My First Thai Robbery

thaiguy878

Get a big dog and make sure everyone in the mooban knows you have him. My dog is the BEST investment I have made since I've lived here. thumbsup.gif

My dog basically hates everyone, except me of course, so people know to steer clear of my place. If you don't entertain or have many people visit, it's great.

If you don't want a dog, just post some "Danger.....Dog" signs on your fence and gate as well as a few motion sensor lights on the outside of the house.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you don't want a dog, just post some "Danger.....Dog" signs on your fence and gate as well as a few motion sensor lights on the outside of the house.

great if they are strangers. But what about the people who suss out you have no dog?

Get a big dog and make sure everyone in the mooban knows you have him. My dog is the BEST investment I have made since I've lived here. thumbsup.gif

My dog basically hates everyone, except me of course, so people know to steer clear of my place. If you don't entertain or have many people visit, it's great.

My dog loves me and my wife. She will only take food from me. Everyone else she thinks is trying to steal something. The dog hasn't figured out the difference between take and give. If you leave something at the house she gets angry or if you try to take something. She can jump about head high above the concrete wall. So as people walk by they see her bouncing up and down like a shark with ears.

Edited by thailiketoo

Isn't this Thailand, where everybody is happy and nice and Buddhist and honest and decent?

Oh aye, and everyone is 'smiling' too.

Where most houses have bars on the windows. That should tell you something

The two most noticeable things when you go home, or just to a normal Western country:

Houses without bars on every entrance and windows, on plots of land that don't have walls or fences.

Cars actually stopping for people at Zebra crossings, before they even set foot on them!

But they're not Buddhist countries, like this one. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Isn't this Thailand, where everybody is happy and nice and Buddhist and honest and decent?

Oh aye, and everyone is 'smiling' too.

Where most houses have bars on the windows. That should tell you something

The two most noticeable things when you go home, or just to a normal Western country:

Houses without bars on every entrance and windows, on plots of land that don't have walls or fences.

Cars actually stopping for people at Zebra crossings, before they even set foot on them!

But they're not Buddhist countries, like this one. rolleyes.gif

What a stupid comparison. My country is Christian, according to your reasoning, with churches all over the place but foreigners don't talk about it whenever someone does something wrong.

It is NOT a Buddhist country. Buddhism is the main religion but that is very different.

• Like 1

great if they are strangers. But what about the people who suss out you have no dog?

Just get a recording of a barking dog and play it from time to time so people hear it biggrin.png

Just get a recording of a barking dog and play it from time to time so people hear it biggrin.png

Could backfire if there are some Wietnamese living nearby.

Isn't that burglary.

Robbery is when someone holds the gun into your face and takes they money..

Or I am wrong with my english?

you took the word out of my mouth. is the reason that both of us are "non-natives"?

laugh.png

Yes, I was surprised it took so long for someone to mention dogs. Surely every Thai at risk of burglary uses a big dog. Forget CCTV and high tech stuff, leave that for expensive places that will have their own security guards anyway. A dog that has a loud bark will keep the risk down.

When I relax in my garden or walk around the house, I bark like a dog every 10 minutes. I do a pretty good impersonation (I'm available for children's parties). It scares away potential burglars effectively.

Those people who have sussed out by now that it's me doing the barking are too scared to approach my house. "That farang is barking mad, stay away from him. Farang baah!"

I know to stay away from your housethumbsup.gifbiggrin.png

• Like 1

connect the playing device to a motion sensor, when it detects movement the dogs start barking.

Edited by Spoonman

I'm going to need to restate what I said earlier.

Get a pitbull. Keep it in it's cage and only feed it meat. It's going to get nasty quick. Don't let it around young children. Only you and your wife.

Then let it loose in your backyard at night. biggrin.png

pitbulls-251x300.jpg

What does a drug addict look like ?

Can you please ask your lady to elaborate.

Thanks.

She said black teeth, black gums, and also, creepy, like was right in front of the screen when she saw him, she had to address him first which is kind of scary if someone is at your screen door they would be knocking or saying hello... Agreed there is no exact look for a drug addict, and I dismissed it as well, I don't like people stereotyping the looks of anyone.

Do you understand Thai?