is stickman right?.

silomplaya

Just flicking througb bkkstickmans posts about south east asia and im also seeing increasing criticism about hot spots such as nana plaza, patts and patong on TV. Already located in shanghai im rethinking the big move to LOS as im still a novelty here and its not uncommon to have a semi clad lady pouring me a buffett of free booze just for been a "cool" foreigner.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take 90% of what's said on any blog or message board about Thailand when it comes to those type of areas with a huge pinch of salt

Most people are part of the ," it's not as good as it used to be" brigade. What they are really saying is, "look how long I have been here, I want attention"

I still really enjoy these places mate. The dynamics have never really changed. You can get drunk and find a good woman easily if you are patient.

Edited by Franky Bear
  • Like 1

Strolled thru PatPong last night. It is on its last leggs. A lot of the stalls werent even set up for business at 8pm. A lot of empty retail spaces. Not to mention a lot of Rough looking girls on the stages in plain view.

I wonder if all the bad publicity about PPs infamous upstairs rip-off bars had an effect.

Nana plaza seems to be going strong.

What posts are you talking about? Stickman doesn't post on Thai Visa does he?

No i mean stickmans website+random thaivisa members posts , sorry.

Stickman got that way when his wife left him. Same thing on Thai Visa. Cherchez la femme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherchez_la_femme

Anyone care to explain, what exactly happened?

His wife used to write a column about fairy tale angelic Thai women and he wrote a column about nightlife. He was a teacher and also a large part of his site devoted to teaching in Thailand. About 8 years ago INTERNET dating scams became big business and thousands of scammed men with computers got turned loose on the Thai centric websites for revenge and most Thai blogs took a negative turn downhill. At first the blog owners loved all the clicks but then realized they were losing tourism to the very negative clickers they first encouraged and Western expat tourism in Thailand was replaced with Chinese people on buses.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

Stickman got that way when his wife left him. Same thing on Thai Visa. Cherchez la femme http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherchez_la_femme

Anyone care to explain, what exactly happened?

His wife used to write a column about fairy tale angelic Thai women and he wrote a column about nightlife. He was a teacher and also a large part of his site devoted to teaching in Thailand. About 8 years ago INTERNET dating scams became big business and thousands of scammed men with computers got turned loose on the Thai centric websites for revenge and most Thai blogs took a negative turn downhill. At first the blog owners loved all the clicks but then realized they were losing tourism to the very negative clickers they first encouraged and Western expat tourism in Thailand was replaced with Chinese people on buses.

Ahh I see, understood, now that his wife left him, that's a chunk of the content gone plus the negative sentiment on his website, plus I assume writing about bus loads of Chinese tourists isn't going to get viewers

Ahh I see, understood, now that his wife left him, that's a chunk of the content gone plus the negative sentiment on his website, plus I assume writing about bus loads of Chinese tourists isn't going to get viewers

The wife's content was actually quite silly and had little to do with the reality of day to day life with a Thai woman. I think it was his attitude that suffered more than his content. I don't think he had much experience with women. Bar woman maybe but not regular ladies.

When my first three wives left me I was shocked after that I got kind of used to it and came to Thailand. These INTERNET Romeos are a different breed of dufuses. Naive to the tenth power would be being generous. They give a Thai woman a house and cash and leave her alone 6 months a year. facepalm.gif

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I think you mean LOS is still a novelty.

Not you.

You're just another barfly.

Who are you writing to? The idea is to use the quote button. So who said LOS is still a novelty?

I mostly drink vegetable juice because of a heart condition so I hope you are not calling me a barfly? Not that I wouldn't like to be but it's been years and years.

I think you mean LOS is still a novelty.

Not you.

You're just another barfly.

Who are you writing to? The idea is to use the quote button. So who said LOS is still a novelty?

I mostly drink vegetable juice because of a heart condition so I hope you are not calling me a barfly? Not that I wouldn't like to be but it's been years and years.

Not talking to you.

The op, the guy who thinks he is a novelty in Thailand for some reason but I'm not sure why.

15 million tourists visit Thailand each year, at least 4 million of them stay in Bangkok and visit bars, but he's a novelty.

Those bar girls must make him feel special I suppose.

I haven't read Stickman for probably more then 3 years.

I do remember his photography ... kind of enjoyed that side of the site.

BTW ... I have no idea what the OP is supposed to mean.

Can someone translate it for me?

Thanks ...

I haven't read Stickman for probably more then 3 years.

I do remember his photography ... kind of enjoyed that side of the site.

BTW ... I have no idea what the OP is supposed to mean.

Can someone translate it for me?

Thanks ...

He thinks he's a novelty in Nana Plaza.

Long story short.

The op, the guy who thinks he is a novelty in Thailand for some reason but I'm not sure why.

The OP's claim is that as a foreigner, he's still a novelty in Shanghai- a status he would forfeit if he moved back to LOS.

May well be true, depending on what part of Shanghai he's in.

• Like 2

The OP's claim is that as a foreigner, he's still a novelty in Shanghai- a status he would forfeit if he moved back to LOS.

That's the way I read it.

That's the way I read it.

Ahh, ok, some clarity.

Shanghai nights it is then.

Are you in Shanghai? You'll get better quality women by a country mile there. Stay where you are - you will be dropping a couple of divisions coming to Thailand.

And don't listen to the merry half-wits on this website - they haven't experienced a night with a genuine Chinese lady.

Do they have "made in China" stamped on their backsides? otherwise , how will I know?

I think the OP is living a delusion.

Firstly, the Thailand adult entertainments industries, such as bars, are not in your face in Thailand, as the western media likes to portray. It`s only there for those who go looking for it. It is possible to live here without ever seeing the more sordid side of the country, the same as anywhere else in the world.

“Semi clad lady pouring me a buffet of free booze just for been a "cool" foreigner.”

Again another delusion. This may have been the case back in the Jurassic period but does not pertain today. Social has become one of the most expensive pass times in Thailand. Sorry, but there are no scantily clad beauties who ambitions are to serve the desires of white men for free.

My advice to the OP is; if the bar and adult entertainments scenes are a part of what is important in his considerations of which countries to live, than best to just visit Thailand for vacations rather than live here for the long term.

much easier to find a rich hi so chinese wifey in shanghai too , in a clubs cloak room they let me in front and giggle all shy like .

also drink prices in clubs are around equal too as i read its around 200 baht for a carona in good clubs across thailand these days,is that true??

• Like 1

The wife's content was actually quite silly and had little to do with the reality of day to day life with a Thai woman. I think it was his attitude that suffered more than his content. I don't think he had much experience with women. Bar woman maybe but not regular ladies.

When my first three wives left me I was shocked after that I got kind of used to it and came to Thailand. These INTERNET Romeos are a different breed of dufuses. Naive to the tenth power would be being generous. They give a Thai woman a house and cash and leave her alone 6 months a year. facepalm.gif

You've were married three times before you came to Thailand for your fourth, and you're calling these guys naive?

It's a American baseball thing. Three strikes and you're out. Everybody gets three strikes. I gave Western women three chances. So, no I am not naive. After three marriages and three divorces I heard all the sick buffalo (go into business with my brother in law and don't worry about the deed to this property it's family) stories before I came to Thailand to retire.

much easier to find a rich hi so chinese wifey in shanghai too , in a clubs cloak room they let me in front and giggle all shy like .

also drink prices in clubs are around equal too as i read its around 200 baht for a carona in good clubs across thailand these days,is that true??

You have nailed it dude. Thai Visa is the place to come to find out about hi so Chinese women in Shanghai. Why didn't you say that was your topic in the beginning. We didn't know you was an expert.

In response to the OP, if my paycheck got mailed to China instead of Bangkok, I'd go back in a New York minute.

There would be things I'd miss about Thailand, but not as many things as I miss about China since I moved to BKK.

My be different if I could live in the sticks or on the beach, but that's just not practical working downtown.

Full disclosure: living there is an acquired taste. The first couple of years was pretty iffy, until I adjusted my activities to match what was available. Now, I miss it quite a bit. BKK was an easy adjustment, but it gets old instead of growing on me like China did...

Edited by impulse

this is by no way means as an insult but

If you've done you 'till death do us part' vowel three tomes, and ot hasn't worked out, then maybe you are an extremely poor judge of character, or you aren't meant for marriage

Is it just me ... or is this getting just a touch weird ... blink.png

Is it just me ... or is this getting just a touch weird ... blink.png

Just you.....this thread was weird from the start.....