Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

I see Obama is in the UK and visited Stonehenge, apparently he wanted to see what real stones looked like.

I don't get it. A while ago Mick Jagger did a performance for the prez and friends. He's a real stone, isn't he?

Incidentally, the most recent Nat'l Geographic has a spread on some amazing neolithic stone structures on Orkney islands, north of Scotland. They're thought to pre-date Stonehenge by 2,500 years.

Ignorance is no fault of the ignorant, and can be dealt with by education. Which is what I and others have attempted to do in this and similar topics.

That's a lot nicer than I would have put it. Ignorance, by Muslim extremists, is studiously abided by. I don't think it's genetic, unless they've inherited dogmatic genes. I don't make excuses for drunks or people who insist on being ignorant.

As for lack of education: I knew a young hill tribe gal who had grown up in Burma village, everything built from bamboo and thatch. Not a wire or transistor or magazine in the whole place until a decade ago. She has zero schooling. Now she speaks German, English, Thai, as well as Burmese and Akha, and is doing great with her new family in Switzerland. She went from mud-between the toes poverty to attending art gallery openings. Now take a look at Muslim women: Their heads are in sand dunes, with a Q'ran shouting men's feet on top - keeping her down.

I can understand what the unmovable object is, however the irresistible force is nowhere in sight.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost 650 replies and over 10K views on this thread. What ever you believe / decide about the title of the thread, it's certainly got a lot of people discussing it and thinking about it. If this thread had been 3 or 4 years ago, I think it would have fizzled out after 10 or 20 replies. Think of that what you will ?

However, in fairness to both sides of the discussion, there have been some good contributions and points of view thrown out there. If nothing else, it has enabled the " yey's n the ney's " to at least read and ponder alternative views. In an ironic sort of way, I feel that the quality of posts ( doesn't mean we have to agree with them ) - but IMO the overall quality has been much better than if this thread had been tabled in UK - which might slap a few faces to those that think only the sexpats head for Thailand !

The irony being that many of those complaining as to how much attention this issue is getting are themselves seemingly obsessed with the conduct of a tiny democracy called Israel. Coming to think of it in a wider sphere the OIC through the UN pedal the same agenda whilst trying to muzzle criticism of Islam using blasphemy laws.

In spite of their efforts it would seem the cat is out of the bag, though one did get decapitated in London recently.

• Like 1

Not just a thousand years ago.

From February of this year: Report Details Atrocities in Central African Republic

On Jan. 8, a man named Soba Tibati was sitting on a straw mat under a tree outside of his familys hut in a small town called Boyali in the Central African Republic.

Suddenly, Christian militias, known as anti-balaka, showed up and attacked. They decapitated Soba Tibati and killed 12 members of his family, among them a baby girl.

Just one example of present day Christian terrorism, it's easy to find many more.

Of course, atrocities by one group of religious fanatics do not excuse those by a different group.

Dear oh dear...you searched high...you searched low...from the frozen wastes of the arctic...to the steaming jungles of the equator and the burning deserts of Africa.

...and finally you found it...in a little village in the middle of nowhere...'christian terrorists'.......now you can proudly point at it and tell us christians are as murderous as Islam.

Nice try...but I would expect that from self-hating, anti-West ,anti-christian liberals.

Your 30 pieces of silver are in the mail.

And then there's that hate manual Jains fighting ships to consider. :)
Edited by Steely Dan

Not just a thousand years ago.

From February of this year: Report Details Atrocities in Central African Republic

On Jan. 8, a man named Soba Tibati was sitting on a straw mat under a tree outside of his familys hut in a small town called Boyali in the Central African Republic.

Suddenly, Christian militias, known as anti-balaka, showed up and attacked. They decapitated Soba Tibati and killed 12 members of his family, among them a baby girl.

Just one example of present day Christian terrorism, it's easy to find many more.

Of course, atrocities by one group of religious fanatics do not excuse those by a different group.

Dear oh dear...you searched high...you searched low...from the frozen wastes of the arctic...to the steaming jungles of the equator and the burning deserts of Africa.

...and finally you found it...in a little village in the middle of nowhere...'christian terrorists'.......now you can proudly point at it and tell us christians are as murderous as Islam.

Nice try...but I would expect that from self-hating, anti-West ,anti-christian liberals.

Your 30 pieces of silver are in the mail.

You guys crack me up. When somebody puts the argument to you that huge numbers of people have been murdered in the name of Christianity, your reply is to say that argument is the first line of defense of an apologist and/or that it must have been a long search to come up with that evidence, you're too funny. We understand that you will only accept that your thinking is correct and nothing else matters, any and all evidence that points to the contrary can be summarily dismissed and the poster ridiculed, cool, not!

• Like 2

My experience when discussing this issue with Muslim friends and work colleagues is the opposite of yours, Credo.

They sometimes go to great lengths to show that such violence is against Islam, and never try to justify or excuse it.

No doubt some here, not you, will now say that they are brainwashing me and have succeeded!

Jihad 1 - When out numbered play the victim

Edited by Mosha

The problem with silent Muslims is the world is watching. With every act of violence left unanswered, western weakness grows. With every citation of ahadith and sura that is unanswered, jihadi strength grows.....

Except, as has been repeatedly shown, Muslims are not silent. Many, ordinary people in the street, their Imams and representatives and leaders, have spoken and condemned the jihadists.

But some dismiss such condemnation as lies as it interferes with their prejudice!

I hope you are not such.

Sorry! 7x7, this has not been the case in Rotherham, with the exception of a few, the Muslim community have been very quite. Maybe you can explain why.

Relevant trivia, maybe:

In Rotherham there are 4 churches and 8 mosques

In Barnsley, there are 8 churches and 11 mosques,

if Yahoo is to be believed.

The problem with silent Muslims is the world is watching. With every act of violence left unanswered, western weakness grows. With every citation of ahadith and sura that is unanswered, jihadi strength grows.....

Except, as has been repeatedly shown, Muslims are not silent. Many, ordinary people in the street, their Imams and representatives and leaders, have spoken and condemned the jihadists.

But some dismiss such condemnation as lies as it interferes with their prejudice!

I hope you are not such.

Sorry! 7x7, this has not been the case in Rotherham, with the exception of a few, the Muslim community have been very quite. Maybe you can explain why.

Relevant trivia, maybe:

CM

How many " Other Denomination " churches are there in the Arabic Middle east ?

How many mosques are there in the UK alone ?

When you work out the answer, it will provide you with a very BIG clue

• Like 1

Relevant trivia, maybe:

CM

Churches in the UK = 14,500

Mosques in the UK = 1,600

If Yahoo is to be believed. But hey, why are you asking me to do your research, you can Google these things just like I can!

Churches in the ME? Dunno, but I do know there's a bunch of Christian churches very near to where I live in Chiang Mai!

Relevant trivia, maybe:

CM

If Yahoo is to be believed. But hey, why are you asking me to do your research, you can Google these things just like I can!

Churches in the ME? Dunno, but I do know there's a bunch of Christian churches very near to where I live in Chiang Mai!

LOL. Why yes. Christian churches just all over the Middle East! And more popping up all the time. How convenient that's the one thing you dunno... (What the heck does CM have to do with it, anyway? Is there a Buddhist jihad or something ramping up there?

• Like 1

LOL. Why yes. Christian churches just all over the Middle East! And more popping up all the time. How convenient that's the one thing you dunno... (What the heck does CM have to do with it, anyway? Is there a Buddhist jihad or something ramping up there?

Hmmm, the herd is massing, I can tell, Woof!

Edited by chiang mai

Does Great Britain have a problem with Islamic extremists. My answer is a resounding...Yes,

Yet the liberals still have the nerve to try and belittle the problem, that attitudes like their have helped to create, by unsuccessfully attempting to smear other 'groups' individuals and religions with the same brush.

Edited by jacky54

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com

An interesting read and kind of puts things in perspective. Almost 24,000 deadly terror attacks SINCE 9/11!!

Still, I am sure they will find a way to deflect and justify this!

But this is a 'bigoted, racist islamophobic' site mate, we can't let the facts get in the way of some good excuses and apologies now can we!

• Like 1

What an absolutely pathetic reply. So typical of the apologist liberal left. Unable to answer the questions, get stifled by overwhelming evidence and run out of arguments so resort to childish prattle.
  • Like 1

An interesting read and kind of puts things in perspective. Almost 24,000 deadly terror attacks SINCE 9/11!!

But this is a 'bigoted, racist islamophobic' site mate, we can't let the facts get in the way of some good excuses and apologies now can we!

Nooooooooo, only a couple here defend the source of the murder of the innocent.......sad.png

• Like 1

• There are many more Mosques in the UK than recorded as Islamic community centres and social centres, many paid for by local authorities also double as mosques as a way around planning laws. Meanwhile, whatever happened to Islamic tolerance of other religions in the home of Islam? from Wikipedia, not exactly celebrating diversity there are they?

Churches[edit]

Currently there are no official churches in Saudi Arabia of any Christian denomination.[3] The small number of Saudi Arabian Christians meets in internet chat rooms and private meetings.[3]ForeignChristians may meet at church meetings held at one of several embassies after registering and showing their passport to prove foreign nationality, or by private assemblies in school gyms located in gated communities on Aramco grounds. They can also hold services in each other's houses- (and be subject to Police raids and charges, my addition)

Edited by jacky54
  • Like 1

http://www.thereligionofpeace.comrolleyes.gif

Nooooooooo, only a couple here defend the source of the murder of the innocent.......sad.png

Actually think it's three, a 'minority' right, so according to them they must be wrong!rolleyes.gif

I hope you are not such.

I will say it over and over until people really begin to watch and see for themselves: Muslims speak in two worlds, one for non-muslims and a voice to muslims. Let me give an example which perhaps supports 7x7:

Recently, leading British muslims have issued a fatwa condemning those who serve ISIS. Wow! This is really a positive development, isn't it?

http://www.quilliamfoundation.org/in-the-media/the-sunday-times-front-page-coverage-of-anti-is-fatwa-authored-by-dr-usama-hasan/

Fatwas religiously prohibit; they do not morally suggest, condone, or condemn. Fatwas are usually supported with reference to the religious prohibition. This fatwa seemingly says everything that people like me wish to see more of. I remain hopeful but dubious for a very good reason. A fatwa that has no religious citation is not worth the paper it is written on. Few muslims will adhere to a fatwa where an opposing fatwa cites authority. This fatwa only asserts the western moral outrage for what ISIS is doing. There is little in this fatwa to be binding.

Again, it is common parlance to say something to one audience and another to your own. Regrettably, ISIS cites authority for nearly all they do, and it is shockingly valid. This fatwa is one more that enters the fray in the "fatwa wars" and this one has little religious standing, per se.

http://counterjihadreport.com/tag/fatwa/

• Like 2

Here is an interview with the mouthpiece that is Anjem Choudary. That overtly nice chap that amongst other things organised the reception parties for dead Serviceman returning from the Gan.

Read it and weep.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/07/anjem-choudary-islamic-state-isis?guni=Keyword:news-grid%20main-1%20Main%20trailblock:Editable%20trailblock%20-%20news:Position5

That looks like an authoritative and globally recognized media source, what was its name again!

You see this is the major problem wit the internet today, people learn how to surf and comment, long before they learn how to read and comprehend what they find.

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 2

What an absolutely pathetic reply. So typical of the apologist liberal left. Unable to answer the questions, get stifled by overwhelming evidence and run out of arguments so resort to childish prattle.

A new lead dog emerges, woof woof!

Remind me again, what was the question and where is the evidence of what?