Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BBC- The Times is reporting that a disillusioned froup of Jihadists want to return to the UK. They are prepared to go through a deradicalistion process. Well guys, you made your bed, lie in it.

Wrong way to look at it Mosh. Get 'em back and get 'em telling all the other kiddie's how awful it was and how Jihad is BS.

• Like 2

BBC- The Times is reporting that a disillusioned froup of Jihadists want to return to the UK. They are prepared to go through a deradicalistion process. Well guys, you made your bed, lie in it.

Wrong way to look at it Mosh. Get 'em back and get 'em telling all the other kiddie's how awful it was and how Jihad is BS.

I would prefer they dished out the same medicine they imposed on ordinary folk to them. These folk went out there to kill folk, no question, they knew it, we know it.

• Like 1

I would prefer they dished out the same medicine they imposed on ordinary folk to them. These folk went out there to kill folk, no question, they knew it, we know it.

Short sighted T. You need to kill the idea and not the man.

I've no problem with any religion so long as it's peaceful and I've no problem with any immigrant so long as they live in our society, by our laws and share our values (the better ones, not the values on Jeremy Kyle).

• Like 1

Short sighted T. You need to kill the idea and not the man.

I've no problem with any religion so long as it's peaceful and I've no problem with any immigrant so long as they live in our society, by our laws and share our values (the better ones, not the values on Jeremy Kyle).

My post regards folk from the UK getting on a plane, do their stuff with killers, get back on a plane to come back and shop in M&S.

I am disgusted that anyone would burn a poppy; a symbol of the men who died or were crippled fighting for our freedom in both world wars and since; including several hundred thousand Muslims; all volunteers.

I am also disgusted by vandals; including those who painted a poppy on a mosque and those who painted Islamic extremeist slogans on a war memorial and those who paint their infantile 'tags' anywhere they feel like it.

As we are getting into disgusted of Tunbridge Wells territory I am disgusted by Muslim patrols, sharia courts in the UK, child marriages, honor killings, hate preachers, segregation, public burka wearing, jihadists, and most of all paedophiles from a certain community.

Aren't we all?

For your information, all the things you list, apart from wearing a burka in public and segregation, are crimes, and those who commit them, whatever their race or religion, should be, and when caught are, subject to the full force of the law.

Burka wearing? We have freedoms in the UK; including freedom of dress. Freedoms you seem to want to destroy. Destroy for all, or just members of what you call 'a certain community?'

Segregation? Do you object to schools which only take Catholics, or C of E or Jews? Do you object to single sex schools? How about single sexed toilets; changing rooms in gyms, swimming pools, clothes shops etc.?

These are the only regularly practised forms of public segregation in the UK that I can think of; maybe you can provide more examples.

Note the word 'public.'

Burka wearing? We have freedoms in the UK; including freedom of dress. Freedoms you seem to want to destroy. Destroy for all, or just members of what you call 'a certain community?'

The point is special laws catering for certain groups. Walk into a bank in most western countries with a full face motorcycle helmet on and you will be quickly told to leave by the guards. These laws are there to stop criminal from hiding their faces. Walk in with a Burka completely covering your face and your good to go.

They thought they could go raping and pillaging and were disillusioned when they found out what a shit hole the ME really is. F em, they should be let back, tried for treason and locked away in a solitary hole for the rest of their meaningless lives.

But they thought Gitmo was a new Playstation game.

I don't have much faith in a deradicalization process devised by a government so asleep at the wheel that it has allowed extremism to be spread in almost 50% of the Country's Mosques.

It's another tool in our limited armoury. Imagine you've got a load of Jihad-veterans (misguided kids) going around all the schools and mosques saying it's all BS and not cool and wotnot.

I mean what does it achieve in bumping them off when you can use them?

• Like 1

I don't have much faith in a deradicalization process devised by a government so asleep at the wheel that it has allowed extremism to be spread in almost 50% of the Country's Mosques.

It's another tool in our limited armoury. Imagine you've got a load of Jihad-veterans (misguided kids) going around all the schools and mosques saying it's all BS and not cool and wotnot.

I mean what does it achieve in bumping them off when you can use them?

I understand your point of view but the quickest solution is to kill the ideology, to do this have all the main schools of Islamic jurisprudence issue a fatwa proclaiming the Koran is not the literal word of Allah, what it really means is the same as Ahmadi Muslims understand it, possibly with the exception of having an extra prophet.

We could indeed use the disillusioned, give them a backpack and tell them to deliver it to whoever taught them in the first place.

• Like 1

^^ Dan, ultimately the only people who can sort this problem out are Muslims. Unless of course they're all in on it and I'm still undecided on that one. I'm leaning towards, 'it's a worrying possibility'.

One of those good viruses needs to be introduced into their present belief system, you know, the sort of virus that kills cancer but not the patient . . . or the host.

• Like 1

When they return, and I think they should be allowed to, they should be thoroughly investigated and if they have committed a crime, then they should be charged with that crime.

If they are a naturalized citizen, then they should face the possibility of losing their citizenship and deportation.

If they're naturalised or dual national, they already face the possibility of losing British citizenship.

If they're British, born overseas, not dual national, not naturalised as British, and not registered as British, should anyone be allowed to employ them being confident that they won't be fined for employing an illegal worker? At present, persons fitting the above description need a British passport to assure an employer he won't be fined, and jihadis are currently likely to have their current passports confiscated by the government.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get real tough on Islamic fundamentalists. But does the UK government have the political and social courage to do that ? I guess we will wait and see in the near future.

There should be NO tolerance for either Islamic fundamentalists or fascist (white-power, etc.) groups. NO TOLERANCE.

No one denies that some mosques were teaching radical and extreme views, and some still are; but almost 50%?

Evidence, please; from a reputable source.

I am reasonably confident that British Civics Class Asks, What Would Muhammad Do? (from 2007) is a far more accurate description of what is taught in British mosques than your unfounded accusations.

The back and forth represented something new in Britain’s mosques: a government-financed effort to teach basic citizenship issues in a special curriculum intended to reach students who might be vulnerable to Islamic extremism.

Similar civics classes and other lessons and methods to counter extremism being propagated in mosques and elsewhere have since spread to many other mosques, as shown in Mosques Made in Britain, a report from the Quillam Foundation.

It is a lengthy (63 page) report, but I hope everyone has the patience to read it all.

Does Britain have a Jihad problem http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29068391 an 82 year old woman beheaded in her own garden, there obviously is a problem.

From the linked to report:

Det Ch Insp John Sandlin said: "I can understand why this may cause people concern, however we are confident that we are not looking for anyone else at this stage.

"Whilst it is too early to speculate on what the motive behind this attack was I am confident, based on the information currently available to me, that it is not terrorist related."

The motive of this man has yet to be discovered; but it does appear to have been random; particularly as he first attacked a cat!

Woman beheaded: Man who stabbed 82-year-old in Edmonton garden was seen attacking cat

As news of the killing emerged there were immediate fears it could have been a copycat or revenge attack for the beheadings of American journalists by Isis, but Scotland Yard said there was no suggestion that the attack was terror-related.

No one denies that some mosques were teaching radical and extreme views, and some still are; but almost 50%?

I am reasonably confident that British Civics Class Asks, What Would Muhammad Do? (from 2007) is a far more accurate description of what is taught in British mosques than your unfounded accusations.

The back and forth represented something new in Britain’s mosques: a government-financed effort to teach basic citizenship issues in a special curriculum intended to reach students who might be vulnerable to Islamic extremism.

Similar civics classes and other lessons and methods to counter extremism being propagated in mosques and elsewhere have since spread to many other mosques, as shown in Mosques Made in Britain, a report from the Quillam Foundation.

It is a lengthy (63 page) report, but I hope everyone has the patience to read it all.

Here you go, I exaggerated it's 45% of UK Mosques controlled by the radical Deobandi sect. Though I suspect no source will pass muster with you if you dislike the content.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9230671/who-runs-our-mosques/

Edited by Steely Dan
  • Like 2

Does Britain have a Jihad problem http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-29068391 an 82 year old woman beheaded in her own garden, there obviously is a problem.

From the linked to report:

Det Ch Insp John Sandlin said: "I can understand why this may cause people concern, however we are confident that we are not looking for anyone else at this stage.

"Whilst it is too early to speculate on what the motive behind this attack was I am confident, based on the information currently available to me, that it is not terrorist related."

The motive of this man has yet to be discovered; but it does appear to have been random; particularly as he first attacked a cat!

Woman beheaded: Man who stabbed 82-year-old in Edmonton garden was seen attacking cat

As news of the killing emerged there were immediate fears it could have been a copycat or revenge attack for the beheadings of American journalists by Isis, but Scotland Yard said there was no suggestion that the attack was terror-related.

Yea yea heard it a million times just an isolated incident could have been any religeon lets brush it under the carpet before we offenend the vaaaaaaaaast majority of the good, honest, salt of the earth patriotic British Muslims. The route of the problem is people like you apologists, there is a problem and it needs to be addressed in a pragmatic way, there should be no spetial considerations given to people because of which religeon they choose to beleive in.

• Like 2

ITV's dispatches have done at least 2 episodes on mosques preaching violence. The 1st the Midlands Police dismissed the allegations. Given the recent events coming out of Yorkshire, you have to wonder if this was to protect "community cohesion".

Sky fairies of any denomination should not be allowed in the classroom.

I agree, for state schools.

But if parents want to send their children to a privately funded (whether by fees or a charity) faith school then, provided that school meets OFSTED standards etc., that is a choice they should be allowed to make.

Can you enlighten me why your Avatar is 7by7 .......does this refer to 7/7 by any chance ??

Yea yea heard it a million times just an isolated incident could have been any religeon lets brush it under the carpet before we offenend the vaaaaaaaaast majority of the good, honest, salt of the earth patriotic British Muslims. The route of the problem is people like you apologists, there is a problem and it needs to be addressed in a pragmatic way, there should be no spetial considerations given to people because of which religeon they choose to beleive in.

What evidence do you have that the perpetrator of this horrendous crime is Muslim?

Even if he is, what evidence do you have that he killed this poor woman because he is a radicalised extremist jihadist out to kill an infidel?

Even if he were, why did he attack a cat first?

I do agree with your final comments.

"there is a problem and it needs to be addressed in a pragmatic way,"

See examples given above of how this is being done within the Muslim community, and further suggestions to carry on and improve on the work already being done.

"there should be no spetial (sic) considerations given to people because of which religion (sic) they choose to believe (sic) in."

To which I would add that there should be no prejudice directed toward them either.

Sky fairies of any denomination should not be allowed in the classroom.

I agree, for state schools.

But if parents want to send their children to a privately funded (whether by fees or a charity) faith school then, provided that school meets OFSTED standards etc., that is a choice they should be allowed to make.

Can you enlighten me why your Avatar is 7by7 .......does this refer to 7/7 by any chance ??

Your implied allegation is ridiculous and cretinous; a new low.

My user name is 7by7, my avatar is the cover of Space Ritual by Hawkwind.

If further explanation is necessary, Google is your friend.

• Like 1

What evidence do you have that the perpetrator of this horrendous crime is Muslim?

Even if he is, what evidence do you have that he killed this poor woman because he is a radicalised extremist jihadist out to kill an infidel?

The fact that neighbors said that they knew him and he had converted to Islam last year. If he is going around cutting off the head of old English ladies for nothing, it stands to reason that it had something to do with Jihad.

The fact that neighbors said that they knew him and he had converted to Islam last year. If he is going around cutting off the head of old English ladies for nothing, it stands to reason that it had something to do with Jihad.

Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know yet. That the Police didn't blow his head off means we may get to find out.