Guys that had Filipina girls here on ED Visas, what to do now?

I recently heard that ED Visas have much stricter rules now, and can only last for a very short time, about 8 to 10 months.

For guys that have had Filipina girls here on ED visas, what is the way to do have a foreign girl stay here long term now?

(No degree, so she can't get a work permit)

What are the rules now for back to back visa runs?

I'm on a retirement visa - not that I am in any rush to get married, but if you are on a retirement visa, and marry a foreign girl, does she also receive a one year visa?

I recently heard that ED Visas have much stricter rules now, and can only last for a very short time, about 8 to 10 months.

For guys that have had Filipina girls here on ED visas, what is the way to do have a foreign girl stay here long term now?

There is no "way". She can continue being on ED extension of stay.

There are no changes. Repeated visa exempt entries is not allowed.

I'm on a retirement visa - not that I am in any rush to get married, but if you are on a retirement visa, and marry a foreign girl, does she also receive a one year visa?

An one year extension of stay, not a visa.

OK, so I am on a one year extension of stay. If I marry a foreign girl, does that also put her on a one year extension of stay?

OK, so I am on a one year extension of stay. If I marry a foreign girl, does that also put her on a one year extension of stay?

Yes, the requirement is that she originally entered on a non-immigrant visa.

Hi,

this is my storie :

I'm arrived in thailand in april 2014 with the 30 days exempt visa, and after apply for the student visa in laos where i get it. Normally i have to extend this visa at immigration but one mistake happen with my visa because my school don't ask me (and i also don't know i have to give her this copy) for the photocopy of my passport with the ED visa after back from laos and for extend this visa 3 month later. They normally give me some document for do it.. so that mean i loose my ED visa and now im in cambodia and back tomorow for 30 days exmpt visa. Tomrow my school will process for a new document for do ED visa in 30 days when i have to go out of the countri.

That is my question :

What is about the new rules for get student visa (requierements, etc..) ?

For apply the student visa still be 2 working days for get it in laos ?

Where is the place more easier for get ED visa ?

Please help me wai2.gif

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

this is my storie :

I'm arrived in thailand in april 2014 with the 30 days exempt visa, and after apply for the student visa in laos where i get it. Normally i have to extend this visa at immigration but one mistake happen with my visa because my school don't ask me (and i also don't know i have to give her this copy) for the photocopy of my passport with the ED visa after back from laos and for extend this visa 3 month later. They normally give me some document for do it.. so that mean i loose my ED visa and now im in cambodia and back tomorow for 30 days exmpt visa. Tomrow my school will process for a new document for do ED visa in 30 days when i have to go out of the countri.

That is my question :

What is about the new rules for get student visa (requierements, etc..) ?

For apply the student visa still be 2 working days for get it in laos ?

Where is the place more easier for get ED visa ?

Please help me wai2.gif

Thank you in advance.

You should have opened a new thread, as this has nothing to do with Guys and Filipinas.

The new rule is that with ED you pay Bt, 1,900 every 90 days at immigration for extensions, after one year you go out of the country to get a new visa again.

In Laos you can go to Vientane or Savannakhet, the latter is same day service and there is less people.

• Like 2

Yes, the requirement is that she originally entered on a non-immigrant visa.

If you have a wife she can piggy back on your extension of stay as a dependant, as Paz says she has to enter on a non-o visa and then you can go to immigration with the proper paper work and apply

If I am not mistaken a 500,000 baht, 5 year Thai Elite visa for the GF would allow her to stay. This might even be cheaper than the consequences that often follow a marriage.

Awesome! This visa seems to the answer to any difficulty. I am not criticising Richard he solved the dilemma with minutes.

I told someone tonight that I was considering this option and he wants to go with me to get one too.

• Like 2

As stated if on a retirement (most any in fact) extension of stay a wife can obtain a matching extension of stay each year using same TM.7 form and proof of marriage and spouse extension. First application requires a non immigrant visa entry so this is obtained from a Consulate with marriage and extension proof.

The 500k Elite Card option is a viable option for many and am sure it would be most attractive to someone not putting up the cash - but suspect could result in some tear shedding for those out the cash and GF.whistling.gif

If I am not mistaken a 500,000 baht, 5 year Thai Elite visa for the GF would allow her to stay. This might even be cheaper than the consequences that often follow a marriage.

lol funny (the part where you say "might" be cheaper) thumbsup.gif

What about Asean 2015? Isn't that supposed to change the situation for Filipinos in Thailand?

Nothing will be no change when the AEC goes into effect.

There are only provisions for a handful of professions to be able to find work here easier.

Skyrider are you saying if you don't have a degree of any kind you can't have a work permit no matter what job u apply for.Can anyone tell me if thats a fact?

In general a degree is not required. But for some jobs the requirement is the appropriete license to practise that job. Think about a doctor or a nurse, or teachers for certain kind of schools. The license requirement can dictate that a degree is required, as it does in the case of some teachers.

For some positions it goes with the job. You can't be a doctor or a lawyer without having a degree. But you can be a legal adviser without a degree, in that case the labour office can still have work experience requirements.

What about Asean 2015? Isn't that supposed to change the situation for Filipinos in Thailand?

Nothing will be no change when the AEC goes into effect.

There are only provisions for a handful of professions to be able to find work here easier.

Actually Joe, that's not entirely true. There are a handful of Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRAs) but each one come with a different number of jobs. For example, the MRA-TP (Tourism Professionals) has 32 jobs associated with it. The MRA for doctors and nurses includes whatever jobs there are for doctors and nurses such as chiropractor or pediatrician.

Also, the ASEAN Framework Agreement in Services (AFAS) covers all service type jobs listed in in the WTO's Services Sectoral Classification List. (Click here)

• Business and professional services
    • Accountancy services
    • Advertising services
    • Architectural and engineering services
    • Computer and related services
    • Legal services
  • Communication services
    • Audiovisual services
    • Postal and courier, express mail services
    • Telecommunications
    • Construction and related services
  • Distribution services
  • Educational services
  • Energy services
  • Environmental services
  • Financial services
  • Health and social services
  • Tourism services
  • Transport services
    • Air transport
    • Land transport
    • Maritime transport
    • Services auxiliary to all modes of transport

As you can see, literally hundreds, if not thousands of jobs are included in AFAS. To date, there have been 8 rounds of negotiations where ASEAN trade in services have been liberalized. During the last round, equity participation of business ownership of some service industries was increased upto 70% ASEAN foreigner / 30%Thai citizen. This is already in effect and does not have to wait for 2015.

All of this information is downloadable from the ASEAN website www.asean.org. If you would like specific information about a particular service job, please let me know. I will look for you.

Awesome! This visa seems to the answer to any difficulty. I am not criticising Richard he solved the dilemma with minutes.

I told someone tonight that I was considering this option and he wants to go with me to get one too.

Since you are labeled as a "Suspicious and Cynical Member," you should be aware that sarcasm generally flies over the heads of the well-populated Forrest Gump faction here at TV.

I think if you bring along two friends you get a 10% discount and a coupon good for a free foot massage from a Norwegian chiropractor in Pattaya.

LMAO!!! UUU GUYS ARE HILARIOUS!! LETS START A T.V. SHOW THE FUNNY FARANGS SHOW!!! WOOHOO ROTFLMAAO!!

I brought my filipina girlfriend here on an Ed visa in March 2013. We got married here in Aug 2013.

When her Ed visa was ready to expire I had her added on my retirement visa.

Best to use a reputable visa agency to handle the immigration paperwork.

As easy as 1-2-3.

(1) Provide documents to the visa agency

(2) pay the fees

(3) About 1-2 weeks later pick up passport with visa inserted.

Not difficult at all.

A one year temporary extension of stay based on studies of the Thai language, provided the studies are not in a university, will, from the 29th of August, be given for a period of 90 days only; the maximum stay in Thailand can, furthermore, not exceed on year from the first entry.

Anyone who has a Filipina girl friend, and staying in Thailand on a one year temporary extension of stay, can always marry their girfriend and the woman can then apply for a one year extension of stay based on being married to a foreigner on such a stay.

Skyrider are you saying if you don't have a degree of any kind you can't have a work permit no matter what job u apply for.Can anyone tell me if thats a fact?

Not a fact. Totally incorrect.

A work permit is obtainable without a degree.

Move to The Philippines. Problem solved.

Seriously I would move in a heartbeat if I could. But to each their own I guess.

Yes but after moving to the Philippines the OP would miss out on visa postings because in all of my 8 years + there I never heard anyone ever talking about a visa problem. So easy to get in there and to renew the visa for one, two or six months that it's simply not something expats ever talk about.