xanax detox

maphraw

not sure about availability in thialnd

colonopine (spelling?) though probably also a benzdiaapeam, is a possible better, anxiety alternative for occasional use

Klonopin is a benzo, yes, but it has a longer half life and IMO isn't as strong as Xanax or Ativan or some other benzos. My shrink actually gave Klonopin to me to help me sleep and told me to take Ativan during the day. I still have tons of the Klonopin in the fridge because I don't use it.

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not trolling, took it for 6 years here and no withdrawals at all, maybe I did not abuse it like some though. If I had I would not be on here moaning about it. There is a lot of hysterical nonsense about xanax, life threatening? pure BS.

So, a doctor's treatment is abuse in your eyes. What a fool. Based on your sporadic use, you conclude benzos are not harmful. That is quite simply foolish. Something that is scientifically proven is hysterical nonsense? Not life-threatening? Tell that to the hospital staff who saved my life.You're a dangerous fool. You make it sound as though benzos are cool because you take it only periodically, like a party drug, and don't develop a dependency. But what about the millions prescribed it for every day use by irresponsible doctors who now have to suffer terrible torment to withdraw from it? They have abused it??? Your attitude is almost criminal. It's time you grew up, don't you think, child?

Not trolling, took it for 6 years here and no withdrawals at all, maybe I did not abuse it like some though. If I had I would not be on here moaning about it. There is a lot of hysterical nonsense about xanax, life threatening? pure BS.

So, a doctor's treatment is abuse in your eyes. What a fool. Based on your sporadic use, you conclude benzos are not harmful. That is quite simply foolish. Something that is scientifically proven is hysterical nonsense? Not life-threatening? Tell that to the hospital staff who saved my life.You're a dangerous fool. You make it sound as though benzos are cool because you take it only periodically, like a party drug, and don't develop a dependency. But what about the millions prescribed it for every day use by irresponsible doctors who now have to suffer terrible torment to withdraw from it? They have abused it??? Your attitude is almost criminal. It's time you grew up, don't you think, child?

I'd like to hear your story. You said you almost died from benzo use? How long were you on benzos and how many mgs were you taking a day? Please to me your story...

colonopine (spelling?) though probably also a benzdiaapeam, is a possible better, anxiety alternative for occasional use

Klonopin is a benzo, yes, but it has a longer half life and IMO isn't as strong as Xanax or Ativan or some other benzos. My shrink actually gave Klonopin to me to help me sleep and told me to take Ativan during the day. I still have tons of the Klonopin in the fridge because I don't use it.

Often called Rivotril. I was offered this once from the Head psychiatrist at Rama 4 hospital. When I tld him if it was addictive and I was an alcoholic, he said it was ok as it was only a little addictive! Nearly as bad as the head psychiatrist in Khon Kaen university hospital who said as I hadn't drank for 5 years I could drink again in moderation. NEVER believe a Thai psychiatrist when it comes to addiction issues.

• Like 1

Often called Rivotril. I was offered this once from the Head psychiatrist at Rama 4 hospital. When I tld him if it was addictive and I was an alcoholic, he said it was ok as it was only a little addictive! Nearly as bad as the head psychiatrist in Khon Kaen university hospital who said as I hadn't drank for 5 years I could drink again in moderation. NEVER believe a Thai psychiatrist when it comes to addiction issues.

I've been on benzos for about 2 years now and if it's addictive I don't know about it. I've gone several weeks without it and didn't appear to have any withdrawal symptoms but maybe I'm just lucky. Yes, I think that benzos can be addictive but I'd be willing to bet that if you stay around .5 or 1mg a day then you shouldn't have a problem. I actually think that I'm PSYCHOLOGICALLY addicted because if I leave the house and forget to take my Ativan with me it sometimes leaves me jittery (kind of like not having my security blanket with me, I guess). Yes, I have anxiety disorder and I'm a little agoraphobic and the Ativan really helps. So for now I'm sticking with the benzos although I hope to eventually get over this anxiety disorder phase and get on with my life without having to depend on some tranquilizer because that's what benzos essentially are. And about the alcoholism, I feel your pain because I'm an alcoholic too. I've stopped boozing for up tor 2 years and I've been dry now for several months and plan to keep it that way. But if you're like me, you can not touch a drop of that alcohol poison for weeks, months, or years but as soon as you open that one can of beer or take that one shot of booze then it's game on and the next thing you know you're binge drinking and back to having the same old problems again. My psychologist initially prescribed me SSRIs and benzos but after a week of the SSRIs and feeling like a total zombie and forgetting why I went to the kitchen? Oh, that's right, I came to get some water! So I told her about the forgetfulness and feeling zombified and all she said is that it's not the SSRIs because they don't cause those side effects. Yeah, SURE they don't. But at least she was willing to listen and it was agreed that I would take only the benzos so that ended up being ok. Oh, and another thing: You weren't drinking AND taking benzos at the same time, were you? That's a big no-no.

I've been on benzos for about 2 years now and if it's addictive I don't know about it. I've gone several weeks without it and didn't appear to have any withdrawal symptoms but maybe I'm just lucky. Yes, I think that benzos can be addictive but I'd be willing to bet that if you stay around .5 or 1mg a day then you shouldn't have a problem. I actually think that I'm PSYCHOLOGICALLY addicted because if I leave the house and forget to take my Ativan with me it sometimes leaves me jittery (kind of like not having my security blanket with me, I guess). Yes, I have anxiety disorder and I'm a little agoraphobic and the Ativan really helps. So for now I'm sticking with the benzos although I hope to eventually get over this anxiety disorder phase and get on with my life without having to depend on some tranquilizer because that's what benzos essentially are. And about the alcoholism, I feel your pain because I'm an alcoholic too. I've stopped boozing for up tor 2 years and I've been dry now for several months and plan to keep it that way. But if you're like me, you can not touch a drop of that alcohol poison for weeks, months, or years but as soon as you open that one can of beer or take that one shot of booze then it's game on and the next thing you know you're binge drinking and back to having the same old problems again. My psychologist initially prescribed me SSRIs and benzos but after a week of the SSRIs and feeling like a total zombie and forgetting why I went to the kitchen? Oh, that's right, I came to get some water! So I told her about the forgetfulness and feeling zombified and all she said is that it's not the SSRIs because they don't cause those side effects. Yeah, SURE they don't. But at least she was willing to listen and it was agreed that I would take only the benzos so that ended up being ok. Oh, and another thing: You weren't drinking AND taking benzos at the same time, were you? That's a big no-no.

Yes, I was drinking alcoholically(2 large whisky bottles) and taking large(100 -200 mg /day) quantities of Diazepam for 5+ years.

Have you ever tried CBT? Pretty impossible IMHO to get to the cause of the "fear" if on tranqs.

What about AA?

Nope, never tried'em, Neeranam Wow, that's a lot of booze. Don't know how you did it because I probably wouldn't be here today if I drank that much. When will this anxiety stop? Is this going to be a permanent thing? And how's your anxiety doing now?

Dose Reduction

Because of the danger of withdrawal, abrupt discontinuation of treatment should be avoided (see WARNINGS, PRECAUTIONS, Drug Abuse And Dependence).

In all patients, dosage should be reduced gradually when discontinuing therapy or when decreasing the daily dosage. Although there are no systematically collected data to support a specific discontinuation schedule, it is suggested that the daily dosage be decreased by no more than 0.5 mg every three days. Some patients may require an even slower dosage reduction.

In any case, reduction of dose must be undertaken under close supervision and must be gradual. If significant withdrawal symptoms develop, the previous dosing schedule should be reinstituted and, only after stabilization, should a less rapid schedule of discontinuation be attempted. In a controlled postmarketing discontinuation study of panic disorder patients which compared this recommended taper schedule with a slower taper schedule, no difference was observed between the groups in the proportion of patients who tapered to zero dose; however, the slower schedule was associated with a reduction in symptoms associated with a withdrawal syndrome. It is suggested that the dose be reduced by no more than 0.5 mg every 3 days, with the understanding that some patients may benefit from an even more gradual discontinuation. Some patients may prove resistant to all discontinuation regimens.

After reading the above warning remarks about this XANAX drug it seems like pretty bad stuff to me.

I would never take it.

And, as far as I know, I think that most docs in the USA who treat psychiatric disorders use Valium and Thorazine, or something similar.

These damned drug companies do not care about patients, but only about making money, and we all know this.

Therefore, we need to ensure that we have a very trusted doctor who will do his homework before prescribing anything, and then only prescribe drugs which are not either dangerous or garbage.

What was said above concerning the reason for taking the drug in the first place must apply.

If you do not cure the thing that hurts, then you will keep taking something for it to make it feel better.

Just as when we were kids, ie when we had a booboo we wanted mother to blow on it. Well now we are older but we still need someone to blow on it.

After reading the above warning remarks about this XANAX drug it seems like pretty bad stuff to me.

I would never take it.

And, as far as I know, I think that most docs in the USA who treat psychiatric disorders use Valium and Thorazine, or something similar.

These damned drug companies do not care about patients, but only about making money, and we all know this.

Therefore, we need to ensure that we have a very trusted doctor who will do his homework before prescribing anything, and then only prescribe drugs which are not either dangerous or garbage.

What was said above concerning the reason for taking the drug in the first place must apply.

If you do not cure the thing that hurts, then you will keep taking something for it to make it feel better.

Just as when we were kids, ie when we had a booboo we wanted mother to blow on it. Well now we are older but we still need someone to blow on it.

Valium is a benzodiazapine and thorazine is an antipsychotic......totally different drugs and nothing similar. And thorazine is not widely used compared to other, newer drugs for treatment of mental or psychological disorders.

Xanax is widely prescribed in the USA.......Xanax has the potential to be "bad" if misused or abused. Millions have used it and never become addicted or suffered any adverse effects. Good to know that you would never take it. You should be very happy about that. Some people have serious problems and need relief, therefore they take it.

Could you tell us how much you were taking, approximately how many milligrams oper day. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

About cross tolerance and withdrawal for xanx valium and ativan: i think it is actually possible to become addicted to more than one at the same time and taking one will NOT relieve the withdrawal from another. Is this scientifically true?

They all have the same mechanism of action which is GABA A receptor stimulation. This results in the brain down regulating these receptors which leads to withdrawal (cross, tolerance or otherwise) as well as dependence and addiction,

If you want a through discussion of benzodiazepine withdrawal you can google " Ashton Manual" and you will find a very thorough discussion on this subject.

Unfortunately there are probably a great many detrimental things these and most pharmaceutical drugs do that we will never know about, as they are skillfully hidden by the criminal syndicate called Big Pharma.

Is Xanax similar to Zoplicone ??

I had that for 6 years 15mg a night and then one day GP refused to renew prescription. Didn't sleep for couple days but after that was fine

The so called "Z drugs" for sleep are very similar to benzodiazepines. You are very lucky your insomnia lasted for 2 days going off the drug "cold turkey" . I guess your doctor is/was ignorant about the potential nasty withdrawal and did not even offer you tapeirng. Of course this is nothing new. Incompetent and ignorant doctors endangering peoples lives are an epidemic nowadays. Your insomnia could have lasted for 2 years along with a slew of other intolerable side-effects from abrupt withdrawal.

And just because you were lucky the last time it does not mean you will have the same good luck in the future...

• Like 1

I had that for 6 years 15mg a night and then one day GP refused to renew prescription. Didn't sleep for couple days but after that was fine

The so called "Z drugs" for sleep are very similar to benzodiazepines. You are very lucky your insomnia lasted for 2 days going off the drug "cold turkey" . I guess your doctor is/was ignorant about the potential nasty withdrawal and did not even offer you tapeirng. Of course this is nothing new. Incompetent and ignorant doctors endangering peoples lives are an epidemic nowadays. Your insomnia could have lasted for 2 years along with a slew of other intolerable side-effects from abrupt withdrawal.

And just because you were lucky the last time it does not mean you will have the same good luck in the future...

Doctor had no choice. City where I live issued some directive (not sure of the full story) that all Benzo's sleepers were to be withdrawn from immediate effect except in the case of family death whereby one sleeping tablet only would be precribed.

100's were effected not only just me I might add

Doctor had no choice. City where I live issued some directive (not sure of the full story) that all Benzo's sleepers were to be withdrawn from immediate effect except in the case of family death whereby one sleeping tablet only would be precribed.

100's were effected not only just me I might add

In my opinion there is almost always a choice and exceptions can be pursued but the doctor has to work on it. There is always a choice to prescribe something else. Also there is the option of herbs as well as supplements that could have "eased you off " instead of going cold turkey and ruining your life. Did he warn you of the potential withdrawal ? Did he offer you any alternative options?

Where was this by the way?