How do you rate 'True' cable tv

advancebooking

I'm trying to decide if its worth subscribing to True cable 'gold' package.

At the true shop last night I asked her to highlight in yellow pen all the English channels. 5 min later she gave me a list of all the channels available and only 6 were highlighted. I was about to walk out and then decided to flick through their box using the remote. I then noticed there were many more channels in English and she apologised.

I asked if there was a website with a list of channels in English and what are in thai. She said no.

Thus, I seek your opinion as to how good is the gold package on true cable. I think I counted about 24 English channels.

Or maybe you recommend a different company?

cheers

We got the all singing all dancing package years ago when they had the football, Trouble was when they had footy the rest of it was <deleted>. Now its better programs , but still end up flicking from channel to channel all night , if i bother to watch at all

I have True Gold package. there's a good range of English programming: HBO, Cinemax, AXN, History Ch, Discovery, Lifetime, BBC News & Discovery, CNN, Red, CNBC, Sundance, Fox, MGN, TCM, beTV, RTL., WE, FTV, Food Network. There are more but I can't remember them, and I'm too lazy to look them up, but needless to say it's a lot more than you were led to believe.

Many people on TVF 'hate' True, but I've never had any real problems with it, pretty much works as advertised for me. Customer service seems to be what irritates people most, but frankly in the US, cable & satellite companies always rank at, or near the bottom in customer satisfaction, so I kinda think thats the nature of the beast worldwide, not just here in Thailand

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

Actually we've found the service to be pretty good. But, we're not big sports fans. Just like to watch news and movies, with some History or Discovery thrown in if there's nothing good on the movie channels. I do wish they had better on-line schedule of programming. They used to and it seemed to disappear with the latest channel reshuffling.

Edited by NancyL

Actually we've found the service to be pretty good. But, we're not big sports fans. Just like to watch news and movies, with some History or Discovery thrown in if there's nothing good on the movie channels. I do wish they had better on-line schedule of programming. They used to and it seemed to disappear with the latest channel reshuffling.

Re: online

They have a smart phone app but I havent checked it as I am not a True subscriber, but maybe worth checking ?