Bodies of foreign tourists found brutally murdered on Koh Tao beach

webfact

Sounds like someone took offense at the two foreigners enjoying that secluded part of the beach a bit too much...took umbrage...and dispatched a hoe to correct the unacceptable scene...it may soon become a suicide case...most foreign murders are swept under the rug...this way...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They will get the killer(s) soon, I am confident as they always do catch them after such a high profile crime.

Maybe time for the Army to step up it's presence on those three islands that have completely escaped Gen Prayuth's attention until today...?

They weren't a couple but her boyfriend was on the island. They're saying rape because of obvious physical signs.

However it could also be consensual sex between the couple who were slaughtered in the act by the boyfriend. His injuries are on the back of his head and hers to the front. The hoe was just convenient. If this was a local we all know the weapon would be more obvious (knife, machete, gun).

Sadly what springs to my mind is the possibility that they had been making love on the beach , after a party and a few drinks .

That would be no surprise in a western country , but in Thailand nudity and sexuality is strictly taboo , the more so in rural or isolated areas .

Thailand isn't a playground where holiday makers can cast off all discretion and do as one likes , their are strict codes of behaviour that should be respected .

I'm so sorry that this should happen , my simpathy goes to their families .

do you seriously think a thai would become offended at witnessing sex acts & resort to violence to end the suffering before his eyes?

Security on these islands appears to be a real concern as this is not the first occasion of rape and murder in recent times. Most of the offenders in the past have been local and migrant workers predominately working in the hospitality, service and fishing industry. In the end, most of them have been apprehended with the exception of some professional hits still outstanding.

Edited by MK1

For the first time in my 20 years of being here, I am feeling frightened. Just because I am a foreigner. my whole life is here with my thai family. but trying to figure out now. this country has just become so dangerous for anyone who is not Asian.

We cannot judge over all Thailand with one incident. I live here for 15 years and traveled most part of Thailand and to remote Islands too. I feel majority of Thais welcome and respect foreigners as tourists. Out of 10 million tourists one or two incidents can happen. This is low season, and tourists are less on the beach. One should take extra care. During peak season nothing to worry, because people are not alone. If you are here for 20 years, you could be speaking good Thai by now. They even treat you most respectful compare to new tourists. Probably the most safest place in Asia is Thailand.

What, "the MOST safest place in Asia".

wow terrible news! from the more peaceful cousin of Koh Phangan. looks like the Meth has taken a firm grip of the locals there too now.

No evidence so far as to who committed this appalling crime.

Why assume it a local? Holiday island, many visitors.

Exactly my thought... It may have been a local, but it could also have been a foreigner... I just hope they catch the person or persons responsible, whatever nationality they are....

RIP...

Murder probe underway after naked bodies of two British tourists found on Thailand beach THE naked bodies of two young tourists have been found on an idyllic beach in South Thailand in what is believed to be a case of double murder and rape.

Read More :http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/511109/Murder-investigation-underway-two-naked-bodies-are-found-Thailand-beach

the injuries are so vicious that it would be easy to think they were personal as opposed to a spontanious attack. what a waste of life, so sad.

also HOE is a poor translation, it was a shovel/spade or the thai pick spade used commonly here.

as someone said today, God forbid it was your family member, , so sad.

Just read this on British Newspaper site....The MIrror (a tabloid for those who don't know).......

'British man wanted over murders'

"Thai police want to interview a British man in connection with the killings, according to reports this afternoon.

ITV News says detectives think the man could be a friend of either the murdered man or woman.

It's believed he left the island on a ferry and could be heading for the capital Bangkok."

Link here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brits-murdered-thailand-live-updates-4261347

Edited by kjhbigv

Just read this on British Newspaper site....The MIrror (a tabloid for those who don't know).......

'British man wanted over murders'

"Thai police want to interview a British man in connection with the killings, according to reports this afternoon.

ITV News says detectives think the man could be a friend of either the murdered man or woman.

It's believed he left the island on a ferry and could be heading for the capital Bangkok."

Link here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brits-murdered-thailand-live-updates-4261347

This has all become front page news back in United Kingdom this is very shocking indeed what's happened.. This is not good for Thailand ..

Edited by NickyBurma

Murdered tourists on Sairee beach in Koh Tao identified

9-15-2014-7-44-30-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KOH TAO: -- The two European tourists found dead on the Sairee beach Monday morning were identified by Surat Thani police as Britons.

They are William Miller, 24, and Hannah Victoria Wither Idge, 24.

Investigation revealed that both arrived on Koh Tao Island on August 27 in different groups.

Hannah Victoria Wither Idge came with three other female friends, while the man came with one friend.

They took part in a full moon party on the beach Sunday night along with hundreds of tourists, but both left the party together and were found dead this morning.

The police said they were checking all CCTV cameras on the beach to find out clues to the murder.

Police suspected that the couple might have something on the beach before they were assaulted and murdered as they wore no clothes when their bodies were found.

However the police said they would sent their bodies to the Police General Hospital in Bangkok for autopsy to find if the female victim was raped or not.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/murdered-tourists-sairee-beach-koh-tao-identified/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-15

The Thai press is still taking the clear line that this was an assault by Burmese migrant workers.

Their story (not substantiated in any way) runs that after the party had finished, the couple wandered down the beach for unspecified reasons and the male was attacked and killed with the hoe. The workers then attempted to rape the female but got enraged when she fought back and killed her too before fleeing.

Whatever the truth, this is an unspeakable tragedy for the families of the two young people and I can see no reason why the perpetrator(s) should be able to claim any right to a continued existence.

I visited Koh Tao a few months ago. I was offered drugs as I came off the ferry, and I am over 50 and not exactly look like the type that does drugs. The island has its own mafia like most beach resorts, and the majority if workers come from Burma. In fact I would guess there are more illegal Burmese workers than Thais on the island.

The drug they call Kratom is widely used on the island.

I am not suggesting any of the above contributed to the horrific murders, but would not surprise me.

Anyway, this is a tragic incident on a very beautiful island. Condolences to the families of the deceased.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Tragic in so many ways.

Where can you go these days to enjoy yourself without having to deal with predators? Asked rhetorically...

Take a big knife with you when you and your lady go to the beach to chill out.. keep your eyes peeled for ANYONE looking out of place and or approaching you... be prepared to fight for your life...when in doubt attack... hmmmm, great way to spend a relaxing evening on the beach during your vacation.. I think not.
Better to just go to another place that does not have a history of violence... where is that?

xxxxxx... I'm staying home, those places can go under as far as I'm concerned... they are not that spectacular to risk any of this.

As someone else mentioned above... I think farang need to stick together and defend each other in times of need. I really bothers me when I see people just standing by while the lady on the beach gets bullied and sand kicked on her... we are strong in numbers.

Absolutely amazing! We now appear to be erring towards a 'falang' defence force. How will you work this? Have western only beaches, prevent the locals from entering your realm?

Suggestions like the above do not help, especially with the facts that have been released. What happens if the murderers turn out to be tourists?

As one local said in the OP, nothing like this has ever happened here before. The only difference for me to the island, is the presence of the tourist that are partying it up. Sh1t can happen.

Let the police carry out their investigation and then reassess.

RIP to the two unfortunate victims and condolences to their families.

wow terrible news! from the more peaceful cousin of Koh Phangan. looks like the Meth has taken a firm grip of the locals there too now.

No evidence so far as to who committed this appalling crime.

Why assume it a local? Holiday island, many visitors.

Cuz it ALWAYS is

I'll bet my bottom dollar it ain't this British guy who returned on the ferry to Bangkok. That theory is too far fetched since nobody is going to come on holiday, then murder 2 people in a country like Thailand then rape the girl - ain't logical ..... sound like a loada BS to me as if they've had some crackpot advice from the desktop detectives on tv ......

I really feel for these poor young people life isn't fair sometimes ......