Bringing a wheel loader into Thailand

Anyone importing heavy equipment into Thailand, I would like to bring a wheel loader into Thailand for the MIL's business but would like some info on customs costs, has anyone done this and how is it taxed percentage wise, is it difficult? and is this possible. thanks.

You are in for a shock with the charges.....

Honestly it's better to buy here and only buy a highly regarded brand name..i.e. Caterpillar, Yanmar, etc.

The best buying for here is something thats from Japan and not been used in Thailand previously.

How big are you buying?....thats a big factor here.

As someone who owns a Wheel Loader used in the salt farm I don't know why you would run the gauntlet of trying to import something that is widely available here in Thailand.

There's equipment yards full of heavy equipment, new and used, a google search will give you plenty.

Save yourself the hassle

She's not a thing of beauty, but it's used for loading raw salt into big trucks and it takes a toll on the thing.

Got it in a barter trade so it cost me nothing.

post-20966-0-08455600-1409801994_thumb.j

Edited by kwonitoy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ricktac ... have a read of this thread in the Farming Forum and maybe ask there or contact the member directly.

the-beast-had-its-first-thai-meal

He recently imported this John Deere Harvester ...

post-77463-0-26730800-1407980719.jpg

That I did! If the OP PM's me I will send him the details rather than post here! It was really not that difficult. I live in farm country and there are many available here, usually an attachment to a Ford 6600 or 8200 series tractor. We have a 6610 with one that meets all of our needs including lifting heavy objects as we did in the assembly of the beast!

Where will you be importing it from?