Five “Men in Black” suspects are in police custody

Lite Beer

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The MIB must have known of the plan well before the soldiers attacked and a highly skilled sniper recognized Romklao from the mass of soldiers and took him out. Seem there was a leak and from social media, dissenting soldiers came to the aid of the UDD just like the popcorn shooter. When the truth does come out, there will be more questions than answers.

Col Romklao was killed by a grenade not shot by a sniper.

• Like 1

I see the Red Shirt apologists are running around like headless chicken trying to conjure some new conspiracies to explain things away.

The MIB must have known of the plan well before the soldiers attacked and a highly skilled sniper recognized Romklao from the mass of soldiers and took him out. Seem there was a leak and from social media, dissenting soldiers came to the aid of the UDD just like the popcorn shooter. When the truth does come out, there will be more questions than answers.

The "sniper" used a grenade, the soldiers didn't start the attack, at the time they were fired upon they were preparing to leave the area and there is no mistery over soldiers siding with the Red Shirts to act as an armed militia, what do you think the "Major General" in Major General Khattiya Sawasdipol was all about?

• Like 2

waiting for Fab4 to chime in any minute now...lol

I have no doubt he will have been hovering over his keyboard for several hours, but simply can't think of any convincing spin to put on this one....!!

"Somyot said the suspects confessed to being involved with the M79 grenade attacks on the red shirt protesters and the military officials on April 10."

Good to hear this. Now we can get to the bottom who these people are and what group or person/monk they may represent.

person/monk/billionaire you mean? right?

Nm, he is probably convinced it is Father Suthep of Craggy Island ! cheesy.gif

Its took a while for the arrests happen, but good on the Thai Police for continuing to pursue the matter, although I do wonder if a lot of these activities are being accelerated due to the new PM putting pressure on the Police. Either way the outcome is good and who knows what it will lead to.

• Like 1

You may have missed the part in the Op about photographic evidence in your haste to waffle about human rights and false/forced confessions, without any evidence to support either suggestion. What I expect you, and perhaps a few others, to do is to obfuscate, raise strawman arguments, suggest the confessions were invalid and the pictures doctored, and attempt to change the subject. As is done on any topic that reflects badly on PTP, UDD or members of the sinawatra clan.

And what I expect you to do, as well as anyone else, is to ask questions.

Don't just believe things because someone tells you that it is that way, but try to think about it critically and analyse as much as possible with the information you have (or try to get more information). But in your case that might be hard as you see whoever does not agree with you blindly must be a red-shirt supporter and is therefore always 100% wrong.

Edited by Bob12345

Oh yeah, They have been arrested and confessed so why are they withholding their names.

Providing they have a solid case without manipulation or subterfuge then name the bastards and put the fear of God into those who supported and orchestrated such attacks.

Stop playing silly buggers and go for the jugular.

Oh yeah, They have been arrested and confessed so why are they withholding their names.

Providing they have a solid case without manipulation or subterfuge then name the bastards and put the fear of God into those who supported and orchestrated such attacks.

Stop playing silly buggers and go for the jugular.

Deputy police chief Gen Somyot Pumpunmuang identified the suspects as Kittisak Soomsri, 45, Preecha Yuyen, 24, Ronnarit Surisa, 33, Chamnarn Pakichai, 45 and Punika Chusri. Two others - Wattanachok Jeenpui, 23 and Thanadet Ekapiwat, 39 - are still at large;

BBC Monitoring Alert - THAILAND

Released on 2013-03-11 00:00 GMT

http://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/86/864158_bbc-monitoring-alert-thailand-.html

DSI chief Tharit Pengdit yesterday told a press conference the
indictment was being sought against the leaders after examination of
surveillance footage and rally speeches during the red shirt protests
from March 12 to May 19.

Thanadet Ekapiwat,

Mr Tharit yesterday said that Mr Seksan had implicated Thanadet

Ekapiwat, a suspect in the July 25 bomb attack near Big C Supercentre in
the Ratchadamri area, in the car bomb in the Khok Khram area.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

I see the Red Shirt apologists are running around like headless chicken trying to conjure some new conspiracies to explain things away.

The "sniper" used a grenade, the soldiers didn't start the attack, at the time they were fired upon they were preparing to leave the area and there is no mistery over soldiers siding with the Red Shirts to act as an armed militia, what do you think the "Major General" in Major General Khattiya Sawasdipol was all about?

You don't come with 6 APC in the night to leave. Like I said, the answers may open up the Pandora box. Either those arrested are set up or the case will be hushed as the answers will be uncomfortable for the establishment.

I see in the papers that the police put on a show for the public marching the 5 men into a room wearing black coats and ski mask covering their faces. They should have given them fake AK-47's also. Typical Thai justice just look at them how can they be other than guilty.

Edited by Mango Bob
  • Like 1

I see in the papers that the police put on a show for the public marching the 5 men into a room wearing black coats and ski mask covering their faces. They should have given them fake AK-47's also. Typical Thai justice just look at them how can they be other than guilty.

Did they cover their faces before their names were released?

This seems to be fairly normal here but I certainly wouldn't call it professional.

"confessions" reported by the authorities without solid evidence mean precious little in Thailand.

Confession mean even less to people that find them contrary to their beliefs.

Good thing that "... the police had video clips and still pictures to nail the five suspects" then; like this one, I suppose:

I hope they have some with faces visible.

The guy on the right seems fairly visible.

I am sure he will post a link proving once and for all that the Men in Black do not exist and the yellow, hi-so, Dem, elitist Amart scum just made it up to make the Shins and their terrorist group look bad. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Haven't these guys (men in black) admitted to attacking the both the reds and the army?

I have no doubt he will have been hovering over his keyboard for several hours, but simply can't think of any convincing spin to put on this one....!!

The space is being filled by Eric Loh and Mango Bob in the interim.

Edited by Artisi

"Somyot said the suspects confessed to being involved with the M79 grenade attacks on the red shirt protesters and the military officials on April 10"

After more than four years finally something I didn't know yet. The MiB attacked red-shirt protesters with M79 grenade attacks on April 10th. Maybe they missed as the red-shirt casualties suffered from rifle fire only it was always reported.

Puzzling, really ermm.gif

I've been on the wrong side of the law, violently, they can get a confession out of a duck if they wanted to

So, monk213 = sponge Bob = violent criminal = confessing duck, did I get the sequence right? A multiple personality syndrom, or just a vivid imagination? Or do you mean you speak out of experience: you were arrested and interrogated by the RTA, and that you confessed, is it? Or ...?

Good to hear this. Now we can get to the bottom who these people are and what group or person/monk they may represent.

Everyone knows which group and person they represent.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorancethat principle is contempt prior to investigation."

This quote has been attributed to George Spencer, but research has failed to track it down. It seems persuasive on its face.

Wikiquotes has it traced back to William Paley, long before Spencer:

Principles of Moral and Political Philosophy (1785)

The infidelity of the Gentile world, and that more especially of men of rank and learning in it, is resolved into a principle which, in my judgment, will account for the inefficacy of any argument, or any evidence whatever, viz. contempt prior to examination.

A View of the Evidences of Christianity (1794)

Variant: There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. This principle is, contempt prior to examination.

As quoted or paraphrased in Anglo-Israel or, The British Nation: The Lost Tribes of Israel (1879) by Rev. William H. Poole

A similar statement apparently derived from this version has become widely attributed to Herbert Spencer, but there are no records of Spencer ever saying or writing it, the first known attributions to him occurring in 1931: "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

So, after Paley, then Poole, and finally to Spencer. Thanks for bringing up a delightful quote - it made me stop the train of horrendous memories from 2010.

While eating my dinner I got to thinking about these arrests and Police Captain Chalerm who said publicly that he know who the men in black were.

Could it be that he has been doing his patriotic duty as a retired police officer and helping the police with their enquiries ?.... In return for protection of course for we are dealing here with violent people who have had no compunction to shooting and lobbing grenades into crowds so would have little hesitation to kill anyone they thought may have ratted on them.

Yes I know this lot are only suspects at this point in time but someone did the dirty deeds and they look the most likely.

Now theres a thought, suggest to them that they have been dobbed in by their arms supplier and paymaster then let them out on bail.

Next step collect the bodies, save a lot on investigations and trials.

You don't come with 6 APC in the night to leave. Like I said, the answers may open up the Pandora box. Either those arrested are set up or the case will be hushed as the answers will be uncomfortable for the establishment.

if you had any army knowledge you would realize the apc's are used in tactical withdrawals to avoid the soldiers being shot at by other armed forces/snipers but then I dont expect a red sympathizer to have the necessary knowledge to realize this as it ruins their innuendo, mate, you really need to get your facts right. Before quoting stupid ideas try researching exactly what these vehicles are used for, there goes another conspiracy theory................

Mate, loosely snickered here, your knowledge of military withdrawals is based on boy scout credentials. You ;like to make the facts fit your story. The APCs were assigned to a very specific area, the majority of troops left on foot or in trucks, and the APCs showed up before the action commenced and left after it was over...an interesting and hilarious coincidence, of course, you would say...and obviously another red plot..

Yeah right. You are buying what they are selling and trying, weakly, to lend your lack of credibility to an already incredible situation. Mite.