Why do Western men marry Thai girls of ill-repute?

They can always go pick bananas or wash up in a restaurant.......they're useful and noble jobs.

They won't earn much doing that. Like most people, they need money.

Nonsense, You said "most people", so why dont the "most people" work as prostitutes ?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can always go pick bananas or wash up in a restaurant.......they're useful and noble jobs.

They won't earn much doing that. Like most people, they need money.

Nonsense, You said "most people", so why dont the "most people" work as prostitutes ?

It pays less than my job. I don't know about yours. And I don't have to work with the public.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Seems to me there are just a lot of assumptions and stereotypes. When you see a Thai girl with a Falang, do you really know how they met, what is her history or what is his history?

well if I see a Thai women with a falang and she has tattoos, smoking, dressed like a slut and talking badly and wearing too much tacky gold, I am pretty sure what she is and where they met, and that's not at University!

So true! And if you see an ethnic Chinese-Thai woman dressed casually walking in a mall with an American guy and there is a 13-year-old son in tow who is complaining about having to there then the chances are that's us. My wife LOVES to shop but she always buys for everyone and even let's me wait in the car with a book to read if she spends to much $$$ and time in the women's department. My question is aren't the guys on this thread even SLIGHTLY embarrassed when they marry hookers? I see these guys and their "wives" in droves when I go to get my visa extension and they are a real eye sore. I can't believe that some people consider marrying a hooker normal and acceptable behavior. My motto is that if you're worried what your mom would think of her then she is not marrying material.

And the same goes for you guys who think it's "normal" to marry some Thai woman 20, 30, or 40 years younger than you. Get a life.

an eyesore in what way?

Coz some men beleive that women in that profession will be grateful for being saved from it.

Are you suggesting some prostitutes aren't grateful for a way out?

They're grateful as long as the 'way out' pays more than the current 'way in'.

I think you under-estimate the distaste that some women have for sex work.

I don't judge the woman for doing the job, and largely I don't blame her for marrying some bloke and getting out of the place.

Its part of the bar girl journey I guess, which of course doesn't necessarily involve staying with a guy twice her age mopping his brow into old age.

Better to get a nurse.

Ronn68....

At the moment shock/cushioned light brackets for LED light bars to go on an ARB bumper as well as re-designing the front bracing behind the grille to install a auxiliary electric fan........

Sounds like you have a challenge awaiting you. Modifying this and that for a truck can be spotty and hit and miss unless you can express to them clearly what it is you want and even then you might still encounter problems.

Seems to me there are just a lot of assumptions and stereotypes. When you see a Thai girl with a Falang, do you really know how they met, what is her history or what is his history?

well if I see a Thai women with a falang and she has tattoos, smoking, dressed like a slut and talking badly and wearing too much tacky gold, I am pretty sure what she is and where they met, and that's not at University!

So true! And if you see an ethnic Chinese-Thai woman dressed casually walking in a mall with an American guy and there is a 13-year-old son in tow who is complaining about having to there then the chances are that's us. My wife LOVES to shop but she always buys for everyone and even let's me wait in the car with a book to read if she spends to much $$$ and time in the women's department. My question is aren't the guys on this thread even SLIGHTLY embarrassed when they marry hookers? I see these guys and their "wives" in droves when I go to get my visa extension and they are a real eye sore. I can't believe that some people consider marrying a hooker normal and acceptable behavior. My motto is that if you're worried what your mom would think of her then she is not marrying material.

And the same goes for you guys who think it's "normal" to marry some Thai woman 20, 30, or 40 years younger than you. Get a life.

an eyesore in what way?

You know, the fat middle-aged farang with the short, dark-skinned girl who's in her 20s or 30s but looks older and "worn out" and has that rough, gravel voice. If I were an immigration officer I would be finding all kinds of ways to make it as hard as possible to get the guy a visa extension.

Just curious. How come some people think that a prostitute is not quite a human being?

Hey, I have met plenty of prostitutes and I have found many who are more honest, more hardworking and more credible than many so-called hiso women. Generally speaking, from my personal experience, hiso women or those who like to be known as hiso women are basically a bunch of hypocrites squandering their fathers' or their husbands' money. So if anyone insists that the only right way to live is to marry a hiso woman, he is welcome to it.

• Like 1

an eyesore in what way?

You know, the fat middle-aged farang with the short, dark-skinned girl who's in her 20s or 30s but looks older and "worn out" and has that rough, gravel voice. If I were an immigration officer I would be finding all kinds of ways to make it as hard as possible to get the guy a visa extension.

But what if they are in love ?

Why are the only two options to marry a prostitute or marry a rich girl?

I guess its more like only 1 option with 95 % of the farangs, and thats NOT to marry the rich girl. So its the prostitute.

I don't live in a tourist area. All the Farangs I know marry school teachers, nurses and clerks who work at Lotus because those ladies speak a little English. So, besides being insulting you really don't know what you are talking about do you?

• Like 2

I guess its more like only 1 option with 95 % of the farangs, and thats NOT to marry the rich girl. So its the prostitute.

I don't live in a tourist area. All the Farangs I know marry school teachers, nurses and clerks who work at Lotus because those ladies speak a little English. So, besides being insulting you really don't know what you are talking about do you?

+1 - Although fairly close to CM I do not know of one of my friends that has married a BG/Masseuse - etc......I believe the closer/more drawn to the "Pattaya" type areas is where you'll find the men that have either been trapped or have these type women/life styles appeal to them.....

One friend has a young wife and belongs to a service club - on the basis that she was young the other wives thought BG (she hadn't) it took months before the other women started accepting her.....

A lot of misguided statements and misconceptions are bandied about here and sensationalized by "experts" or miscreants looking to bolster their situation/case/ego/phallic integrity/lifesytyle - or just plain attack and put down others.....

There's a stigma unfairly being attached - maybe the ones attacking/attaching it are projecting to others the mirror image of themselves.....in hopes of........????????

• Like 1

+1 - Although fairly close to CM I do not know of one of my friends that has married a BG/Masseuse - etc......I believe the closer/more drawn to the "Pattaya" type areas is where you'll find the men that have either been trapped or have these type women/life styles appeal to them.....

I live in CM, every foreigner I have met with a Thai female partner, she was a sex worker.

Absolutely every one, no exceptions, although with one friend it took me 6 months of casual eavesdropping on his wife to hear about her past.

At least 3 of these "deniers" post regularly on the forum about their educated, chinese, hiso., blah blah Bit surprising as all 3 are dark Issan ladies.

(We are talking mainly Doi Saket, Hang Dong, San Sai and central CM areas)

Amongst my pals, about 75% flat out deny their partners past, but the girls are way more open about it when they are chatting in Thai to each other.

Also about 50% of the girls still seem up for some funny business if they think they can get away with it, but the other 50% seem to have gone legit.

Dear PG, I believe your lack of Thai language, hides the reality around you.

PS

I only mix with foreigners who are fully funded from overseas on totally legit VISAs.

(No hustlers, bar flies, tourists, visa runners, school teachers or others trying to scrape a living)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 2

I live in CM, every foreigner I have met with a Thai female partner, she was a sex worker.

Absolutely every one, no exceptions, although with one friend it took me 6 months of casual eavesdropping on his wife to hear about her past.

At least 3 of these "deniers" post regularly on the forum about their educated, chinese, hiso., blah blah Bit surprising as all 3 are dark Issan ladies.

Amongst my pals, about 75% flat out deny their partners past, but the girls are way more open about it when they are chatting in Thai to each other.

Also about 50% of the girls still seem up for some funny business if they think they can get away with it, but the other 50% seem to have gone legit.

PS

I only mix with foreigners who are fully funded from overseas on totally legit VISAs.

(No hustlers, bar flies, tourists, visa runners, school teachers or others trying to scrape a living)

You could be correct about my lacking the Thai tongue - wish it did come easier to me......I also do not mix with the same type crowd you don't mix with....maybe somewhere along the way we'll bump into each other - but I'll stand by my statements for the people I really know and am close to and known for more than a few years.....

• Like 1

PS

I'm surprised that you think people earning a living in Thailand are necessarily "scraping a living".

Most of my acquaintances are employed by the local arm of multinationals on locally based contracts - one or two work for Thai companies, one or two are entrepreneurs based in Thailand. They all seem always to have a shilling to spare. Though perhaps that is irrelevant, since offhand I can only think of one of them who is married to a Thai...

SC

PS

then you have a very homogenous set of foreigner aquaintances.

The majority of the farangs I know aren't married to thai people at all. Although reading this place would make you think it was the only option.

I'm surprised that you think people earning a living in Thailand are necessarily "scraping a living".

Most of my acquaintances are employed by the local arm of multinationals on locally based contracts - one or two work for Thai companies, one or two are entrepreneurs based in Thailand. They all seem always to have a shilling to spare. Though perhaps that is irrelevant, since offhand I can only think of one of them who is married to a Thai...

SC

Not many multinationals employing foreigners in CM.

(except for God, plenty of his employees around)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican