lol

Yes, it is.  And guess what, the idea of news items of this type is to get people to read them.  And guess what?  You read it!  Kind of takes the sting out of your piss-take.

Because he's in a country with no extradition treaty with Thailand, perhaps?

Alcholic beverages now aligning itself with activities involving speed and vehicles? That is sensible. Red Bull can do it because it is an energy drink ......... but beer and whisky?

And that tagline...."how speed will change your life" ...... massive safety campaigns in the UK usually finish with "Speed Kills" as it does frequently in Thailand.

"..."Speed Kills" as it does frequently..."

In actual fact, speed doesn't kill.

Think Singha water

...and green tea, and energy drinks, and rice.  There's more to Singha than beer.

Why did you try to bring whisky into the thread?

What a load of b**sh*t! This has nothing to do with "How speed will change your life?". Or, maybe, end it. This is all about media grabbing headlines for the companies involved. In other words, just advertising of the promoters/companies and their products in a different way.

But, I am sure that a lucky winner will enjoy his/her prize.

From my understanding speed never killed anyone not even Andy Green and he broke the sound barrier. However, falling over on the bathroom floor certainly can. It's all because of the impact and nothing to do with speed.