Yingluck's fate on rice scheme to be known tomorrow

webfact

"Earlier the attorney-general has appointed a team of public prosecutors to scrutinise the NACC’s case file against former prime minister Yingluck regarding the rice pledging scheme that incurred a loss of 500 billion baht.

The team has taken 30 days to complete examination of the 4,000-page case file of the NACC which has decided to indict Ms Yingluck of gross negligence of duty in supervising the rice pledging scheme causing extensive damage to the state.

Earlier Attorney-General Trakul Vinichaipark disclosed that Ms Yingluck had asked the Office of Attorney-General to question 50 more witnesses.

However, he said that the team of prosecutors would have to examine the case file first to determine whether the case was strong enough or not and whether more evidences are to be needed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8

Edited by metisdead
1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that a deal has been closed, and this is why she came back from her overseas trip. She won't be prosecuted, and someone else will have to face the court.

A distinct possibility although I would like to see her behind bars and the keys somewhere in the souther ocean.

Just political games, there never was a case to answer.

Yes, just political 'games', which sadly cost lives and livelihoods. From your comment you seem to think that watching the rich get richer at the expense of the poor is merely a game. Shame on you! As for your comment about there being no case to answer I assume you would feel quite happy to let someone or some people deprive you of 500billion baht of your tax revenue/income, without responsibilitybeing placed somewhere? You seem to have the necessary qualifications to be a successful politician.

• Like 2

I hope the courts condemn all criminals to long prison time.
No bail, no suspension, no probation for:
- all killers witch shooting a bullet in the head from innocent people.
- all killers with stab innocent people to death.
- all reckless drivers witch drive with high speed, full with drugs, killing innocent people.
- all the masterminds behind the call for civil war.
- all those who have enriched themselves personally and have stolen national assets.
For countries, where such high crime is not punished, the term: “banana republic” has prevailed.
If there is no justice, not as many will be happy and smile.

Whatever is announced tomorrow, I am sure that the current government would prefer to have her on trial but skip the country before a guilty verdict like her brother. The last thing they want is an Aung San Suu Kyi figure who might be revered far out of proportion to her actual standing as a political leader in her own right. But, if she is not prosecuted at all or let off the hook, the NCPO and whatever succeeds it politically will alienate the anti-Thaksin crowd.

If she is prosecuted, she becomes a martyr with very high political credit (not the same as credibility at all)., She'd be the Thai An Yung Sukki. I really don't see much commentary on the fallout, just lots of opinions concerning culpability.

The political reality is something different. If prosecuted or not, the people that voted for her are not going to suddenly swing to the Democrat side. The Powers That Be, not the same as the politicians here at all, definitely need her out of the picture without a backlash. There really are a lot of smart Thais, just not often in the public sector. I don't think either side behind the scenes is really comfortable with the situation. No clear cut winners afterwards if any missteps take place, They can ban her from politics, but all she has to do is endorse someone.

then it's right back to square one, again, with another inevitable coup.

Amazing Thailand.

I am interested in seeing how this plays out.

You need help.

You really do have a problem with "handling the truth carelessly", don't you ?

Get some help and stop trolling the forum with your outlandish comments - "She'd be the Thai An Yung Sukki"............??????????

And she wasn't voted in by the "people"

I hope the courts condemn all criminals to long prison time.
No bail, no suspension, no probation for:
- all killers witch shooting a bullet in the head from innocent people.
- all killers with stab innocent people to death.
- all reckless drivers witch drive with high speed, full with drugs, killing innocent people.
- all the masterminds behind the call for civil war.
- all those who have enriched themselves personally and have stolen national assets.
For countries, where such high crime is not punished, the term: “banana republic” has prevailed.

If there is no justice, not as many will be happy and smile.

I hope the wrong doer (don't want to say who) rot in the woman's Bangkok Hilton.

been wondering! all that rice that magically disappeared, then conveniently reappeared, and rotten....

...from some camouflaged bunker on a Base somewhere away from civilian eyes?

Edited by tifino

An economically misguided subsidy subject to standard amounts of bureaucratic inefficiency. Others at lower levels took the chance to embezzle & steal as with any large business/organisation. The rest is politically motivated lies to give the establishment a chance to overthrow the government.

Edited by See the bears
  • Like 2

for sure i dont think she took a kg of rice to her home, because she is too rich for that, but what she did as a PM is surely to contribute to this rice scheme situation for not doing her job, like making possible the controll to avoid corruption and funny business when she was in charge.

of course you can not say to your friends....dont do what my brother did and what i am doing too...!so politicly she is guilty anyway, and personaly i guess too because nobody as a big boss allow something big like that without knowing it......or she was totally blind and inconpetent as PM wich is a posibility too and not incoherent idea....as she has been promoted from the party of her brother to gain the power only.

this all a question of money, power business for some to make more money quickly and to be a the top, and also proudness from the shinawatra family.

like many, i honestly dont like coup d'etats and obligate military government where ever but in that case perhaps there are going to do something good for the thais in general and their own country...the time will tell if it has been a good decision or not....but no compassion for corrupted people, it is a virus for a society.

coffee1.gif

Let's do a checklist.

1. Controversial rice schem - every past govenment rice scheme are controversial.

2. Enormous loss - have not seen the final audited figures less rice sold and will be sold, warehouse compensation etc

3. Alleged corruption - speculation but not proven. Only local and low level corruption.

The NACC is too eager to please their master and may have rush through concluding their final report. Case rather weak. Likely OAG will asked NACC to investigate for more evidence. No drama.

• Like 1

Let's do a checklist.

1. Controversial rice schem - every past govenment rice scheme are controversial.

2. Enormous loss - have not seen the final audited figures less rice sold and will be sold, warehouse compensation etc

3. Alleged corruption - speculation but not proven. Only local and low level corruption.

The NACC is too eager to please their master and may have rush through concluding their final report. Case rather weak. Likely OAG will asked NACC to investigate for more evidence. No drama.

Eric, you crawling apologist - do us all a favour and eat as much polluted rice as possible. Who pays you?

• Like 1

Let's do a checklist.

Eric, you crawling apologist - do us all a favour and eat as much polluted rice as possible. Who pays you?

Offended junta kissing apologist or you just your normal disgusting self.

• Like 1

Let's do a checklist.

How do you figure it was controversial.

It was and out and out vote getting scheme.

Are you naive enough to think they would have brought it up if it wouldn't help them get elected?

Do you really think they would have got elected if they had been honest and said all we want to do is white wash Thaksin so he can come back and be a dictator?

Enormous loss already known fact. The only thing we don't know is how enormous it is. Stop for a minute and think millions of ton's of rice being sold at below purchase price plus the cost of transportation and milling. Let us not forget the high percentage that is unsalable due to rot.

Who is the NACC master?

Answer the citizens of Thailand.

• Like 1

Let's do a checklist.

Are you naive enough to think they would have brought it up if it wouldn't help them get elected?

Do you really think they would have got elected if they had been honest and said all we want to do is white wash Thaksin so he can come back and be a dictator?

Enormous loss already known fact. The only thing we don't know is how enormous it is. Stop for a minute and think millions of ton's of rice being sold at below purchase price plus the cost of transportation and milling. Let us not forget the high percentage that is unsalable due to rot.

Who is the NACC master?

How many party policies before an election are not about getting elected? Stupid comment.

They were very open & honest about their policy to bring Thaksin home.

Enormous loss; Have you looked at the numbers for US Farm policy & EU CAP? How about Japanese rice policy?

Let's do a checklist.

Who is the NACC master?

Surely you understand what is election campaigning and manifesto? Political parties laid out their manifesto detailing program they wish to implement if elected to government. Is that wrong that PT campaign on the rice policy and made it clear that Taksin is their adviser. The Dem Party also campaigned with their manifesto with populist policies. It's an even playing field and PT won.

Let's wait for the loss to be audited before making a comment. As for who the NACC master; when officials are appointed internally, it will always leave an air of suspicion.

I know a lot of people think this woman has the mentality of a watermelon, but you will never convince me that she did not know that "some" of the things she did while PM were dodgy, to say the least. In a lot of other countries she would have the book thrown at her and pay for her sins.

But as another poster said, she is of the Shinawatra regime, and elitist, a hi-so, an untouchable.

Hope I live long enough to see Karma catch up with this disgusting excuse for a family.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it possible to insult a watermelon. I stand corrected.