Thai teen killed after fight over karaoke song

webfact

My conversation would go more like this:

Other group, "we requested this song first!"

Me, "that's funny cos I didn't request any <deleted> song!"

Other group, "mind if we sing it then?"

Me, "please go ahead, I would rather trap my nuts in a revolving door than do Karaoke!"

Guess i'm just not Asian enough, Karaoke to me spells public humiliation and why people would wanna pay for it is way beyond me............

It's odd isn't it. They say Thais don't like losing face (actually I don't know anyone who does) but they love karaoke which looks to have the same result.

I would rather trap my nuts in a revolving door than do Karaoke!"

That's about the same sound in many cases.

write a book and i will buy it .

Thai-ears can not hear if you are out of tune ,but they here the difference between high and low better than us.

that's why we can hear them singing out of tune ,but cannot speak fluently thai in the correct intonation.

Or can you hear the difference between : kai,kai,kai,kai,kai? or more easy : maa,maa,maa,maa,maa ?

Well they can,or they are all liars and it's all a joke ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago, a Thai cop was shot at point blank range, and killed in a night club near the old Don Muang airport. Despite a slew of eyewitnesses within meters, none could recall any details. The offense which compelled the man to shoot the other? Stepping (inadvertently or on purpose?) on the tough guy's shoe tip. Point of reference: In Thailand, the top of head is the most revered part of the body, and the bottom of the foot, the most reviled (more than the anus, it would seem). So, for the sole of a person's shoe to touch any part of another's body is anathema and (in the case of the cop killer) ....justification for killing the offender.

Oh, the cop shooter got off with a slight reprimand and is now teaching shooting skills to army recruits. How did he get off? Simple: rich daddy.