Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

I fail to see any way that a bookie can pay out prior to a result -- it's a total anachronism.

I'll bet you that someone is twisting their tails wink.png

Why else would they do it when the polling is so close?

Maybe they know something? like the Polls have been massaged eh?

Look something is up, the markets are incredibly calm. It seems they have already factored in a no vote.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Day for the western world, the UK will become a nothng if disolved.

I love asking a Scotsman, what part of ewngland he is from !!!!

About time. Denmark's nothing but they get on fine. Perhaps the UK will finally find its level and no longer be involved in all manner of ghastly expensive adventures.

• Like 2

Confident... not me... just mystified.

Me too - this Betfair has proba bly been given the money or at least an insurance from Westminster - dirty tricks indeed.

I am not concerned....I think most had decided by the end of the weekend....and faced with the reality in the polling booth I think we will win....I certainly hope so!

Me too - this Betfair has proba bly been given the money or at least an insurance from Westminster - dirty tricks indeed.

Don't you dare vote no. We're counting on you down here in the West Country.

• Like 1

I am not concerned....I think most had decided by the end of the weekend....and faced with the reality in the polling booth I think we will win....I certainly hope so!

That's what the No vote says too.

Normally, in these sort of votes, about 3-5% of the 'reformers' drop out at the last moment, but who knows the Scots may buck the trend.

So, what does Scotland do about defense if there's a yes vote? Hasn't it vowed to outlaw nukes? All of the UK's nukes are in Scotland, right?

There are four Vanguard-class submarines armed with trident ballistic missiles on lease from the United States housed at the Royal Navy's base on Scotland's West Coast. This makes The UK a member of "The Nuclear Club of Five" which means it's one of only five countries that has all of the nuclear capabilities. Returning the subs would end that.

Scotland would be out of NATO and NATO has shown little willingness to admit new members. How do they defend themselves against Russia, which might decide to drill for gas and oil in Scotland's territorial waters? What is their deterrent, and how do they go it alone without NATO?

How much are they willing to spend on defense, to defend their oil and gas? Do they think the rest of the world is 100% pacifist?

Just sayin'.

They've got plenty of oil. They could always ask the US to invade them laugh.png

This BS notion that the US would invade a country for oil is promulgated by an ignorant tin foil hat group. The US and 21 other countries invaded Iraq but they didn't take their oil. What a crock that old nonsense it.

The US does buy some oil from Saudi Arabia, but by far most of its oil comes from close neighbors. Canada is the #1 importer of oil to the US.

"America is one of the world's largest oil producers, and close to 40 percent of U.S. oil needs are met at home. Most of the imports currently come from five countries: Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and Nigeria.

"Canada is far and away the biggest purveyor of crude to its southern neighbor, hitting a record 2.2 million barrels a day last year as its share of the U.S. market grew by 12 percent."

LINK

• Like 1

I fail to see any way that a bookie can pay out prior to a result -- it's a total anachronism.

I'll bet you that someone is twisting their tails wink.png

Why else would they do it when the polling is so close?

Maybe they know something? like the Polls have been massaged eh?

Look something is up, the markets are incredibly calm. It seems they have already factored in a no vote.

Something is certainly amiss,whatever it is Salmond might even be satisfied that he has a Basket of concessions to present to the Scots people,even if he has lost the YES Vote! No he's not a clever boy,Cameron has been incredibly stupid.

How can so many people get time off work to follow politicians round the streets with banners or ride round housing estates waving Scottish flags playing music? Let me guess at an answer, the majority are social scroungers claiming benefits who contribute little to society. This campaign as made me realise why in the past you had to own property or land in order to vote. A it means you make your decisions on an informed basis and b you base your decisions on facts not fiction because you are more aware of the costs you incur if you make the wrong decision. look at the facts before voting

When I see your name I am reminded of Bill and Ben....your two personalities.

Just occasionally you top that though and remind me of someone called Oswald.

Facts are hard for the nationalist to bear hence the bluff and bluster.

I believe The SNP leaders middle name is Oswaldwhistling.gif

So, what does Scotland do about defense if there's a yes vote? Hasn't it vowed to outlaw nukes? All of the UK's nukes are in Scotland, right?

There are four Vanguard-class submarines armed with trident ballistic missiles on lease from the United States housed at the Royal Navy's base on Scotland's West Coast. This makes The UK a member of "The Nuclear Club of Five" which means it's one of only five countries that has all of the nuclear capabilities. Returning the subs would end that.

Scotland would be out of NATO and NATO has shown little willingness to admit new members. How do they defend themselves against Russia, which might decide to drill for gas and oil in Scotland's territorial waters? What is their deterrent, and how do they go it alone without NATO?

How much are they willing to spend on defense, to defend their oil and gas? Do they think the rest of the world is 100% pacifist?

Just sayin'.

Does Scotland or the UK if it comes to that,really need this very expensive nuclear deterrent.

The UK is only a very small country, why are we trying to box above our weight?. Germany has a far larger population and is very prosperous, in spite of subsidising the shambolic EU. perhaps the reason is they don't spend anywhere as much on their arm forces.

• Like 2

Just sayin'.

Does Scotland or the UK if it comes to that,really need this very expensive nuclear deterrent.

The UK is only a very small country, why are we trying to box above our weight?. Germany has a far larger population and is very prosperous, in spite of subsidising the shambolic EU. perhaps the reason is they don't spend anywhere as much on their arm forces.

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'.

The UK is only a very small country, why are we trying to box above our weight?.

We need to provide live targets for US blue on blue events...

There is nothing to stop Scotland using the pound or any other currency, but it would be very limiting for a major economy to operate so called sterlingisation as it would be hostage to UK financial levers.

Given some of the up beat messages coming from Scotland, it looks as though English fiscal policy may not affect Scotland too badly. It looks as though sterlingisation might be a better fate than joining the Euro currency union.

If Scotland's flush with oil, what's the risk of US invasion?

Just sayin'.

Sustento may cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif, but the thought of having to defend an independent Scotland is promoting English ill will towards Scotland.

We are not planning to start building a wall on Friday morning.

But a lot of Englishman will be in favour of rebuilding Hadrian's Wall if the Scotland votes 'yes'. In practical terms of course, it will have to be a new wall. Razor wire will probably do fine. A lot of grunts in the English defence industry are pondering the exclusion of Scots on Friday.

Scottish independence will cost us all quite a bit.

• Like 1

Just sayin'.