Jazz Or Yaris?

Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris?

I am having a big headache choosing between this 2 makes!

Which is a more reliable car & has a better resale value in the near future? (which has a better consumtion too!)

What is the price for this 2 machines? Assuming if i were to choose the 2 top models of Jazz & Yaris.

Edited by Preceptor

Honda Jazz or Toyota Yaris?

I am having a big headache choosing between this 2 makes!

Which is a more reliable car & has a better resale value in the near future? (which has a better consumtion too!)

What is the price for this 2 machines? Assuming if i were to choose the 2 top models of Jazz & Yaris.

You could also have a Vios - the best-selling car in LOS!

I'm in the same predicament myself at the moment... gotta buy a new car for the missus.

Checked out Toyota, Honda, Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan, and Mazda.

I'm leaning towards the Honda Jazz at the moment... :o

I'm in the same predicament myself at the moment... gotta buy a new car for the missus.

I understand that Nissan Tiida is about to launched in Thailand.

How reliable are Nissan cars?

:D

I understand that Nissan Tiida is about to launched in Thailand.

How reliable are Nissan cars?

:D

Well its really a Renault Megane with a facelift :D You can even see the Renault styling still remaining on the front end, replace the Nissan badge with the Renault diamond and you'll see what I mean :D

That said Nissan are just as reliable as Toyota/Honda......cheaper to buy new but with higher depreciation than the leading 2 manufacturers here in Thailand.

Good thing for Tiida and some of the lower models of Focus is that the price overlaps with the high end Yaris/Jazz so you can get a bigger car for same money if you want (but less toys of course :D)

Choose between the Jazz/Yaris...6 months ago I would have said Jazz, in fact you can probably find several posts I've made in here recommending Jazz over Yaris. But now I have to say the look of the Yaris has grown on me and I would me more inclinded to choose that...especially with the aftermarket parts now available for it......looks really nice. But then, the Jazz is more pratical and better screwed together......hmm see your point now...don't envy your migrane!!!!! Glad I don't have to make that choice :D

I think the Honda Jazz is probably the most cleverly designed and the most practical car ever built. Add the Honda reliability and you have a true winner. If it ever comes with a diesel engine my name will be on the waiting list.

Edited by Gary A

Get a Jazz, best car in it's class.

Yep! The Jazz wins hands down over the Yaris. The Bangkok post recently reviewd small hatchbacks and the Jazz out shone on all aspects except it's handling.... The Yaris was described as more fun to drive but less pratical....I'm saving my penny's for one right now

Get a Jazz, best car in it's class.

Yep! The Jazz wins hands down over the Yaris. The Bangkok post recently reviewd small hatchbacks and the Jazz out shone on all aspects except it's handling.... The Yaris was described as more fun to drive but less pratical....I'm saving my penny's for one right now

forgot to add this to my last post, but does anyone know if the Jazz can be converted to NGV or LPG ?

This would make it as cheap as Honda Dream to run

Which has a better resale value in the near future? [/size][/color]

It could be argued that nearly new second hand Yaris will hold thier value better than the same age Jazz.

The second hand market is awash wish used Jazz but used Yaris are not easy to find. This might have an impact on residual values in the west but here in Thailand normal market forces dont apply.

I think that unless you get the top of the range Yaris with the bodykit and alloys, its an ugly car.

The Jazz is a winner on looks, even though its recent facelift was a very poor effort by Honda to update an ageing design.

Got a Jazz for 18 months and drove 87,000 k so far. Good reliable car, just the battery died after exaclty 14 months over night. See the related threat somewhere in the motor forum.

Still amazed about the Jazz' loading capacities!

Jazz was great two years ago, but now Yaris wins in the "cute" department. I can only judge by looks, though, and its subjective.

I also think there are some features in top-end Yaris that can't be found in Jazz, like "start" button that not even all BMWs have yet.

I think they are both great but we decided on the Yaris. The car is for my wife and she liked it better especialy the keyless entry and push button start. We ordered the top model but had them put the sport model trim on it. The leather is geat and I like its power and handling a bit better than the Jazz. Keep in mind boot space is smaller in Yaris but we have a 4 door Vigo to take on trips so not a problem for us.

post-30049-1152265322_thumb.jpg

Jazz was great two years ago, but now Yaris wins in the "cute" department. I can only judge by looks, though, and its subjective.

I also think there are some features in top-end Yaris that can't be found in Jazz, like "start" button that not even all BMWs have yet.

Very subjective indeed. Like its stablemate, the Toyota Vigo, the Yaris looks as though it's on steroids. Wait a couple of years and, like all Toyotas, the styling will look passé compared with the Honda. Compare the style of the older Civics and Citys with the older Solunas and Corollas of the same vintage. Toyota tends to over style which soon loses its impact.

Start button? Ancient technology. The BMC Austin 7 and the Morris Mini Minor had floor-mounted start buttons 47 years ago.

morrisminiminoraustin.jpg

Got a Jazz for 18 months and drove 87,000 k so far. Good reliable car, just the battery died after exaclty 14 months over night. See the related threat somewhere in the motor forum.

Jeez, 87,000KLMs!!! You commuting from Chiang Mai to Bkk everyday??

Wait a couple of years and, like all Toyotas, the styling will look passé compared with the Honda.

It's subjective, again, but in Thailand the only good looking Honda is Jazz. City is considered plain ugly, and Civic and Accord look exactly like in the last century, no progress whatsoever. Toyota Altis started the whole new line, with Vios, and Mitsubishi and Nissan following up - beefy look with high sitting position, high roof line, and high boot. Camry follows a similar concept.

Civic and Accord's basic proportions are still low and streamlined. Previous Civic was so generic and looked like a ten year old Corolla, new Civic is only average looking, too, and taillights are an eyesore.

Jeez, 87,000KLMs!!! You commuting from Chiang Mai to Bkk everyday??

LOL...no, I'm doing sales in the Eastern Seaboard. 1,000 km a week is pretty much standard.

• 1 year later...

Speaking for myself, I think having the instrument cluster in the middle of the dash is plain stupid. I found the visibility sadly lacking too. I want to see what is right behind me, not what is a kilometer behind me.

Had a Jazz Vtec for a couple of years and loved it - fuel consumption excellent and great handling. HOWEVER, last month I hired a Jazz (same model) and I think probably about 4 years old and the brakes had an awful judder to them. Felt like the ABS was cutting in every time I put anything more than the slightest pressure on the pedal. When I told the hire company about it they said they had had a few similar problems with other Jazz's and were now buying Toyota Vios instead.

Hate to knock the Jazz as, if I were to buy another car at any time, having once owned one it would have been my automatic choice for a next vehicle - now I'm not quite so sure. :o

I brought a Jazz for my Wife 4 years ago 460,000 TB

Sold it 3 years later for 420,000TB

Thats amazingly little depreciation.

The D-Max Adventure I have paid 1,13m only worth 500,000 now

Same amount of kliks on it as the Jazz

I would love to sell the D-Max but my Wife wants a Mini Cooper ,not a Jazz, but they are ridiculously expensive...so She will just have to carry on using the Adventure till she decides she likes the Jazz again.

I must say that having looked at both the Yaris and the Jazz I like the fact that you can get leather and quite a few factory options with the Yaris that are not available with the Jazz, of course you can modify the Jazz yourself , looks wise I think the Jazz is better though in its basic form, I have heard stories from people who have rented both models and swear the Jazz is superior though.

Tough choice, but I thnk I would like my Wife to have a Honda rarther than a Toyota, I heard the story about the guy in the Fortuner whose airbags did not engage when he had a bad accident...I have not heard the same about Honda, also people seem to have problems with brakes on Toyotas. This is just what I have heard though.

Buy the one you feel is best for you, and best to drive.

Myself there was no question the Jazz was far better.

I could not drive the Yaris or the Avanza, both would be OK if only for very short trips likewise the Vios, there not in the same class for drivers space as the Jazz

• 2 months later...

Drive both and see which you like best! They are pretty much a muchness as far as I can see - resale, repairs, reliability, fc, etc. I would learn towards the (new) jazz though, mainly as the engine has been improved and has a bt more power (max of 11 hp more than the yaris/vios), though whether you would notice that difference I don't know. There is a review of the new jazz on asia.vtec.net, which you might want to look at.

Look in the Bangkok Post, there appears to be a new chevrolet optra (called 'cruze'), coming to Thailand. The prospect of a 2.0 148hp turbo diesel caught my eye, though don;t know if we would get that one. There would be 1.6 and 1.8 engines though.