Does Britain have a jihadi problem?

webfact

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't claim Muslim violence is a reaction only to western foreign policy. When they have been based on violent expansionism from the start.

ditto for every major religion in world history.
not so, some examples (from oldest to newest):

Hinduism: The only religious wars they had were against invading Islamists. There were clashes with the British, but those were more territorial hassles than clashes of religions.

Buddhism: Have little history of war on religious issues. In recent times, there have been battles in Sri Lanka against (surprise!) Islamists.

Hebrew: Have had several campaigns historically, in the Middle East. Currently, there's the un-ending hassle with (guess who?) Islamists.

Christian: Granted, Crusades were several very bloody chapters. Their only big campaigns, in Europe and the M.East have been against Muslims. Exceptions: some ugly campaigns in the Americas against indigenous people, hundreds of years ago. Much of Christian battles have been between their sects in olde times, yet similar such internecine battles are what Muslims keep doing on in the present.

It's only the most recent major religion which has a history of bloody campaigns from its inception, end to end. Geographically, their campaigns have stretched across Europe and through much of Asia. Though with some robust competition from Christianity, Islam still stands head and shoulders above the others as a constantly warring religion.

• Like 2

No Britain does not have a jihadi problem ... it has an near insurrection problem... but the Brit Politically Correct liberal Muslim apologists will make certain nothing is done about it ... and will refuse to see the truth - even when it is thrown back in their faces....

http://pamelageller.com/2014/09/uk-muslima-want-camerons-head-spike.html/

• Like 2

No Britain does not have a jihadi problem ... it has an near insurrection problem... but the Brit Politically Correct liberal Muslim apologists will make certain nothing is done about it ... and will refuse to see the truth - even when it is thrown back in their faces....

I really think your observation is interesting. Please tell me more why you more narrowly define the current issue as "insurrection" (I agree it can also be called that). Thanks.

I really think your observation is interesting. Please tell me more why you more narrowly define the current issue as "insurrection" (I agree it can also be called that). Thanks.

Challenging the current elected ruling body to the extent of threats - inferring violent threats - that radical Islamist will rule ... again by implying at the very least the use of violence by the nature of their statements

Can't claim Muslim violence is a reaction only to western foreign policy. When they have been based on violent expansionism from the start.

ditto for every major religion in world history.

Except Buddhism, Sikhism, the Armish, the Quakers and lots of others. Islam is unique in it's calls for violence and it's expansion across the middle east and Africa by violence, and it'scontinued calls for violent jihad across the world

Your post is confusing to the point of being disconnected from reality ... or just so poorly stated as to be meaningless ...

By the time of the crusades islamic jihad had been ravaging Europe's borders and penetrating the interior of christian nations constantly.

Thanks for posting this, never seen it before, the battle maps of Islamic expansion are very interesting especially compared to the crusade map. The only object of the crusade was to liberate Jerusalem and never to re conquer the Christian lands invaded by brutal Islam. He gives a figure of 260 million killed by Islam in 1400 years, and counting of course on a daily basis.

His argument that the dark ages in Europe were caused by Islamic expansion and trade restriction was interesting, the only bright spot was the Muslims getting kicked out of Spain after causing so much death, opression and misery, we live in hope!

Why is the 'insurection' always greener at the other side ?

I don't see any form of it in the UK.

By the time of the crusades islamic jihad had been ravaging Europe's borders and penetrating the interior of christian nations constantly.Thanks for posting this, never seen it before, the battle maps of Islamic expansion are very interesting especially compared to the crusade map. The only object of the crusade was to liberate Jerusalem and never to re conquer the Christian lands invaded by brutal Islam. He gives a figure of 260 million killed by Islam in 1400 years, and counting of course on a daily basis.

His argument that the dark ages in Europe were caused by Islamic expansion and trade restriction was interesting, the only bright spot was the Muslims getting kicked out of Spain after causing so much death, opression and misery, we live in hope!

I think the speaker's personality sucks. If I was in grade school I woulda smacked the crap out of him and taken his lunch money. He makes over the top, stupid geek jokes while discussing global disaster. His message is intact, but he is a buffoon or sorts. I think I am recalling the same clip that did not show the other theaters of islamic expansion, and the timelines. The eastern expansion was brutal, whereas the bodies piled up in the west over numerous battles. In the east it was nearly a steamroller. I have read estimates that up to 270 million were killed in the first two islamic expansions. Of course one would really have to look at the number, but with regards to the eastern front into the Indian subcontinent I have seen repeated sources looking at 90-110 million slaughtered!

Why is the 'insurection' always greener at the other side ?

I don't see any form of it in the UK.

There was also another poster who commented on "insurrection." At first I did not grasp what they meant. But yes, under the banner of what jihadists are doing existing law would likely capture their actions in "insurrection," or otherwise motivating insurrection. I don't know the legal technicalities of insurrection as the definition would change for different locations, but basically, an insurgency seeks to overthrow the existing government and there are many roads to achieve this. Have taught counter insurgency for 30 years I feel confident that the political actions of UK jihadis qualify as being similar to how political voices would sound if they were that wing of a different insurgency. So, I conclude, for me, that both these guys are correct. There are existing laws to manage this without having to raise the specter of opposing Islam, or religious persecution; just go after the political statements etc., as fostering conflict and sedition.

You have to love the irony:

FIVE Britons are among a gang of Islamic State fighters dubbed the Cream Puff Brigade locked up in a torture camp after they pleaded to go home because they were disillusioned with jihadi war.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/508134/Cream-Puff-Brigade-JIhadists-locked-up-in-Syrian-torture-camp

The article mentions: 3 French, 2 Belgians, 2 Germans with the 5 Brits. It's estimated about 3,500 Europeans have gone to join IS. I haven't heard policies from other European countries, the any Brits who return to Britannia are supposedly in for a sobering shock. Here's what the Brits should do: If it's found the travelers went and got involved supporting the IS in any way:

>>>> if they became British subjects in the past 3 years, have their citizenship revoked and non-re-instatable - and be deported as 'persona non grata'.

>>>> if Brit subjects longer than 3 years, have them be detained and charged with serious charges (aiding the enemy?).

Other European and farang countries should do similar.

Actually, that's why there is the Cream Puff Brigade. The Europeans realized their citizenship was in jeopardy, so they called home and said something like, "Ok, I'm sorry. I want to come home now. Is that Ok with everyone?"

>>>>

As well as a jihadi problem, Britain, it appears, also had an honour killing problem.

http://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/honor-killings-on-the-rise-in-the-uk/32617.article

Almost two-thirds (69%) of young British Asians aged 16-34 consider that families should live according to the concept of ‘honour’ or ‘izzat’. The proportion is lowest among Asian Christians (62%) and Hindus (64%) and greatest for Muslims (70%) and Sikhs (79%).

Backing for the extremer manifestations of ‘izzat’ was small. Thus, only 6% of all young Asians believed that, in certain circumstances, it could be right to punish physically a female member of the family if she brought dishonour to it or the community. No Sikhs agreed with this, but 9% of Hindus, 8% of Christians, and 6% of Muslims did so.

http://www.brin.ac.uk/news/2012/honour-crimes/

It's a little off-topic, but what % of those listed actually kill someone because of honor?

Don't know, but official figures claim currently around 12 honour killings p.a. in UK. nearly all within Muslim families, a small number by Hindus / Sikhs.

Here is an article from the Guardian newspaper about ISIS now recruiting through a network of British Mosques. It should be problematic for our resident self appointed chief of source police seeing as it's lib-left PC credentials are beyond reproach. I note from the article that the UK has a large Salafi community, as if we need any more problems.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/05/isis-recruitment-moves-to-radical-network-and-mosques

The British authorities should be encouraging as many jihadis as possible to go to Syria. The US will be obliging with a 500 pounder and problem solved.

Here is an article from the Guardian newspaper about ISIS now recruiting through a network of British Mosques. It should be problematic for our resident self appointed chief of source police seeing as it's lib-left PC credentials are beyond reproach. I note from the article that the UK has a large Salafi community, as if we need any more problems.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/05/isis-recruitment-moves-to-radical-network-and-mosques

The British authorities should be encouraging as many jihadis as possible to go to Syria. The US will be obliging with a 500 pounder and problem solved.

That's thinking outside the square and I agree.

As well as a jihadi problem, Britain, it appears, also had an honour killing problem.

http://www.ozy.com/fast-forward/honor-killings-on-the-rise-in-the-uk/32617.article

Almost two-thirds (69%) of young British Asians aged 16-34 consider that families should live according to the concept of ‘honour’ or ‘izzat’. The proportion is lowest among Asian Christians (62%) and Hindus (64%) and greatest for Muslims (70%) and Sikhs (79%).

Backing for the extremer manifestations of ‘izzat’ was small. Thus, only 6% of all young Asians believed that, in certain circumstances, it could be right to punish physically a female member of the family if she brought dishonour to it or the community. No Sikhs agreed with this, but 9% of Hindus, 8% of Christians, and 6% of Muslims did so.

There's just one problem with these type of polls. The honesty of the respondents. As

Islam legitimises lying to non-believers, any replies cannot be taken seriously.

FAIL!

Ah, the old "All Muslims are liars" argument, which always crops up whenever the Islamaphobes are presented with facts which disprove their prejudices!

There's just one problem with these type of polls. The honesty of the respondents. As

Islam legitimises lying to non-believers, any replies cannot be taken seriously.

FAIL!

Ah, the old "All Muslims are liars" argument, which always crops up whenever the Islamaphobes are presented with facts which disprove their prejudices!

You obviously ain't read "that" book..............coffee1.gif

I haven't either, thats why I don't make excuses for 'em..........coffee1.gif

Edited by transam

Maybe you should read the whole article, not just the headline!

But you couldn't even get the headline right!

It's "Isis recruitment moves from online networks to British mosques."

Not, as you seem to think, or at least want others to think, "Isis recruitment moves to networks of British mosques!"

No one has denied there is a problem in the UK with fundamentalist Muslims.

No one has denied that a handful of mosques either promote this or allow others to use their premises to do so.

But, as the article you have linked to shows, these fundamentalists represent a very small minority of British Muslims, only a handful of mosques allow them to preach and use their premises, the majority of British Muslims are aware of this problem and, in conjunction with other, including the authorities, they are trying to combat it.

But, of course, as you subscribe to the 'all Muslims are liars' philosophy, you wont believe any of that!

No one has denied that a handful of mosques either promote this or allow others to use their premises to do so.

The problem lies not with 'fundamentalists' that's just a smoke screen, the problem lies with Islam itself, the Koran and the life of the Prophet, individual Muslims and groups however, you want to describe them are all the victims of it.

• Like 1

The problem lies not with 'fundamentalists' that's just a smoke screen, the problem lies with Islam itself, the Koran and the life of the Prophet, individual Muslims and groups however, you want to describe them are all the victims of it.

Do you understand how stupid your statements are, if the names of the religion are changed, no, I thought not!

The problem lies not with 'fundamentalists' that's just a smoke screen, the problem lies with Christianity itself, the Bible and the life of Jesus, individual Christians and groups however, you want to describe them are all the victims of it.

PS: the last part of your sentence made no sense to me.