Malaysian Airlines, would you?

ryanhull

Hi all,

I am planning on nipping back to the uk at the end of this month to see folks and friends, been checking flights and they seem to have shot up quite a bit probably because of the uk school holidays etc,

I am noticing malaysian airlines are quite alot cheaper for obvious reasons, question is, would you fly with malaysian airlines? probably more likely to get run over by a bus on the way to the airport then crash but something is telling me to stop being a tight ass and pay a bit more!

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would. I took them a year or so ago BKK-KUL-PAR on an unbelievably good deal.

They were very good and the airport in KL was nice.

Although, If I did take them I'm sure I would be thinking.... thinking...

• Like 1

Depending on time frame you might lose your money....someone is consolidating and buying them out.....shutting it down for restructure then kick starting back up from the latest I've read...they may all be on the ground when your flight time comes....

BA 20 more? What price have you got with BA? the flight I am looking at is 520 return which seems quite good for this time of year

I should clarify:

The Malaysia deal I was offered was £701 from Newcastle via Amsterdam and KL, BA via Heathrow was £725.

Mrats were offered for £525, but quite frankly the thought of another 16 hours on those horribly configured 777ERs of theirs... No thanks.

BA 20 more? What price have you got with BA? the flight I am looking at is 520 return which seems quite good for this time of year

I should clarify:

The Malaysia deal I was offered was £701 from Newcastle via Amsterdam and KL, BA via Heathrow was £725.

Mrats were offered for £525, but quite frankly the thought of another 16 hours on those horribly configured 777ERs of theirs... No thanks.

The thread's about flights to the UK, not from.

Thats just it mate, I would fly with them I guess but its just the mind games before getting on, I guess what happended was a freak accident but its always the what if.

I am sure they are a good airline especially by what some have said.

Anyway ended up getting a flight with Air India for 235 so went with that instead mainly on price.

Thanks for the replies all appreciated.

Thats just it mate, I would fly with them I guess but its just the mind games before getting on, I guess what happended was a freak accident but its always the what if.

Anyway ended up getting a flight with Air India for 235 so went with that instead mainly on price.

Maybe you get lucky and board a nice airplane built within the last five years...

..nice like the Malaysian Airlines cabin shown in the photo below.

post-138519-0-40654600-1407715381_thumb.

Edited by RandomSand

You found a good price on Air India.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would. I took them a year or so ago BKK-KUL-PAR on an unbelievably good deal.

They were very good and the airport in KL was nice.

There is nothing wrong with Malaysian , the problems they have had still doesn't alter the number 1 rule of all airlines, that the safety of the aircraft is not compromised, that then covers passengers

• Like 1

Depending on time frame you might lose your money....someone is consolidating and buying them out.....shutting it down for restructure then kick starting back up from the latest I've read...they may all be on the ground when your flight time comes....

This could only happen if the Malaysian Goverment and the whole country goes bankrupt, turns into the asian equilivent of Haiti. Basically impossible! You are aware the airline is owned by the Goverment?

Anyone who gets a good airfare with Malaysian to London will be flying on an A380 in comfort and total safety.

• Like 1