Bifocals and Trasitional Lenses

ToddinChonburi

I stopped in at First Optic on soi 17 near 3rd road yesterday, the doc was great . ordered some new glasses for 14,000 baht . He saved me 4,000 baht from the Euro Optic store. I will let you know more when I pick them up next week.

Gees they must have been gold (not plated) but solid gold As the other thread bought a pair of progressives from first Optic ,memory metal, tint etc. came in at 3600 ,but as me berfday splashed out and got top of the range,(well almost )lenses for them

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did see the ell cheapo frames there, sorry not my style. I am only 49 and would like look that way not blind and 70 Lol

Just having some fun here. cheesy.gif You will pay more for thinner lenses, I see a Thai man walking on the beach every morning with those cheap glasses, his field of vision is such I bet he can not drive a car or motorbike. you buy cheap and your eyes will look very small or really big. LOL. I suppose the crossed eyed Thai girls to not care. clap2.gif

3600 baht for glasses, come on get real.

Progressive

Transition

Frames

eye exam

He has 50% off frames at the moment so may make a difference..... transition ? you mean lighten up and darken off throughout the day,not got them but progessive ie same lens read and distance

Eye exam was always free,memory metal 1600 baht half frame

I pass many "Top" shops in Bangkok and have never seen a customer in one. Regarding frames turning green, I had a frame whose nosepieces had turned green. When I bought new tinted lenses for the frames here in Tokyo from Zoff Optical they changed the nosepieces free of charge and charged me $90 for the lenses. I like to have a pair of tinted glasses as well as my transitions glasses because the transitions lenses will not darken inside of my car.

I stopped in at First Optic on soi 17 near 3rd road yesterday, the doc was great . ordered some new glasses for 14,000 baht . He saved me 4,000 baht from the Euro Optic store. I will let you know more when I pick them up next week.

Gees they must have been gold (not plated) but solid gold As the other thread bought a pair of progressives from first Optic ,memory metal, tint etc. came in at 3600 ,but as me berfday splashed out and got top of the range,(well almost )lenses for them

First Optic told me that his CHEAPEST progressive lenses are 5400 Baht, without frame of course, and where cheapest means ...................well cheapest that he has.smile.png

First Optic told me that his CHEAPEST progressive lenses are 5400 Baht, without frame of course, and where cheapest means ...................well cheapest that he has.smile.png

3600 baht standard middle of the road lenses ,top quality lenses 2000 added memory metal frame included

Am not splashing out on glasses,I do not particularly look after them anyway ,a year or so and scratches develop,time for new ones

Edited by loppylugs1

3600 baht standard middle of the road lenses ,top quality lenses 2000 added

Must be that he has two tiered price system, or that you have no idea what progressive lenses are..............my money is on the latter.