Tourist Visa 2 Multiple Entires O Visa

Guest Froggy

Guest Froggy

Hi Members!

I would like to know the chance to obtain a Multiple Entries O visa after a Tourist Visa of 6 months?

I'm 29 yo from Canada!

If I go to Penang and stay there for a week or two, will it be easier?

I just wanna find the way that they will not considere this application as an extension because I will not have the new financial requirements!

I will be Marry to a Thai Citizen when I will try to obtain the Multiple Entries O Visa!

If they refuse at Penang, can I just come back at the Thai border and get a 30 days stamp?

Thanks!

Froggy

I will be Marry to a Thai Citizen when I will try to obtain the Multiple Entries O Visa!

froggy, bring either your wife or her THAI ID and your THAI marriage certificate to penang and they will give you a non immigrant O visa with a 90 day entry

this can be extended to one year at THAI IMMIGRATION when meeting the extension requirements.

Guest Froggy

Thanks again huski!

Do you think that I can apply dirctly in penang for a Multiple entries Visa?

For the 90 days, are they asking the financial proof or it's only when I will try to get an extension?

Froggy

You should not have any problem getting a multi entry non immigrant O visa at Penang. Just bring marriage certificate copy, wife or her id card or passport, and to be sure a current letter from her that you are still married (although they should not need that one). It is entirely normal to have had a tourist visa prior to marriage so that is not a problem. There is no reason whatever to stay a week or two. You are expected to 'visit' your new wife. :o

Extension of stay is done inside Thailand and that is where money in the bank or income is required. If you are comfortable with 90 day visa runs you can currently just use the multi entry visa and make these trips although your goal probably should be to get into the extension process when you can.

You should not have any problem getting a multi entry non immigrant O visa at Penang. Just bring marriage certificate copy, wife or her id card or passport, and to be sure a current letter from her that you are still married (although they should not need that one). It is entirely normal to have had a tourist visa prior to marriage so that is not a problem. There is no reason whatever to stay a week or two. You are expected to 'visit' your new wife. :o

Extension of stay is done inside Thailand and that is where money in the bank or income is required. If you are comfortable with 90 day visa runs you can currently just use the multi entry visa and make these trips although your goal probably should be to get into the extension process when you can.

Penang is most unlikely to grant a multi entry O visa until the marriage papers are produced at application time.

Guest Froggy

Thanks guys!

I have a last question!

In case that they refuse the Multiple Entries Visa in Penang, is it possible to re-enter Thailand at the border and get a stamp of 30 days?

Froggy