Pump prices to be cut sharply midnight: Thailand

webfact

I do wonder why SteveFong Is posting here at all being as he or she has shown by their own admission he or she is resident in America.

Comparing the two countries and the price of their fuel and incomes is in my view hardly a valid argument.

looking at the comments made by Steve Fong (see the quote box) I am inclined to think the poster is of ancient Scandinavian origin and he or she likes to lurk under bridges while waiting for the appearance of ''The 3 Billy Goats Gruff.''whistling.gif

Europe has salaries

Thailand has minimum wages

And, Europe started all this global warming nonsense to destroy the US,

its working

Edited by siampolee

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This excise tax populist policy is only for the mass public who drives motorcycles !

And good for the upper/middle class who drive the bigger limousines on gasoline and gasohol tongue.png

(though they don't care much about fuel prices)

Edited by KhunBENQ

So much 'Hoo Haa' about nothing, take a look in 2 weeks and no change will be seen _ MARK MY WORDS.

Sorry to quote myself, BUT it is happening.

Out here in the rice paddies of Udon Thani TW has been trying to get fuel for her car and cannot. - The fuel companies are not delivering any form of benzine to the service stations, She had to buy at 50 baht a liter from a 'Mom and Pop' minimart in the village who services bikes normally.

Or as an image:

19350744xz.png

Funny to read US fellows writing about being "raped at the pump" laugh.png

You have absolutely no idea about fuel prices in Europe.

Europe has salaries

Thailand has minimum wages

And, Europe started all this global warming nonsense to destroy the US,

its working

Global warming nonsense? Seriously?

Do you think the ice and the glaciers are melting because of microwave radiation from space?

The US does not need Europe to destroy it. They are perfectly able to do that themselves.

Oh dear! Another tree hugging, hand wringing social engineer.

Global warming/cooling is a natural phenomena which cycles over 10's of thousands of years. A single, devastating, volcano eruption produces more global warming pollutants than we mere mortals can over eons.

In oil producing Norway, one of the richest countries in the world, the price for 1 litre of E95 fuel is 75 baht , more than double the price in Thailand. So I'm quite happy wit the fuel prices here. The government in Norway put so much taxes on fuel that people can't afford driving every day.

Edited by balo

I'll believe it when I see Shell drop its prices. Gasohol 95 has been extortionate for the last 2 years, and I don't see the big players abiding by this instruction whatsoever.

They are referring to the Government taxes attached to the retail prices for refined consumer products.

The big bad oil companies and or the independent retail fuel supply operations ( gas stations) that everyone loves to loathe will try to maintain the highest prices possible and get as much money as they can for the products they supply to the market....while still being competitive in their pricing, relative to all the competition selling the same kinds of products.

Everyone loves to complain about the price of oil and the relevant prices of refined oil products supplied to the consumer markets............for the last 100 years...there abouts.

Meantime very few people take the time to research the relevant info about fuel prices and how that particular aspect of the oil related industry works or how it is structured.

Most people just want to complain and or believe they are being cheated while believing all the oil companies conspire to fix the prices and rip of the consumers.

Some do and some companies, over the many years have been exposed trying to manipulate certain aspects of the oil related markets, but price fixing and conspiring to keep the prices artificially high practiced by every oil company is a big fallacy

I may be the only one around who never ever complained about the prices of fuel. for what ever reason I needed it for, while it is not worth the effort to get upset about.

The prices of oil and related consumer products go up and they also go down often enough while you have to pay the current price or go without.

You can be assured they will continually go up over the decades......same as nearly everything else you want to purchase but will be considered cheap at present as compared to what it will be in 5 to 10 years or certainly 20 years.

yes - all the middle-classes with petrol engined cars will be delighted. But all those trying to earn a living with a diesel truck will feel they have been slapped. do you think there might be some politics involved?

I have some friends in Bangkok that has been very upset of the Yingluck administration for keeping petrol very high but diesel very low. In our office many staffs complained about it. Those chaps will be delighted this Monday in the office.