New Sports Bar Kad Falang

PostmanPat

I for one am not too keen on the UNIrish pub. Went in one afternoon, maybe a Saturday. I was the only one and all the screens had the same OZ provincial rugby game. Did i mention that i was the only person there? I asked the guy with the beer belly and grey straggly pony tail, seemed to be in charge, if any screen could have some other sport to watch, like golf, esp. Nope, not here, he said.

Amd maybe i'm too poor but 125 baht for a jar of beer is over the top for me. Looks like i will be well positioned to support my 7-11 equity shares, sit on the corner and watch the scooters.

All the screens?

Upstairs isn't usually open in the afternoon unless there's something special on like The Ashes, FI etc, but the screens up there can show other channels independently of the others. Not sure about the two downstairs, maybe they are both on one satellite dish?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an example of what The UN Irish Pub are doing this week.

The Game will need to do something similar if not better.

THIS WEEK AT THE UN IRISH PUB: 19 – 26/08/14
Rugby Championship
Sat 2:30pm New Zealand v Australia
Sun 5:40pm South Africa v Argentina (Repeat)
EPL Football
Sat 6:45pm Aston Villa v Newcastle
Sat 9:00pm Chelsea v Leicester
Sat 9:00pm Crystal Palace v West Ham
Sat 11:30pm Everton v Arsenal
Sun 7:30pm Tottenham v QPR
Sun 7:30pm Hull v Stoke
Sun 10:00pm Sunderland v Man Utd
Aust. Rugby League
Thu 4:45pm Bulldogs v Tigers
Fri 4:30pm Eels v Sea Eagles
Sat 4:30pm Rabbitohs v Cowboys
Sun 9:00am Warriors v Roosters
Sun 11:00am Sharks v Raiders
Sun 1:00pm Dragons v Titans
Sun 3:50pm Broncos v Knights
Mon 3:45pm Panthers v Storm
Aussie Rules
Fri 4:30pm Port Adelaide v Carlton
Sat 10:30am Kangaroos v Adelaide
Sat 4:30pm Hawthorn v Geelong Cats
Sun 10:00am Brisbane v Fremantle
Sun 1:30pm Richmond v St Kilda
Formula 1
Sun 7:00pm Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
Gaelic Football
Sun 9:30pm Mayo v Kerry
UFC
Sat 8:00pm Bisping v Le
Sun 9:00am Henderson v dos Anjos
Quiz Night
Thu 8:30pm 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Trier’s Prize
  • Like 1

Here's an example of what The UN Irish Pub are doing this week.

The Game will need to do something similar if not better.

THIS WEEK AT THE UN IRISH PUB: 19 – 26/08/14
Rugby Championship
Sat 2:30pm New Zealand v Australia
Sun 5:40pm South Africa v Argentina (Repeat)
EPL Football
Sat 6:45pm Aston Villa v Newcastle
Sat 9:00pm Chelsea v Leicester
Sat 9:00pm Crystal Palace v West Ham
Sat 11:30pm Everton v Arsenal
Sun 7:30pm Tottenham v QPR
Sun 7:30pm Hull v Stoke
Sun 10:00pm Sunderland v Man Utd
Aust. Rugby League
Thu 4:45pm Bulldogs v Tigers
Fri 4:30pm Eels v Sea Eagles
Sat 4:30pm Rabbitohs v Cowboys
Sun 9:00am Warriors v Roosters
Sun 11:00am Sharks v Raiders
Sun 1:00pm Dragons v Titans
Sun 3:50pm Broncos v Knights
Mon 3:45pm Panthers v Storm
Aussie Rules
Fri 4:30pm Port Adelaide v Carlton
Sat 10:30am Kangaroos v Adelaide
Sat 4:30pm Hawthorn v Geelong Cats
Sun 10:00am Brisbane v Fremantle
Sun 1:30pm Richmond v St Kilda
Formula 1
Sun 7:00pm Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium
Gaelic Football
Sun 9:30pm Mayo v Kerry
UFC
Sat 8:00pm Bisping v Le
Sun 9:00am Henderson v dos Anjos
Quiz Night
Thu 8:30pm 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Trier’s Prize

Dose not get my business. Where is the NFL, MLB and NASCAR.?

Edited by khwaibah

You can catch those games at "The Game"...

The rest of Chiang Mai will haed to UN Irish or stay home for our sport / drinking sessions. Yada yada..

I stay at home and watch what I want to when I want to.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Anyone know what beers they carry and what the prices are like?

I bought a small Tiger in the new Sports bar at Kad Falang. Cost me 117.50

Satang in a bar? Weird.

Always good to have more choices, but the overall experience at Kad Falang wasn't anything special. Maybe OK for Hang Dong locals who don't want to go into town. I think I'll stick with going to the Downunder and Irish Bars if I want to go out for sport - as I sometimes do. The Bledisloe Cup is exciting at home, but so much better with the groans and cheers and tension of a mixed crowd of Aussies / Kiwis to liven it up!

You can catch those games at "The Game"...

The rest of Chiang Mai will haed to UN Irish or stay home for our sport / drinking sessions. Yada yada..

I stay at home and watch what I want to when I want to.thumbsup.gif

Well, I guess no-one gets your business, two pointless posts.

• Like 1

How is giving good sound advice pointless?

Stack the fridge, fire up the BBQ, tune into the game (or whatever). Great night in, sound advice.

Personally, I watch football at home, but no BBQsad.png

However, I would bet that a great many customers of The Irish Pub, Downunder etc, who probably live in condo's, apartments, rooms etc, somewhere not too far away, simply don't have the screening facilities that some of these places offer. I would imagine there's a few who have it at home, but probably enjoy a bit of company and would rather not stay at home all the time.

And that's what makes this kaleidoscope of life so grand.

I used to be a regular at both UN and True Blue / Up2U in the late 90's and used to love watching the AFL and Cricket with a few coldies.

Wife and kids happen and then one tends to stay at home more often.

I don't have WE-TV hence me asking "The Games" owners if they had AFL on, i would have walked down the road to their lovely establishment and watched a few games over the weekend. Alas, no AFL...Oh well...time to fire up the barbie again.

Stack the fridge, fire up the BBQ, tune into the game (or whatever). Great night in, sound advice.

However, I would bet that a great many customers of The Irish Pub, Downunder etc, who probably live in condo's, apartments, rooms etc, somewhere not too far away, simply don't have the screening facilities that some of these places offer. I would imagine there's a few who have it at home, but probably enjoy a bit of company and would rather not stay at home all the time.

I used to be a regular at both UN and True Blue / Up2U in the late 90's and used to love watching the AFL and Cricket with a few coldies.

I don't have WE-TV hence me asking "The Games" owners if they had AFL on, i would have walked down the road to their lovely establishment and watched a few games over the weekend. Alas, no AFL...Oh well...time to fire up the barbie again.

What happened to Maurice?

Bring back the wet T shirt competitions. wink.png

Bars are getting too sterile, when it was Domino it had a wild 'West' feel about it.

• Like 1

It looks like they have a full sports schedule vis their website. I was there today a cth was being installed. Manager said it took cth 3 weeks to come out there to hook it up. They also got Leo pints 90 thb

PREMIERE LEAGUE FOOTBALL

23-Aug 18.45 BPL: Aston Villa v Newcastle Utd

23-Aug 21.00 BPL: Chelsea v Leicester City

23-Aug 21.00 BPL: Swansea City v Burnley

23-Aug 21.00 BPL: Crystalpalace v Southampton

23-Aug 23.30 BPL: Everton v Arsenal

24-Aug 19.30 BPL: Hull City v Stoke City

24-Aug 19.30 BPL: Tottenham v QPR

24-Aug 22.00 BPL: Sunderland v Man Utd

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

19-Aug 08.00 MLB: Orioles at White Sox

20-Aug 08.00 MLB: Astros v Yankees

21-Aug 08.00 MLB: Astros v Yankees

22-Aug 08.00 MLB: Angels v Red Sox

23-Aug 08.00 MLB: White Sox v Yankees

24-Aug 08.00 MLB: Braves v Reds

RACING

22-Aug 15.55 F1 Champioship Belgium: Practice 1

22-Aug 19.55 F1 Champioship Belgium: Practice 2

23-Aug 16.55 F1 Champioship Belgium: Practice 3

23-Aug 19.50 F1 Champioship Belgium: Qualifying

24-Aug 08.00 NASCAR

24-Aug 19.30 F1 Champioship Belgium: Main Race

COMBAT SPORTS

23-Aug 21.00 UFC: Bisping v Le

24-Aug 08.00 UFC: Henderson v Dos Anjos

RUGBY

21-Aug 16.30 NRL: Bulldogs v Panthers

22-Aug 16.30 NRL: Eels v Manly

23-Aug 14.25 Rugby C’ship: All Blacks v Wallabies

23-Aug 16.30 NRL: Rabbitohs v Cowboys

24-Aug 09.00 NRL: Warriors v Roosters

24-Aug 11.00 NRL: Sharks v Raiders

25-Aug 15.45 NRL: Panthers v Storm

Still no AFL. Fingers crossed for the future.

What happened to Maurice?

Bring back the wet T shirt competitions. wink.png

Bars are getting too sterile, when it was Domino it had a wild 'West' feel about it.

Not 100% sure. Last i heard he was in Oz. His brother David is still about from what I hear.

Yes the wild west was won back then. haha

It looks like they have a full sports schedule vis their website. I was there today a cth was being installed. Manager said it took cth 3 weeks to come out there to hook it up. They also got Leo pints 90 thb

PREMIERE LEAGUE FOOTBALL

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

RACING

24-Aug 08.00 NASCAR

COMBAT SPORTS

RUGBY

Now that's more like it, a beer on draught (I assume) at a reasonable price, loads of sport... heading in the right direction. Might even head up there this weekend.

• Like 1

Now that's more like it, a beer on draught (I assume) at a reasonable price, loads of sport... heading in the right direction. Might even head up there this weekend.

If it applies the same rules as its sister bar in Bangkok, the beer at 90 or 100 baht will apply only to "happy hour" which from memory is 4pm to 6pm monday to friday! In other words, at exactly the times when theres no sport live on TV. !!! Then it will revert to minimum price 150 a pint !!

PREMIERE LEAGUE FOOTBALL

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL

RACING

24-Aug 08.00 NASCAR

COMBAT SPORTS

RUGBY

Showing the full schedule like this will get an establishment more customers. wink.png

If it applies the same rules as its sister bar in Bangkok, the beer at 90 or 100 baht will apply only to "happy hour" which from memory is 4pm to 6pm monday to friday! In other words, at exactly the times when theres no sport live on TV. !!! Then it will revert to minimum price 150 a pint !!

No from the post of the Facebook page it says "all of the time".

I for one am happy to see that price for a beer.

Went to try out for dinner Monday night, wait staff was very pleasant, but had no clue of menu, food was at best 'just ok', high priced, small portions, 80 baht for a can of coke.. felt like I was time warped back to Grammer school cafeteria lunch meal. I'll stick with the Dukes Riverside, but wish them the best, there going to need it.

• Like 1

Went to try out for dinner Monday night, wait staff was very pleasant, but had no clue of menu, food was at best 'just ok', high priced, small portions, 80 baht for a can of coke.. felt like I was time warped back to Grammer school cafeteria lunch meal. I'll stick with the Dukes Riverside, but wish them the best, there going to need it.

They had better "lift their game" so to speak.

Agreed, the Facebook page now says draft Leo 95 baht a pint all day.....this has been introduced 15 hours ago according to the post on Facebook, but at the top of the page, it also says happy hour monday to friday until 6pm, as I quoted before.

If they re responding already to criticisms of high prices, then good......but if they really are going to sell Leo for 95 baht a pint all the time, then I would hazard a guess that they arent going to sell very much draft Tiger, draft Singha, draft Chang......all selling at 150 baht a pint ??!!

Agreed, the Facebook page now says draft Leo 95 baht a pint all day.....this has been introduced 15 hours ago according to the post on Facebook, but at the top of the page, it also says happy hour monday to friday until 6pm, as I quoted before.

If they re responding already to criticisms of high prices, then good......but if they really are going to sell Leo for 95 baht a pint all the time, then I would hazard a guess that they arent going to sell very much draft Tiger, draft Singha, draft Chang......all selling at 150 baht a pint ??!!

The sign out the front says "all the sports all the time" as well. And that's not true, not yet anyway.

• Like 1

95 + 17.7%.....50 including tax would almost attract my interest. Beers were 1 USD at the Beijing AIrport last Fall.

I noticed on their facebook page they added buy 2 Chiang Export beers and get 1 free but they didn't say what the price of a bottle of Chiang Export beer is. Anyone know if these are large bottles and what the price per bottle is?

Also, you would think with all the money they have already spent they would have made sure they had a professionally done website up and running but when you enter thegamechiangmai.com it goes to the Bangkok website. Not a good start to say the least.