Drug smugglers use durian to foil police attempt to seize drugs

Lite Beer

Police seized 298,000 methamphitamine tablets in a pick-up truck and arrested two Malay Muslims in Nakhon Si Thammarat today.

Police said that the duo, identified as Rosuelee Ta-ae, an assistant village headman, and Abdulloh Kuera-oh tried to use the strong scent of durain to distract police attention from the scent of the drug but failed.

Acting on a tipoff that a large consignment of methamphetamine was to be smuggled from Bangkok to the Deep South in a vehicle, police in Nakhon Si Thammarat set up roadblocks on the southern highway to look for suspected cars.

The police stopped the pick-up truck driven by Rosuelee in Tambon Sam Tambon, Chulabhorn district for a search. They found one of them eating durian and acted suspiciously and speakers on the backseat.

So the policemen asked for a thorough search of the truck and found hidden in the speakers and four door panels 298,000 methamphetamine tablets.

A subsequent on the assistant village headman’s house in Ra-nage district of Narathiwat unveiled a pistol with seven cartridges and 200 methambphitamine tablets.

The two men admitted that they were paid 200,000 baht to deliver the drugs to customers in the three southernmost provinces.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/drug-smugglers-use-durian-foil-police-attempt-seize-drugs/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=drug-smugglers-use-durian-foil-police-attempt-seize-drugs

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-08-17

Well, not a bad attempt.Many wouldn't want to check a car with a strong scent of Durian. Some would even skip tee money for it.

Hope police will not forget to have a chat with the customers. There's another bad scent of a drugs ring that can be tackled.

Edited by EricBerg

Well, not a bad attempt.Many wouldn't want to check a car with a strong scent of Durian. Some would even skip tee money for it.

Hope police will not forget to have a chat with the customers. There's antherbad scent of a drugs ring that can be tackled.

Hey Eric at the price durian is it would be in the polices interest to confiscate the durian.

• Like 2

So did they foil the police? Nooooo! So shouldn't that be "Drug smugglers TRIED to use durian..." Or "Drug smugglers use durian to TRY and foil...."

Is there any NES staff to proof read these ignorantly written headlines and articles?!?!?!?!?

I know, redundant question.

• Like 2

This attempt shows the low IQ of the smugglers...lol

Durian would logically be transported from plantation regions to Bangkok, and not the other way round. Now is the season of durian from the South.

But - but, everything coming from Bangkok is better than we get in the south (or north or the east).

However, not too bright was it.

"Police seized 298,000 methamphitamine tablets in a pick-up truck and arrested two Malay Muslims in Nakhon Si Thammarat today."

Why is is it necessary to refer to the religion of the smugglers?

It's an never ending attempt to get people to hate muslims for whatever reason.

• Like 2

"Police seized 298,000 methamphitamine tablets in a pick-up truck and arrested two Malay Muslims in Nakhon Si Thammarat today."

Why not? I wouldn't object to be being referred to as a British Christian. Why are you always so touchy about any perceived criticism of Muslims?

Really!? I bet there would be comments if some guy was caught in Thailand of committing a crime and they referred to him as a British Christian. I am certain that people would comment on its irrelevance.

• Like 1

Hope police will not forget to have a chat with the customers. There's antherbad scent of a drugs ring that can be tackled.

Hey Eric at the price durian is it would be in the polices interest to confiscate the durian.

Grandma's week long worn knickers could have done the job for an affordable price...

• Like 1

Why not? I wouldn't object to be being referred to as a British Christian. Why are you always so touchy about any perceived criticism of Muslims?

Really!? I bet there would be comments if some guy was caught in Thailand of committing a crime and they referred to him as a British Christian. I am certain that people would comment on its irrelevance.

Correct, he should correctly be referred to as a Pommie git.

• Like 1

Not necessary ... same as the Pakistani phone thief... just fun.. clap2.gif

• Like 1

Their religion is kind of relevant since the Malay Muslims in the south are creating the violence and since they are Malay Muslims, the drug idiots are probably involved with the violent groups down there, the drugs are probably in large part how they finance their campaigns of carnage. So it does have some relevance to the larger picture of what is going on in the south of the country...

• Like 1

Their religion is kind of relevant since the Malay Muslims in the south are creating the violence and since they are Malay Muslims, the drug idiots are probably involved with the violent groups down there, the drugs are probably in large part how they finance their campaigns of carnage. So it does have some relevance to the larger picture of what is going on in the south of the country...

Come on. They were pointing out how multi-cultural Thailand is. A deputy village headman and he was a Muslim. Can't complain about that!!!

Ha, ha,, you're probably right. And if an Australian was caught I guess they would be referred to as,,,,, well Australian because they are all ex cons. biggrin.png

Ha, ha,, you're probably right. And if an Australian was caught I guess they would be referred to as,,,,, well Australian because they are all ex cons. biggrin.png

Correct, mainly pommie crims ?

It's a difficult one really. You would be referred to as British but I doubt your religion would be mentioned unless it was relevant to the report. I've never heard of other farang's religion stated either. If a Thai is arrested, he's a Thai not a Thai Buddhist.

They are identifying the community from which the suspects likely come. Note also that "Malay" is an ethnic group, not a nationality, so "Malay Muslims" may also be Thai citizens. They may also be Malaysians of course. :)

Edited by cocopops

For the same reason why the skin-color, or nationality of smugglers is referred to. A phenomenon called "prejudice".

• Like 1