Scotsman Brutally Assaulted By Thais In Pattaya, Police Say

Lite Beer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post discussing moderator action removed, See forum rule 10)

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Off topic posts and replies removed, this is about an attack that happened in Pattaya it has nothing to do with the coming vote in Scotland or family fights. Please stop trying to hijack the topic. Thank you.

What about the other foreign man?

No assistance from him?

What about the other tourists overlooking?

No assistance from them?

If you are a coward, you are a coward, irrespective if you are Thai, farang or from Mars.

Very true words my friend. I'm Scottish and would rather die than show cowardice that's a Scottish trait obviously yours as well ,,, thank you for that ....

People who are attacked and mugged robbed are not all low life as you describe them I was attacked in Pattaya and robbed and lost the sight in one eye admitted I was drunk and I was heading home after a night out drinking with friends both Thai and farang was not in dispute with any Thais male or female at the time but I was definitely not expecting someone to run up behind me with a baseball bat and hit me from behind at full belt not a lot you can do after being knocked unconscious regardless of the pack size. Apparently they were only interested in my wallet and not my wellbeing. I also had a business associate along with his wife who were on holiday in the US and were mugged at gun point and they were not a low lifers either or his wife.

That's a pretty sick story Jim and would rather die for my Scottish honour than watch you being attacked like this its disgusting mate .....

• Like 1

Thank Goodness that we have the Army now running the Country. This would have been far more severe if it wasn't for the Presence of firm Law and Order where the Tourists are safe to come.

After all Thailands Major source of Income is from Farang isn't it ??

Sadly though this could be anywhere in the world in certain Bar areas.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Ohio

The thai was armed with a knife costas

Are you Steven seagal or chuck Norris

Because if you are not here is some advice about

Dealing with armed Thais ....stay away from them if you value your life

Costas seems not to know Thailand.

If a farang dares to attack a Thai, even if he is right, 10 Thais will come out to lynch the farang without asking any question.

If 10 farangs join the browl, 100 Thais will come. They always attack in a proportion of 10:1. Never 1:1 fight.

They love kicking people to death while they are on the floor.

Who are the cowards ?

The problem is most farang don’t even know this situation exists when they come to holiday in Thailand, in 8 years I have never once seen a one on one fight in the Land of Smiles. Most farang believe if they get in a fight it will be with their fists and man to man like in the west, it defiantly does not happen that way in Thailand.

In the event of an altercation you will encounter vicious and brutal men, there are no rules and no fair play, you positively will be overpowered by more than one Thai and there is a strong possibility lethal weapons will be produced against you. Fighting in Thailand is very much a situation that if possible needs to be avoided at all costs; it could very well lead you to serious injury or even death.

• Like 2

Most ladies who work at night are covered by a bar bouncer team or her own network of relatives, etc.

Never try to fist fight Thai men; they will leave you a pulp in the street. And will easily call for reinforcements if needed.

It is a simple system and the foreigner will always lose on street and in court. Pay up and get a taxi to your hotel.

No assistance from him?

No assistance from them?

If you are a coward, you are a coward, irrespective if you are Thai, farang or from Mars.

The world must be full of cowards then. In at least 99% of cases similar to this the general public do not get involved.

No assistance from him?

No assistance from them?

Buddhism... No Confrontation. Cowardism... No Balls. You would have better luck getting help from a Martian.

Seems nobody listens. You do not go around Pattaya arguing with the ladies there. It is called "Protection". The bars and the girls pay for these thugs to beat you to a pulp and make an example out of you. It is thuggery for sure..but those stab wounds are real.

Pretty much out of control there. If you need to argue/pick a fight with a Thai (driver,bargirl,girlfriend,whatever), make sure nobody sees you and be quick.

No assistance from him?

No assistance from them?

Buddhism... No Confrontation. Cowardism... No Balls. You would have better luck getting help from a Martian.

Who knows? Perhaps this man was very abusive, verbally, and very few felt sorry for him. It was not unprovoked. Sometimes you sit there in Pattaya and watch some foolery happen, knowing it's going to end up bad. I would not call the spectators cowards....they probably just winced and said to each other...this guy is going to get it bad.

I am not condoning barbaric thuggery.....it is just a fact of life there.

Also when Thais street fight between themselves it's the same, 10 against 1 and guns/knifes are handy if needed.

My brother in-law was badly hurt 5 years ago up North East, in a coma for a couple of days, 5-6 guys had a go at him after arguing with one of them the day before so this dude went back with some of his friends to "talk" with my brother in-law again.

I will never get any true Thai male friends but I knew that when moved out here anyway so never mind.

Lets hope they arrest the bad guys soon and trow them in jail for a couple of years.

Also when Thais street fight between themselves it's the same, 10 against 1 and guns/knifes are handy if needed.

My brother in-law was badly hurt 5 years ago up North East, in a coma for a couple of days, 5-6 guys had a go at him after arguing with one of them the day before so this dude went back with some of his friends to "talk" with my brother in-law again.

I will never get any true Thai male friends but I knew that when moved out here anyway so never mind.

Lets hope they arrest the bad guys soon and trow them in jail for a couple of years.

How about the Muay Thai boxers? Is that a team sport now? What you are saying is true of any culture that has gangs. Maybe you can point to a culture that does not have gangs?

The 2 people were probably motorcycle taxi riders in the pay of the bar owner and most off duty police are taxi riders. So they would be above the law!!!

Or the thai gf husband not happy about the farang tips in the bar. After all he was a Scotsman.

They are preoccupied with places yet more lawless I believe.

Are there really places more lawless than Pattaya?

Iraq and Syria spring to mind

Quite silly really.

One can certainly walk around the main areas without the slightest concern in Pattaya.

• Like 1