Pheu Thai raises its head again

webfact

See the old familiar heads with their old familiar rhetoric who honestly believe that the ptp won't win the next election and any one who dare votes for them is brainwashed.

We'll you guys can sit there day in day out in front of your PC for hours on end writing the same the things you have been writing for years but the plain fact is that soon as an election is held anyone of the shins clan who puts his or head up will win and win big time.

I know it you guys know you just can't bring yourself to admit it.

I almost feel sorry for one member who shall remain nameless who is so blinded by the yellow color he must be on his PC 24/7 trotting out the same rhetoric

Almost it said.

change

I almost feel sorry for one member who shall remain nameless who is so blinded by the yellow color he must be on his PC 24/7 trotting out the same rhetoric

to

I almost feel sorry for one member who shall remain nameless who is so blinded by afraid of the yellow color he must be on his PC 24/7 trotting out the same rhetoric.

and you will have described yourself.

Interesting you become so active the minute Thaksin gives the OK.whistling.gif Did you go to Hong Kong?facepalm.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It seems like Thaksin, Pheu Thai and the UDD are trying to reclaim their space in the political arena and it would be interesting to see if they succeed and what the NCPO would do in response."

2013-11-02

"Red Shirts feel betrayed"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678848-red-shirts-feel-betrayed-amnesty-push-turns-anger-against-thaksin-and-pheu-thai/

2013-11-09

"Reds, Govt put differences behind"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/680444-red-shirts-thai-govt-put-differences-behind/

Nothing serious, nothing to see here. Care on, will you ?

This is a PR exercise. Someone is seriously worried they will fade into insignificance, someone with a big ego.

Regarding him coming back: he is the root of all the problems. Last thing the junta want is him back. I also wonder when the junta is going to start pinning some of blame on Taksin for all the problems?

Blame thaksin for all the problems?

No the problem is that the elite yellows from the south cannot stand the common people voting in the people of their choice whom they voted for.

The elite lost the hearts and minds of the north years ago and they get punished at the polls every time and will so into the future until they have a total ego and personality bypass.

And don't go down the vote buying brainwashed path as both sides are as guilty as each other

Yingluck has played the game very well.Even the mention of her name on here sends the yellows onto a tizz and yet though all the garbage and derogatory comments made on here about her packing up and leaving Thailand or she will never come her looks etc etc etc and yet she hasn't been convicted of anything.She didn't run off to a temple or hide behind nuns clothing no she has stood her ground and faced her accusers head on with grace and dignity and should she still be around at the next polls she will win in a landslide.

The elite people from the south are Muslims and hate Thaksin.

Can you blame them.

The last there by-elections in red shirt strongholds were won in two of the districts by the Democrats and the one the red shirts won was in Chiang Mai the heart of Shinawatra land. It might be noted that it was Thaksin's sister who won it and by a smaller margin than the PTP had in the last election.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thaksin and Yingluck are still very popular with the thai people and the junta knows it and I think there are deals being done int the background to allow a more peaceful transition of government with new rules for the politicians when the next election is announced.

Maybe there will be no red and yellow shirts or black and pink shirts but one thing for sure is when that day comes you can rest assured that if Thaksin and Yingluck are still around which they will be then it will be another landslide just as it has been in the past .

The junta knows this so compromises will be made on both sides maybe even allowing Thaksin to return and granted amnesty which would go along way to calming the situation and allowing Thailand to move ahead.

If PT or whatever they become win the election then fine, but they will have to govern in a legitimate manner and not as they have done in the past.

No problems with that anywhere I would guess, however.....no more amnesties.

thaksin broke the law. He is a criminal. He has to go to gaol or there will never be any rule of law.

Maybe in a show for his support of democracy the King will grant Thaksin amensty. If a foreigner can request amensty from the King as Head of State, surely Thaksin would be far more eligible.

........................"Maybe in a show for his support of democracy the King will grant Thaksin amensty. If a foreigner can request amensty from the King as Head of State, surely Thaksin would be far more eligible."...........................

Probably would not hurt to know at least a little bit about how the amnesty process works before making ridiculous comments about it. whistling.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe in a show for his support of democracy the King will grant Thaksin amensty. If a foreigner can request amensty from the King as Head of State, surely Thaksin would be far more eligible.

........................"Maybe in a show for his support of democracy the King will grant Thaksin amensty. If a foreigner can request amensty from the King as Head of State, surely Thaksin would be far more eligible."...........................

Probably would not hurt to know at least a little bit about how the amnesty process works before making ridiculous comments about it. whistling.gif

Indeed, specially because the term eluding everyone here is pardon, not amnesty. The key difference being that pardons are granted to those already serving a sentence.

Thaksin and Yingluck are still very popular with the thai people and the junta knows it and I think there are deals being done int the background to allow a more peaceful transition of government with new rules for the politicians when the next election is announced.

Maybe there will be no red and yellow shirts or black and pink shirts but one thing for sure is when that day comes you can rest assured that if Thaksin and Yingluck are still around which they will be then it will be another landslide just as it has been in the past .

The junta knows this so compromises will be made on both sides maybe even allowing Thaksin to return and granted amnesty which would go along way to calming the situation and allowing Thailand to move ahead.

If PT or whatever they become win the election then fine, but they will have to govern in a legitimate manner and not as they have done in the past.

No problems with that anywhere I would guess, however.....no more amnesties.

thaksin broke the law. He is a criminal. He has to go to gaol or there will never be any rule of law.

He still has to go to gaol first. Serve at least half his sentence. If he doesn't then there is no rule of law.

He still has to go to gaol first. Serve at least half his sentence. If he doesn't then there is no rule of law.

How did that go? "No double standards"?.... whistling.gif

• Like 1

I am wondering In bewilderment as to how people keep singing the praises of a person who is nothing but a criminal who does not have the courage to face the outcome of his own making. I hope the Thai people are finally seeing what he has done to them and their country in the time he and his family were in power. He is not a person living in exile, only a fugitive from justice. The governments of the countries that harbor him and allow him to travel within their boundaries, knowing full well who he is and what he has done, are just as complicit and should also be held accountable.

No wonder people from all walks of life do not trust politicians, they only have themselves to blame. It is sad to see that those in power play up to the uneducated with their populist policies to gain power and keep their and their cronies' snouts in he trough for as long it takes the people to wake up. I cannot say if Thaksin was or is controlling the PTP from abroad but a cynical person, through the bountiful evidence available could assess what he is up to. He has so much to lose by not being involved. One thing I can say though, is that his sister has more internal fortitude then he has by returning to the country, as she said she would despite what is hanging over her head. Even though I do not agree with her politics and past actions, she has earned respect for this.

In the short time since the bloodless coup was implemented I have watched with hope and have seen it being delivered by a MAN, and I mean MAN, General Prayuth, who clearly has the wellbeing of his country and its people foremost in his mind. The people of Thailand should be thankful that a MAN has been born and no doubt, if given the chance, will in time, bring Thailand back from the brink and restore its prosperity and greatness.

I am sick and tired of those who are living in the past and condoning everything criminal that was occurring on both sides. Also bagging everything that the general and now prime minister is doing, what is wrong with you lot? Let's give this government and new prime minister a go. There are many good things he and the NCPO have implemented but I disagree with the reduction in freedom of speech and the freedom of the press. For a democracy to work, both these avenues must not have restrictions unless of course there is personal abuse, defamation or inflammatory comment that is likely to incite civil disobedience or violence. None of these can be condoned in any way.

It is also so refreshing to see those who act corruptly are being located and put before the courts. I also wait with baited breath for those, who will have a different opinion then me, to suggest one should look for corruption within the ranks of the armed forces. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, I for one do not know but given the general and now prime minister's past record, I would say, that if there is, then those involved will have many sleepless nights waiting for that dreaded early morning knock on the door. What is in question, in all f this however, is the courts attitude and willingness to prosecute those involved, regardless of their standing in society. If they give no favour and everything is determined by factual evidence then all of Thailand will benefit.

Also let us hope that the government looks at some of the archaic laws that are in place, especially those of defamation, which many use to silence their critics just by the threat of suing. All in all, one can only pray that the people of Thailand, the expats living here and those who care about this wonderful country will join together, no longer be divided by colour and give this MAN, Prime Minister Prayuth, time to implement his and his government's policies in order to attain their goals and bring prosperity to the country and the reunification of its people for the betterment of all.

• Like 1

I am wondering In bewilderment as to how people keep singing the praises of a person who is nothing but a criminal who does not have the courage to face the outcome of his own making. I hope the Thai people are finally seeing what he has done to them and their country in the time he and his family were in power. He is not a person living in exile, only a fugitive from justice. The governments of the countries that harbor him and allow him to travel within their boundaries, knowing full well who he is and what he has done, are just as complicit and should also be held accountable.

No wonder people from all walks of life do not trust politicians, they only have themselves to blame. It is sad to see that those in power play up to the uneducated with their populist policies to gain power and keep their and their cronies' snouts in he trough for as long it takes the people to wake up. I cannot say if Thaksin was or is controlling the PTP from abroad but a cynical person, through the bountiful evidence available could assess what he is up to. He has so much to lose by not being involved. One thing I can say though, is that his sister has more internal fortitude then he has by returning to the country, as she said she would despite what is hanging over her head. Even though I do not agree with her politics and past actions, she has earned respect for this.

In the short time since the bloodless coup was implemented I have watched with hope and have seen it being delivered by a MAN, and I mean MAN, General Prayuth, who clearly has the wellbeing of his country and its people foremost in his mind. The people of Thailand should be thankful that a MAN has been born and no doubt, if given the chance, will in time, bring Thailand back from the brink and restore its prosperity and greatness.

I am sick and tired of those who are living in the past and condoning everything criminal that was occurring on both sides. Also bagging everything that the general and now prime minister is doing, what is wrong with you lot? Let's give this government and new prime minister a go. There are many good things he and the NCPO have implemented but I disagree with the reduction in freedom of speech and the freedom of the press. For a democracy to work, both these avenues must not have restrictions unless of course there is personal abuse, defamation or inflammatory comment that is likely to incite civil disobedience or violence. None of these can be condoned in any way.

It is also so refreshing to see those who act corruptly are being located and put before the courts. I also wait with baited breath for those, who will have a different opinion then me, to suggest one should look for corruption within the ranks of the armed forces. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, I for one do not know but given the general and now prime minister's past record, I would say, that if there is, then those involved will have many sleepless nights waiting for that dreaded early morning knock on the door. What is in question, in all f this however, is the courts attitude and willingness to prosecute those involved, regardless of their standing in society. If they give no favour and everything is determined by factual evidence then all of Thailand will benefit.

Also let us hope that the government looks at some of the archaic laws that are in place, especially those of defamation, which many use to silence their critics just by the threat of suing. All in all, one can only pray that the people of Thailand, the expats living here and those who care about this wonderful country will join together, no longer be divided by colour and give this MAN, Prime Minister Prayuth, time to implement his and his government's policies in order to attain their goals and bring prosperity to the country and the reunification of its people for the betterment of all.

........................"I am wondering In bewilderment as to how people keep singing the praises of a person who is nothing but a criminal who does not have the courage to face the outcome of his own making."......................

Normally, I am a sympathetic person and would feel sorry for anyone who was mad enough to support an evil despot like him, but not in this case. To h**l with the lot of them.

........................"I cannot say if Thaksin was or is controlling the PTP from abroad"...................................

I could !

Suck it up yellow apologists and that include the establishment. If you think by repeating a coup and re-writing the constitution will change the political landscape and the mindset of the electorate to abandon Thaksin, you are way wrong. That didn't happen in past 2 free elections and It will not happen again come next election. Only way to beat Thaksin is via the ballot box and the establishment thru their proxy party simply dont have the right candidate.

Like him or not, Thaksin is much smarter and his timing has been impeccable. He waited till now to be vocal when all the policies seem a page taken from previous government were approved. He waited till the NACC and the microphone fiasco caught the attention of the general public and got people speculating. He waited till all the farmers were paid and they will blamed the PDRC for the delay. Now it seem the PT government was not that bad. Sutherp has messed up the plot big time.

The good general may have done a lot of good to clear the beaches, roads and lower the pump prices but these are things that you gradually get used to and forgotten. What is not forgotten is that he promise election next Septembef and if he prolong his tenure, many democracy loving Thais will be pretty unhappy and may turn against him. Meanwhile it's business as usual in the Dem Party and that is a big mistake.

if Thaksin is so smart why does he look so unhappy hiding in the desert? If he was smart, he would be eating noodles at his favorite noodle shop in Bangkok. Thaksin has been trying to come back to Thailand for many years. Looking at the situation today, I don't see him coming back any time soon. A real smart man in your eyes. Lol
  • Like 2

Suck it up yellow apologists and that include the establishment. If you think by repeating a coup and re-writing the constitution will change the political landscape and the mindset of the electorate to abandon Thaksin, you are way wrong. That didn't happen in past 2 free elections and It will not happen again come next election. Only way to beat Thaksin is via the ballot box and the establishment thru their proxy party simply dont have the right candidate.

Like him or not, Thaksin is much smarter and his timing has been impeccable. He waited till now to be vocal when all the policies seem a page taken from previous government were approved. He waited till the NACC and the microphone fiasco caught the attention of the general public and got people speculating. He waited till all the farmers were paid and they will blamed the PDRC for the delay. Now it seem the PT government was not that bad. Sutherp has messed up the plot big time.

The good general may have done a lot of good to clear the beaches, roads and lower the pump prices but these are things that you gradually get used to and forgotten. What is not forgotten is that he promise election next Septembef and if he prolong his tenure, many democracy loving Thais will be pretty unhappy and may turn against him. Meanwhile it's business as usual in the Dem Party and that is a big mistake.

if Thaksin is so smart why does he look so unhappy hiding in the desert? If he was smart, he would be eating noodles at his favorite noodle shop in Bangkok. Thaksin has been trying to come back to Thailand for many years. Looking at the situation today, I don't see him coming back any time soon. A real smart man in your eyes. Lol

If he was so smart he'd still be in Dubai; his antics wore off his welcome there some time ago.

If he was so smart he'd still be in Dubai; his antics wore off his welcome there some time ago.

If he was so smart he would have only amassed half the money he is worth today, legally, and he would be living in his homeland a free man, not hiding out overseas in five star hotels.

Half of what he is worth is more than any man could possibly need to live a lavish lifestyle until a ripe old age.

Not very smart I'm afraid, as are his supporters.

I take issue with the title of this thread, technically should it not be "Phua Thai squeezes out it's head again"?

Technically speaking, that might be more of a 'squeezed out' (passive), or 'retracted' (active).

So sorry to have suggested something,however unlikely, I was not aware it was unacceptable to do so.

Shall we discuss what might happen if aliens made a deal with Prayuth, or might that be a waste of time?

The Ministry of Education, through their pyramid power secret society, already communicating with aliens circling the planet on a daily basis?

There was a totalitarian,racist regime in Europe around WW2 that was deeply into bizarre occultism and pseudo-sciences. Their Asian allies were Japan where militarism, traditional values, and Emperor worship were the order of the day. We who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

Amnesties are a deep rooted feature of LOSt. All coupsters write preemptive blanket amnesties for themselves. Probably why there is coup after coup after coup. To me it is a slightly healthy sign that a political party, of whatever colour, feels able to "raise its head".a little.

Excuse me if someone already made the alien joke, have only read to P4.

The message in the 'music video' is simple and coded for 'This is Thailand' - he comes from humble beginnings and grows up to be a vigorous leader of Thailand reaching to the stars........

he comes from humble beginnings

Therefore it is a bald faced lie, agreed?

• Like 2

Looks like thaksin needs to stir the bee's nest again due to his waning popularity.

This thaksin cartoon should not be called "looking at stars with feet on the ground" It should be called "Looking at stars through the bars of my cell" He was an unelectable leader of a party that purport to support democracy. Thats says it all.

I cannot blame him really for trying this media stunt after the failed 2014 election results that clearly reflected the public sentiment towards them (especially in the North and North East where there was no protests) after the failed rice scheme, the failed amnesty, the failed 2 trillion baht loan with no transparency, the water management scheme that the PTP refused to allow the public to be involved in. There is only so much disdain for the public by the PTP that the public can put up with before they retract their support. There certainly was a landslide in that 2014 election result. Unfortunately it covered the PTP up like a skiing victim on the snow slopes.

Of course some will refer to an election nearly 4 years ago to gauge the PTP popularity because that is all they have left to cling too. Never mind the nearly infinite polls and the 2014 failed election that showed otherwise. Not one poll, not one result from anywhere showed the PTP on the winning end of anything pertinent to winning an election. And unlike thaksin who knows this and admits to it, some of his ardent supporters still refuse to believe it by making up wonderful excuses for the failed 2014 election and all the polls that cover a cross section of Thailand. thaksin knows they are whimsical excuses so he is being proactive and he wants to snowball (excuse the pun) any efforts to ensure he is not a name of the past. He is scared now his popularity is waning. He is petrified.

Now the Reds are stirring again will that 7% fanatical minority come out purporting to represent the majority?

Rest assured if / when they lose the next election in 2015 thaksin and his supporters will not acknowledge that election result either. The excuses will be the "Junta this" and the "Junta that". Never ever does thaksin or his 7% minority followers ever support any result that does not go their way. When the result goes there way however (2011 election) they will cling to that result like a baby to her mothers teat.

In 60 years if / when the PTP have still not won an election the supporters will still say "The PTP are the majority, just look at the 2011 election results"!! That is PTP logic right there folks. Who says they have a short memory. Selective, yes. Short, no.

See you in Thailand tomorrow thaksin!

thaksin is not back is he? Another thaksin lie. Maybe an Oak lie.

Like father like son!

THe apple don't fall far from the tree.

The NACC member called "APP" comes to mind when I hear thaksin lies.

The other thing that comes to mind is the, "I was tortured, but have no proof" lie.

PTP logic right there.

Edited by djjamie

Indeed, specially because the term eluding everyone here is pardon, not amnesty. The key difference being that pardons are granted to those already serving a sentence.

Whereas Amnesty's are what people who seize power in coups write themselves once they are in power?

• Like 1

Thailand hasn't got the hang of this yet might be something to do with the world record number of coups.

democracy.jpg

Maybe if Thailand really had the world record number of coups ?

This incomplete list on wiki has Thailand with 12 coups equal to Switzerland and Haiti with 25 on top.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coups_d%27état_and_coup_attempts_by_country

Mind you, a quick search on the "Guinness, book of records" site only shows 25 records on couples rather than coups rolleyes.gif

Anyway, nice to see the "respect my vote till its counted" campaign starting again wink.png

Gen. Prayuth is a man of action, Thaksin is a man of promises, all broken. I personally believe that those who continue to suggest that the Shin popularity will never fade are fooling themselves. Many independent polls have indicated that Prayuth's popularity is growing day by day; that therefore suggests that the support of the people has to shift from elsewhere, in this case, it can only be the Shin family.

I believe, and truly hope, that the people of Thailand who they threw their support behind Thaksin and his bunch of thieves have now seen through the selfish, corrupt practices (failed populist policies) that they stood for (and will always stand for) and instead, throw their support behind the rising tide of anti-corruption, thereby ensuring that Thaksin, and all others like him, will be kept out of politics in the future.

Independent polls ??? Where you get that ?

Newspapers and tele are army controlled so nut much of independent news nor polls to be seen......

• Like 1

Gen. Prayuth is a man of action, Thaksin is a man of promises, all broken. I personally believe that those who continue to suggest that the Shin popularity will never fade are fooling themselves. Many independent polls have indicated that Prayuth's popularity is growing day by day; that therefore suggests that the support of the people has to shift from elsewhere, in this case, it can only be the Shin family.

I believe, and truly hope, that the people of Thailand who they threw their support behind Thaksin and his bunch of thieves have now seen through the selfish, corrupt practices (failed populist policies) that they stood for (and will always stand for) and instead, throw their support behind the rising tide of anti-corruption, thereby ensuring that Thaksin, and all others like him, will be kept out of politics in the future.

Newspapers and tele are army controlled so nut much of independent news nor polls to be seen......

Polls are army controlled? Please proof that. If you can't you should refrain from making these comments. You are clearly discrediting the army without any proof. Not the first time.

Even not so independent polls can show signs of discontent, but there do not seem to be such.

Of course, lots of Thai are unhappy, politicians for instance, government officials sidelined, rice warehouse owners and the like.

Polls are army controlled? Please proof that. If you can't you should refrain from making these comments. You are clearly discrediting the army without any proof. Not the first time.

My advise to you is not to put all your believes in polls. I have not heard of Master Poll before the coup and to think that the poll is run by the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association does creat some doubts as it linedup perfectly with the coup theme. The Master popularity poll have Prayuth topping followed by Ahbisit, Sutherp and Chuan in that order. Can we really be serious with such ranking?

Similarly I will have my doubts on the on the recent Issan poll that said have the majority likely to vote Phuea Thai in the next general election and Yingluck is still the darling of the North.

You change my words , where i stated that the polls are army controlled ? I clearly write that the newspapers and tele are army controlled !