Airport Link's delayed service strands passengers

webfact

I said it before, and I wills ay it again - Thailand's airport rail link is utter crap. The Phaya Thai station is crowded with normal commuters and travellers must jostle to get into the train. The express service doesn't start at Phaya Thai but Makassan, which has nothing feeding it at all. It is an island - surrounded by traffic congestion and no rail services connected to it. The nearest is an MRT station (forgot the name) but you're exposed to the elements between the MRT and Makassan station. The ARL is a massive failure. Bangkok's public transport is way better than Kuala Lumpur's (it is a fact - despite the gripes about BKK's system by TV posters) but when it comes to rail network, the Thais should really learn from the Malaysians. The Malaysian ERL (Express Rail Link) is exemplary, fed by a hub that centralises almost all rail networks in the city. Get on any train in KUL, and you're already 'connected' to the international airport.

Better blame German technology "SIEMENS".

Better buy from China next time.

What a nonsense... Both, German and Chinese trains need regular maintenance to operate safely.

Btw Siemens invented the Transrapid Highspeed Maglev Train System which is now operating successfully in China.

The BP has an update today.

The interesting part is the last sentence. It has k. Pakorn saying that the normal 1,000,000 km maintenance takes ONE year, which INCLUDES six months for the process of finding a company to do the work.

That's nice planning. Being my normal positive self I assume the bidding process starts six months before the actual repair work needs to be started thumbsup.gif

Edited by rubl