Podcast

Lacoste

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea and if this is a first attempt not bad presentation. A pitty about the content.

A repeat of what is said over and over again, generalizations illuminated by unsubstantiated %s.

For take two, perhaps an attempt at giving us a different view might be a good idea.

I'd skip criticizing a guy for discovering he's attracted to transvestites too, it might figure high in your own personal experience, but why is it anything other than a criticism of his personal choices?

But don't be disheartend, I genuinely like the idea, it just needs the same rigour of thought that you would apply to a written article.

I look forward to take 2.

Oh and add some pauses.

Idea - 10/10

Presentation - 6/10

Content - Needs some work

Thank you for your thoughts GuestHouse, I'm just amazed that you are the only person to coment after 59 views, I personaly found it very amusing and like you said she would do well to think a little more before her next podcast.

Cheers, Charlie.

I just found it interesting that the 'author' comes on this website asking for advise etc from the other users and at the same time is doing things like this. Hmmmmm.

Edited by Lacoste

Don't make the same mistake as the Podcast.

Examine what you are saying. There's no shortage of assumption, exageration and generalization.

There's no need to attack her, and less reason.

An attack? None intented.

I just think that with a website name of that sort and podcasting her views like that, you leave yourself open to assumption, exageration and generalization. Based on the content.

I'm sorry to have offended anyone.

It has gotten very old hearing the same old gripe about some of the people that come to Thailand.

Low pay teaching jobs, lost all my money on a bar girl,Tired of the dual pricing, lost your house to a thai women.

Can't find a guy that is interested in anything other than a Thai women. And on and on...

IMO

Edited by highonthai

It has gotten very old hearing the same old gripe about some of the people that come to Thailand.

Low pay teaching jobs, lost all my money on a bar girl,Tired of the dual pricing, lost your house to a thai women.Can't find a guy that is interested in anything other than a Thai women. And on and on...

Perhaps such things are repeated so often because, on the whole, they're a fairly accurate representation of the kind of people who are attracted to Thailand. Cliches become cliches precisely because they represent something that enough people believe to repeat the same idea over and over.

I thought it was interesting. Its a bit refreshing to hear a women's perspective about Thailand regardless if its good or bad.

I agree with GH saying about the repeating content, but than again Its her first time. I will definitely be looking forward to hear another.

Go KAT!

Old news actually. We had a long discussion about this and sussed out who she could be quite awhile ago. She (if it is indeed her) never came on and discussed it though. I had the web address, but apparently deleted it during my last clean-up.

Old news actually. We had a long discussion about this and sussed out who she could be quite awhile ago. She (if it is indeed her) never came on and discussed it though. I had the web address, but apparently deleted it during my last clean-up.

Like i stated in my opening post it was made by Dive_mistress, could not find the long discussion you mention so i will presume it was in some private forum for the Thaivisa elite? :o

Like i stated in my opening post it was made by Dive_mistress, could not find the long discussion you mention so i will presume it was in some private forum for the Thaivisa elite? :o

The thread was in Bedlam. Get 500 posts up and you can read it too. It was a little unfair because D-M didn't have access and right of reply, but I'm sure someone updated her. (She hasn't posted since 22/6, when the other thread was going)

Edited by Old Croc

The thread was in Bedlam. Get 500 posts up and you can read it too. It was a little unfair because D-M didn't have access and right of reply, but I'm sure someone updated her. (She hasn't posted since 22/6, when the other thread was going)

My bad. I remember discussing it, but was too lazy to search for it.

Perhaps such things are repeated so often because, on the whole, they're a fairly accurate representation of the kind of people who are attracted to Thailand. Cliches become cliches precisely because they represent something that enough people believe to repeat the same idea over and over.

This is perhaps the best thing I have read of yours OAH. I like it. :o Kind of like sterotypes; they are steroetypes for a reason: A behavior or trait that is repeated over and over and becomes engrained in people's thought processes.

Thank you for the constructive suggestions. As for the rest of the coments....

I never exptected any expat men in Thailand to listen to the same old story; my podcast.

I explain in the podcast that I got the idea because out of Thailand dont find the stories to tired and boring.

It was my opinions on my perspective. Strange how I have gotten so criticised for commenting on the night life scene, my perception of a portion of the expat scene and prostitution scene when there are so many other internet forums glorifying it and promoting it.

Much of my conclusions and perceptions have come from the same old tired stories my male friends tell me.

Why any of you bother to listen to it or care so much is really a mystery to me. Its not like its mandatory listening like other things in Thailand. (national anthems and muslim prayers).

Yes ideally the 2nd podcast , in the works now, will be a bit more dynamic.

And what does the size of my ass have to do with it? If im fat and cant get laid then makes a difference?

Edited by expatgirl

Thank you for the constructive suggestions. As for the rest of the coments....

I never exptected any expat men in Thailand to listen to the same old story; my podcast.

I explain in the podcast that I got the idea because out of Thailand dont find the stories to tired and boring.

It was my opinions on my perspective. Strange how I have gotten so criticised for commenting on the night life scene, my perception of a portion of the expat scene and prostitution scene when there are so many other internet forums glorifying it and promoting it.

Much of my conclusions and perceptions have come from the same old tired stories my male friends tell me.

Why any of you bother to listen to it or care so much is really a mystery to me. Its not like its mandatory listening like other things in Thailand. (national anthems and muslim prayers).

Yes ideally the 2nd podcast , in the works now, will be a bit more dynamic.

And what does the size of my ass have to do with it? If im fat and cant get laid then makes a difference?

Hello there Dive_mistress Thaivisa rule number 14.

14) Multiple accounts on the Thaivisa Forum are not permitted. Any member found to have more than one account will be suspended. Suspended or Banned members found creating additional accounts will be banned. :o

I thought it was interesting. Its a bit refreshing to hear a women's perspective about Thailand regardless if its good or bad.

I agree with GH saying about the repeating content, but than again Its her first time. I will definitely be looking forward to hear another.

Go KAT!

With you on this one!

Nice clean-up on the thread .....

However having spent an evening drinking with 3 expat women and a tourist at the Phuket/Patong Pissup the oter night ... I would have to say that the podcast didn't seem very indicative of women's experience here

Low pay teaching jobs, lost all my money on a bar girl,Tired of the dual pricing, lost your house to a thai women.Can't find a guy that is interested in anything other than a Thai women. And on and on...

So true, OAH. I cannot believe some people still deny that this "cliche" comprises the bulk of longterm expats here. I don't know what the controversy is about - these people are self-selected and will tell you that themselves.

Go KAT!

is there a picture of how big her ass is?

No, but we definitely don't need a picture of your brain to guess how small it is.

I'm glad you sussed out who it is. "Expat girl" is definitely not me.

Nice clean-up on the thread .....

However having spent an evening drinking with 3 expat women and a tourist at the Phuket/Patong Pissup the oter night ... I would have to say that the podcast didn't seem very indicative of women's experience here

So, you've spent an evening chatting to 3 women and a tourist and now you are an expert on women's experience here? It must be your Mensa-calibre IQ.

So true, OAH. I cannot believe some people still deny that this "cliche" comprises the bulk of longterm expats here. I don't know what the controversy is about - these people are self-selected and will tell you that themselves.

No, but we definitely don't need a picture of your brain to guess how small it is.

I'm glad you sussed out who it is. "Expat girl" is definitely not me.

So, you've spent an evening chatting to 3 women and a tourist and now you are an expert on women's experience here? It must be your Mensa-calibre IQ.

Kat, you seem to have wound yourself up quite a bit in your attacks on the male members of this forum recently! On another thread you described us as "vile, racist creatures".

I know you consider yourself a legend in your own lunchtime, but you're not the only Kat in existance. It was worked out very early in the other thread who the podcast Kat was. Not everything is about you.

Because of your job as a researcher (?) you consider yourself mentally superior to all around you, particularly males. This level of boastfulness is not only infantile, but by definition certainly untrue.

Your dismissal above of jdinasia's comments about his evening spent with some expat ladies of this forum was ordinary and insulting to all, including the ladies involved. I believe their numbers included Khall and Donna.

Try to contain your misandristic comments to the forum devoted to the purpose.

Uh, let's see: I called them vile racist creatures because they were making the comments of vile racist creatures. And I'm very secure on my judgement on that.

I'm no more wound up in defending myself than many of the males on this thread are bent on attacking. If you don't like it, then don't attack. As for feeling superior: if you look around, you'll find that most of the people on this site who assume that position are male. They are also the first to make condescending remarks. If you don't like the fact that I can defend myself, that's your problem. And if you don't like my point of view, there's really nothing you can do about it. Too bad you read it as boastfulness; then again, what else should I expect from you? I'm sure a review of your comments would reveal a wealth of condescending drivel. Also, I don't start threads on my IQ scores, my universities, or how little my wife/girlfriend weighs.

I made one comment about the podcast not being me, because it was brought to my attention that people on this forum and others were discussing it might be me, without my knowledge. I really don't think one passing comment after who knows how many people have been discussing it without my input is excessive. That is, if you believe people have a right to share input and ideas equally.

As for JDinAsia: you're right, that was gratuitous. But after so many of his one-line, unnecessary jabs at almost everyone, I'm sure he will understand. If he apologizes for every single one of his gratuitous jabs, I'll apologize for mine.

And you certainly aren't one to judge maturity.

*one other thing: I believe people can speak for themselves.

** also, I don't hate men. I think that's obvious by my friendships with men, including those on this site who have very different values than me. But I do have a deep contempt for misogynists, of which there are many on this site, and for which I make no apologies.

Edited by kat