Thai Hotel Association believes junta's beach crackdown will lure tourists back

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as usual publicity stunt, last week i did read an article in a phuket newspaper that we can not quote here.

The jet ski mafia are back on the beach. If the army ban them again, the mafia told the journalist, they will have to turn to another

criminal activity, because they cant stay unemployed.....blink.png

• Like 2

Let the bars open until 4am. Then protect and serve the tourist during this time. Thailand will have so much more money they will be able to improve infrasturture to a more modern country. The train really needs updated!

• Like 1

It will take a lot more proactive initiatives from the NCPO to lure back the tourists to LOS.

OK a few of the beaches, in a few places, have been cleaned up a little, but in the overall scheme of things, this a a paltry attempt so far at luring back the the tourists here.

Even if things do not revert back to the status quo, there are still so many issues to confront, which will keep the General and his guys busy for the next 5 years

Patong beach more beautiful than beaches in Hawaii? Someone's been sipping the kool-aid.

Yes, false pride speaks volumes. False pride without any knowledge or wisdom to back it up, speak even louder, and even less clearly. No doubt these beaches would improve with some discipline. The kind that has been lacking for DECADES. Any positive change is welcome. But, enforcement is necessary, or what really changes?

How you restore the confidence of tourists when at the same time at the floating market foreign tourist officially have to pay 2.5 times the price Thais have to pay? Does the new constitution will have a section which guarantees the superiority of the natives over all other humans? Human rights Thai style?

Tight Wad.

"Patong beach now seems more beautiful than beaches in Hawaii in the US, while Hua Hin has now become more upmarket and looks costly," Prakit said.

This bloke certainly doesn't travel very much...

i'm sure that lad can not even point Hawaii on a world map !

cheesy.gifbiggrin.pngtongue.pnglaugh.pngsmile.pngwhistling.gifwhistling.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

One example. Pattaya/Jomptien, the revenue they collect, they have masses of resources, apart from late night bin collection, and the few that bother to sweep the roads-----where are the permanent beach workers constantly cleaning the beach ??? What they do is tell the chair venders to do it.

SOME deck chair owners rake up into piles, the tide comes in and washes the dung back into the sea. OR where there are no chairs the rubbish is static on the beach and flow into the water and back on the beach.

This attitude from City hall----keenyow---tightfisted -Scrooges. The sand here is not white, the sea is not blue, ok we cannot replace these, but for god sake spend and have beach teams caring, then you have customers.

Cette image est tellement drôle. Soldiers "rétablir l'ordre" en enlevant des chaises longues!

it is the reflection that I have given​​. And more every military wears a deck chair when he could carry at least three at a time.
Eh! Well, Those are toy guns they should wear when they are at attention within the sentry boxes. cheesy.gif

How you restore the confidence of tourists when at the same time at the floating market foreign tourist officially have to pay 2.5 times the price Thais have to pay? Does the new constitution will have a section which guarantees the superiority of the natives over all other humans? Human rights Thai style?

Yeah, it’s same in most countries. I guess they figure that citizen’s have special rights over tourists as it’s their country.

Edited by fullcave

I don't get it. Why am I meant to sit on a beach with out a chair, umbrella and small table? Answer I will not, I will get sun burnt, be uncomfortable in the extreme and have no place to put the ice and drinks.

As for the food, where is that?

We usually stay at the same seaside town, use the same beach vendor and they take special care of us, maybe everyone, but because of their good service we always return. They clean the beach, as it is in their interests to do so.

I am really confused, can anyone explain as I do not wish to drive miles to find the beach I love has become a photo opportunity, empty of any facilities!

• Like 1

Foreign tourists are not staying away from Thailand because of scams and beach shacks -- those things are to be expected in Southeast Asia. They're staying away because the country is currently governed by a military junta, and because the visa rules have suddenly become extremely unclear.

• Like 2